Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Seems to be bit old news as it was already discussed in November, but according to new Blue Wings magazine AY is changing the individually packed small milk packs (Made in UK) on short haul flights to large jugs of Valio milk. Don't drink the instant coffee on airplanes so maybe it's already in use?

Article (in Finnish): https://www.maaseuduntulevaisuus.fi/...kkeli-1.335865

Hopefully they will also aim to enhance the other beverage/food selection to be more Finnish made to promote Finland and the brand image of Finnair. I'm sure that Finns can come up with Riistaleipä deluxe version instead of the current Estonian version

Few suggestions: chips made in Åland, proper Long Drink from Hartwall, special craft beer (think SK with Mikkeller), premium juice (think SK with Ringi), smoothies, specialty coffee etc. The whole non-alcoholic selection is quite poor - whereas alcoholic beverages are very competitive by quality comparing to other airlines.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Furry
Few suggestions: chips made in Åland, proper Long Drink from Hartwall, special craft beer (think SK with Mikkeller), premium juice (think SK with Ringi), smoothies, specialty coffee etc. The whole non-alcoholic selection is quite poor - whereas alcoholic beverages are very competitive by quality comparing to other airlines.
Craft beer is already happening, many Ftalkers tasted it already on 28th Nov.

Still change from small milk cups to Valio jug made my typical order "coffee+ 2 milks" become quite milk-heavy and cold coffee. Don't complain for the change though but it would be great to have the milk warmed up
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
Craft beer is already happening, many Ftalkers tasted it already on 28th Nov.
Are you allowed to tell/hint, which one is it?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by reflektia
Are you allowed to tell/hint, which one is it?
Correct me if my memory fails, but it should be Maku Brewing. And the signature beer will contain a small amount of blueberry.
reflektia and flymetoHEL like this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
It's no secret, Maku has a text on their own homepage saying that Blueberry Saison will be introduced in J on Asian flights in early 2019. Maku is from Tuusula, btw, so it's as local as can possibly be. ^
cistavoda and reflektia like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:01 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by ffay005
...Maku is from Tuusula, btw, so it's as local as can possibly be. ^
Google maps Tusby municipality to end just north of the de-icing stand by 22R. So yeah pretty local

FFlash and loimu like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Originally Posted by intuition
Google maps Tusby municipality to end just north of the de-icing stand by 22R. So yeah pretty local

Hmm, where Tuusula gets its water, hopefully not from wells, or, maybe exactly because of that Maku was chosen...nothing beats the hint of glycol in beer.
ffay005 and OH-LGG like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:55 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Tusby might get some water from ground wells, yes...
But relax, if so it is taken in Huhtariihi, some 2km north-east of that de-icing spot. It can't affect the water (much)
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Excellent news about the beer! Can't wait to try that one out.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I also like the craft beer thing. But. I would rather have this than champagne as my plat drink on shorthauls.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I must say that the three other samples they gave out in the Makubag after the event were not so good (well not bad but got much better crafts of same type elsewhere). The saison that will be onboard was the best IMO and imagine up in the air even better suited.
Kudos AY on this.
Too sad I lost the black Maku textilebag somewhere in Hilton room.
cistavoda likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Excellent flights (in Y) last weekend.

ZRH-HEL operated by NoRRA Embraer. Got 2 champagnes on the house. ^
HEL-ZRH on Airbus with excellent crew. A lot of smiling and very friendly interactions.

My next Finnair flight won't be until June now.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Following the languge discussion here, FA just came with kauppalehti and asked if I wanted swedish papers too. How did she know I speak swedish too evennif my name has no hint to swedish and my mother tonque is finnish. Well kudos for the courtesy still
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:07 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by FFlash
Following the languge discussion here, FA just came with kauppalehti and asked if I wanted swedish papers too. How did she know I speak swedish too evennif my name has no hint to swedish and my mother tonque is finnish. Well kudos for the courtesy still
You didn't realise this is the hidden agenda of the minority to convert y'all to swedish-speaking We'll slowly get you, one by one!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by FFlash
no offense, but do you talk loud?

i mean for a non fin/swe, and i live in lauttasaari, I do hear swedish speaking people are much louder.

Again NO OFFENSE, just an outsider observation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.