Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2020, 2:16 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS) TK Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
This annus horribilis is soon ending and I'm sure this year has been a nightmare for everyone at Finnair. Despite that, everyone I have been in contact with during the year, mostly in issues to do with rebookings, cancellations, refunds, almost all things negative, have been very friendly, understanding and accommodating, and have to admit that their policies regarding all those negative issues have as a whole been quite customer-friendly. The latest contacts within the last couple of weeks just prove that:
- refund of cancelled flights within a day, it's been like that since the beginning of this pandemic, refunds done within days, no questions asked
- all uprade vouchers returned with validity extended till the end of my tracking period, in the latest case even though the original expire date of the vouchers was in 2019!
- gift vouchers (to be used for onboard shopping) expiring in the end of this year: validity extended with one year

Even though the company is doing huge losses with most of the planes grounded, most of the staff laid off and no quick relief to the situation in sight, still they keep good care of their customers, clearly believing that there is light in the end of the tunnel. I am confident that I'm not the only one remembering all this when the world opens up again, loyalty really goes both ways! Thank you, Finnair and everyone at Plat line and customer service!

I absolutely 100% agree with this!
I for one will remember Finnair once the world opens again.
FinnairPlus_Ela likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 7:44 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
I had a gift voucher expiring on 01APR, it was nice to see that you can finally pay with vouchers also in the new website and at the same time noticed that the voucher validity was extended for 6months 👍
SPBanker likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 3:14 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Finnair has free wifi! Watching 15 sec ad of Finnair plus awards you 20 minutes of browsing. There was also option to purchase something to receive 60 minutes of free wifi. However getting there required to watch 30 sec ad of something else and I didn't have patience for that. Free access can be used in addition to voucher and tier benefits. Saw 20 people online on my flight!

Finnair free wifi options.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 5:32 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by avermat
Finnair has free wifi! Watching 15 sec ad of Finnair plus awards you 20 minutes of browsing. There was also option to purchase something to receive 60 minutes of free wifi. However getting there required to watch 30 sec ad of something else and I didn't have patience for that. Free access can be used in addition to voucher and tier benefits. Saw 20 people online on my flight!
I noticed this too in January on my my flight HEL-IVL. Not relevant for me really, because I am plat and got free 30min anyway. Not much need for more on such short flight. But the real problem was Wifi did not work. I wonder if all the people using the free option blocked it. The plane was pretty much full. Also it is ridiculous that plat gets only 30min free wifi on SH, not the entire flight. So the difference with plat and basic is 10 minutes and no need to watch commercial. I would hate for the wifi to be devalued like this in the future if it means lower bandwidth for those who pay or have status.

Great if you can use it in addition to tier benefits though. Does J class and tier statuses also add up btw? So could you get 30+30+20?
Old Apr 21, 2021, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by srieppo
Great if you can use it in addition to tier benefits though. Does J class and tier statuses also add up btw? So could you get 30+30+20?
J class and tier wifi allowances don't add up. My previous Airbus flight was in beginning of Jan and didn't have this free option back then.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 8:27 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by srieppo
But the real problem was Wifi did not work.
Did not work for me on my recent AGP-HEL, either. And for once, I had actually planned to work during the flight. I would have purchased wifi, actually.

On TK, Elites (*G) get 400 MB free wifi, which should last for the whole flight on a 3–4 hour flight. And that's not even top status.
Old May 25, 2021, 7:10 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
https://www.finnair.com/fi-fi/matkustusrajoituskartta

Finnair is now providing Timatic info free of "verify that you're a human" or "max 2 queries per hour" limitations. I believe Timatic is a paid service to airlines.
WilcoRoger and intuition like this.
Old May 26, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by zxcv1
https://www.finnair.com/fi-fi/matkustusrajoituskartta

Finnair is now providing Timatic info free of "verify that you're a human" or "max 2 queries per hour" limitations. I believe Timatic is a paid service to airlines.
That's very useful!

However this is not Timatic data (as that would include all other requirement, starting from passports, visas, exemptions, etc) though some data from Timatic is used (from the small print "Said information is provided by Smartvel, which compiles public and private sources of the highest confidence. Storing, reviewing or recording this information is prohibited without the express consent of Smartvel. Likewise, “Timatic®” owned by IATA is one of the sources of information, Smartvel having the rights to use this information for this website")
Old May 26, 2021, 6:12 am

Yeah, and the data is not always accurate, either. I wouldn't trust this as a source. I went through a few countries and there are faults there.
Old May 26, 2021, 6:49 am

These quick summaries seem to be a little off. For example the Netherlands is shown as Test May be required. However once you click it open you will find out that the test is required.
Old May 26, 2021, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by avermat
These quick summaries seem to be a little off. For example the Netherlands is shown as Test May be required. However once you click it open you will find out that the test is required.
Same applies to Finland, it says test "may" be required, which is not true, as you can choose to take the test on arrival. Similarly, it says quarantine "may be required", which is untrue, as well. They present the test certificate as an alternative to quarantine, when in fact there is no quarantine for anyone and there is voluntary self-isolation for everyone, even when tested...
Old May 26, 2021, 9:09 am

The problem is that I checked entry requirements from Finland to Denmark and it was wrong. You can fly from Finland to Denmark without a quarantine. I know as I have been anxiously waiting to get there and see the EURO2020 game in two and a half weeks time.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Something good, for once.
these new Y eco flex tix are nice, sometimes pricing okayish AND importantly, refundable: I had forgotten to cancel one tix and called in, asked if it is refundable AFTER departure and got all money back, no penalties! Thanks!
r2d2, SPBanker and kauppias like this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:55 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
How funny or sad that the positive feedback thread of AY had ZERO posts from May 26th to oct 18 😃😃🤦🤷🏼‍♂️
ffay005 and cistavoda like this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by FFlash
Something good, for once.
these new Y eco flex tix are nice, sometimes pricing okayish AND importantly, refundable: I had forgotten to cancel one tix and called in, asked if it is refundable AFTER departure and got all money back, no penalties! Thanks!
If one is already OLCI'd and doesn't cancel check in, will this work the same way? I know for example DY does (or at least used to) refund you if no-showed while checked in.

Originally Posted by kauppias
How funny or sad that the positive feedback thread of AY had ZERO posts from May 26th to oct 18 😃😃🤦🤷🏼‍♂️
This and also the negative feedback thread has also been very quiet as a dedicated thread was opened to vent about the enhancements 😂😂
kauppias likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.