Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by feixing
Lounge is nowadays total mess because of renovation. However, staff is helping to vacate seats from coats & bags. Well done Finnair.
At the non-Schengen lounge it went even better - there are 2 seats marked "for Lumo customers" (without explaining what it really means). I went to sit there last week, the other seat was also taken. A while later an AY person came with a pax, asking me if I was Lumo. I said yes. He asked the same from the other guy (in English) and when he said yes, he asked to see his b/p - "but you're BA Silver, sir, this seat is reserved for AY Plat Lumo" and made the (unhappy) guy vacate the seat. Well done ^
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
What is this, he believed you but not the other guy? Had to see his BP, though he said yes.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:22 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Clydez
What is this, he believed you but not the other guy? Had to see his BP, though he said yes.
Good point! Unless Wilco was sitting with his Lumotic Tumi with Lumotic Tags shining the whole lounge and the other gentleman had his Samsonite standing beside him with seven BA Silver tags...then I could understand the cruel discrimination
FFlash, Clydez and kanamurva like this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
..... the other gentleman had his Samsonite standing beside him with seven BA Silver tags...then I could understand the cruel discrimination
hahhahaha...... seven Silver tags.

I put my black Ay tag on the Samsonite, but i usually go with Rimowa and only the original tag on it.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Clydez
I answered in Finnish and Finns don't lie, are we now? (actually that might be the case - I don't think there are that many Britons in the Lumosphere)

Maybe I had that Lumotic aura around me that made further questions unnecessary
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Alepa yellow plastic bag with Lumo tag is nice too.
ffay005, SPBanker, FFlash and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
could be Alepa's CEO you never know
FFlash likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:10 am

I think they have been warned about you
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Hehhehhehe
but You don’t NEED that tag in that bag. They know you by the bag. However, it is nicer with the tag inan Alepa bag I agree.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
My thanks go to Norra and AY's policy when changing the operator.

My current period ends today and 10 days ago I was still missing 41k points.While I intended for quite some time to get 40k from exchanging award points, I decided to get the other 1k by flying. So I booked a flight for the 30th. What can go wrong at such a short notice?

Well, 3 days before the flight it turned out that I need to fly on the 31st. Now the flight on the 30th was a complete waste of time.

I settled with doing the flight and getting 1250 award points, but thanks to Norra's ATR shortage I got a few hours before the flight a notification that DOT will operate the flight. So I quickly called and cancelled the flight for a full refund.

And I called today after the flights CS and Plat is now renewed. I just wanted to make sure for my flights tomorrow.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Jainzar
And I called today after the flights CS and Plat is now renewed. I just wanted to make sure for my flights tomorrow.
I don't understand. You needed the 1000 points from your flight yesterday, but you didn't take the flight, and ended up getting the points anyway? Within 24 hours? I thought ORC only applies when you actually fly somewhere, but are rerouted.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Jainzar
My thanks go to Norra and AY's policy when changing the operator.

My current period ends today and 10 days ago I was still missing 41k points.While I intended for quite some time to get 40k from exchanging award points, I decided to get the other 1k by flying. So I booked a flight for the 30th. What can go wrong at such a short notice?

Well, 3 days before the flight it turned out that I need to fly on the 31st. Now the flight on the 30th was a complete waste of time.

I settled with doing the flight and getting 1250 award points, but thanks to Norra's ATR shortage I got a few hours before the flight a notification that DOT will operate the flight. So I quickly called and cancelled the flight for a full refund.

this is great for you!
OTOH, I dont follow the logic that you can cancel or change your flights of ATR due to operation by DOT (no difference really in service, similar plane and all that), but when AY decides to swap HEL-AGP from A330 aircraft to A321, no compensation nada although huge service difference and marketed as A330. Just saying...
ffay005 and esledo like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by ffay005
I don't understand. You needed the 1000 points from your flight yesterday, but you didn't take the flight, and ended up getting the points anyway? Within 24 hours? I thought ORC only applies when you actually fly somewhere, but are rerouted.
Yes, I needed those points. But since I flew in the end with AY today anyway there was no need to fly yesterday.There was no ORC.

I just called and said that my account lacks the points of my flights today (what a surprise), that these make me requalify and that I would like to be Plat tomorrow since I have AY flights tomorrow. After a short moment I got a "you will stay Platinum". No flights posted just my status extended by one year.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I think there’s probably a 1-2-flight and a 1000-2000 point margin with the thresholds to avoid many of the issues.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: Ay Gold
Originally Posted by lkrt
I think there’s probably a 1-2-flight and a 1000-2000 point margin with the thresholds to avoid many of the issues.
Yes there is a threshold of 2000 points to renew Gold, based on confirmation from cs. But at least 50% of the points need to be collected by flights not by exchanging points.
Jainzar likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.