Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by MagmaH
In fact, the front seat pocket menu states that even beer costs. I don't remember exactly, but a Karhu cost a few euros. I don't like this inconsistency, so they should update the written policy and the menus to state that alcohol is in fact, complementary.
All alcoholic beverages except champagne are complimentary only on INCL flights to and from China, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong and Singapore. On flights to and from the USA, Cuba, DR, Thailand and Vietnam, only beer and wine are complimentary during the first meal service.

Click here to check out the Sky Bistro menu and scroll to the bottom of the last page and the info is there too so the policy on alcoholic beverages is up to date.
Old May 29, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: AY LUMO
What the heck?

They wrote "new policy" on Bistro card but nothing on their website.

Flights to China, Japan, South Korea, India and Singapore: soft drinks, juices, water, beer and wine are all served free of charge – other alcoholic beverages are available for purchase.

Flights to North and Central America, Thailand and Vietnam: all our meals include free-of-charge non-alcoholic drinks, beer, and wine. Alcoholic beverages are available for purchase at all other times.
https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/inform...-economy-class

So how is it now ???
Old May 29, 2016, 8:24 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
So they should also offer free beer/wine on NA/Thai/etc routes second meal service, which they don't. Beer and wines are complimentary only during first meal service.
Old May 29, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
What the heck?
So how is it now ???
Alright, seems that even they don't really know about their new policy. Practice, printed materials and website all seem to point at very different directions.
Old May 29, 2016, 9:54 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Opup on HEL-OSL this morning. Thank you for that, although I hope the FA will let me sleep.

Flight overbooked. They are offering 125€ as compensation to wait 4,5h. That's not a lot. At least a while back, SK was offering the double.
Old May 29, 2016, 10:22 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by niksal
Opup on HEL-OSL this morning. Thank you for that, although I hope the FA will let me sleep.

Flight overbooked. They are offering 125€ as compensation to wait 4,5h. That's not a lot. At least a while back, SK was offering the double.
Their offers ex Hel in nordic over bookings seem ridiculously low however they seem to get enough volunteers if it was CASH and I was in No hurry why not but a 125€ voucher doesnt seem worthwhile

I have been in the situation where I am flying to ARN from HEL just to turn back on the same plane both over sold but for 100-125€ I just flew instead 😂
Old May 29, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by niksal

SK has always offered at least EU261 value for voluntary compensation in case of overbooking, so in this case it should be 250€. Not really nice to see AY pushing the amount down..
Old May 30, 2016, 12:06 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Furry
SK has always offered at least EU261 value for voluntary compensation in case of overbooking, so in this case it should be 250€. Not really nice to see AY pushing the amount down..
If they find takers for that, I guess that's the market price for inconvenience.
Old May 30, 2016, 12:59 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
EC261 requires the airline to first look for volunteers anyway, so Finnair is (gladly) following the procedure (to their advantage).
Old May 30, 2016, 1:57 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by kauppias
I was pleasantly suprised to get complimentary champagne today on my AY feeder. Nothing needed on my part other then ordering. Last flight was a complete opposite so glad to see they have done a 360!

On top of that the Y cabin crew was friendly, smiling and the service was smooth ^^^
Same experience HEL-FRA-HEL on Friday/Sunday. On both flights purser came to welcome onboard and brought the newspapers (on return already before take off ^), complimentary champagne for me and my partner was just a case of ordering for it, seat between us was about the only unoccupied one in the whole cabin, and the crew on both flights was friendly, smiling and the service was smooth. Have to admit I really do like their new service concept for elites in Y ^^^

If they just could develop some kind of priority bus service when using bus gates, it would be just great. And of course do some radical improvements with Schengen lounge issue at HEL.
Old May 30, 2016, 2:00 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Furry
Originally Posted by Courmisch
EC261 requires the airline to first look for volunteers anyway, so Finnair is (gladly) following the procedure (to their advantage).

I find it difficult to criticise the airline for this. Like SPBanker says, it seems to be the market price.

I guess this is a sign of the times - the customer mix has changed and will continue to change. More and more flyers are leisure non-frequent flyers, and more tickets are sold by price and not by what departure is the most convenient. So if you really didn't care to fly a specific departure and you paid 125€ for the return flight, a 125€ bonus for a few hours delays is a no-brainer.

(I can easily find AY flights OSL-HEL r/t sub 125€)
Old May 30, 2016, 4:09 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I took the SK offer last year. 300€ flight vouchers or (roughly) half of it in cash.

I used the vouchers to buy later flights but a young guy who took the offer went straight to cash in the money. Even with lounge access and refreshment voucher I am not sure if I would have wanted to wait for 4 hours for less than 150€.

AY's offers I usually happily decline.
Old May 30, 2016, 5:44 am

[QUOTE=niksal;26699506]Opup on HEL-OSL this morning. Thank you for that, although I hope the FA will let me sleep.
QUOTE]

Me too - always appreciate a second breakfast!
Old May 31, 2016, 6:43 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
My flight to OSL was delayed by three hours on Saturday. I sent them an EC261/2004 claim on the same day and today they answered offering me 250 EUR in cash or a 350 EUR voucher. Having read others' experiences I was very pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to persuade them one bit.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
New booking engine did not give any Nordic award I was eyeing, a call to Plat line and a friendly voice proactively suggested to ask and search extra award space for me to put in hold. I gave all my words of positive recognition.
Email in half an hour, X ticketed
I wish the Plat line was always like this, there are huge differences between response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.