Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2020, 12:08 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
In also!

Got all my remaining March-May bookings moved to October-November period, even my last OTA booking, without a problem in one call. Really appreciated.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:03 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Definitely in, too! CS is almost too nice as they are always so happy to help with any trouble during this time, too.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:18 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
I am in. They are fab
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:34 am

Programs: AY Platinum (oneworld Emerald), Bonvoy/Radisson/Hilton Gold
I’m in as well
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:35 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Thank you Janica - well done. Called CS to cancel tickets - very friendly and professional way to manage refunds.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 11:55 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by niksal
I must also give kudos to AY's service in these times. The plat number still picks up fairly quickly, and they are very helpful, polite and accommodating. I can only imagine the stress they must be going through, and yet they seem to be calm and collected, trying to find the best possible solution. It's not the service agents fault that flights get cancelled.

I would actually be bold enough to say that we in FT should do some crowdfunding thing to remember the service agents in some nice way. Everyone pitches in with lets say 20€ and after this whole thing is over, perhaps they can get tickets to Allas or do some other small nice thing with the pot. I realize it wouldn't be much and I don't know how big their team is nor where they are located, but I think we should think about how we can give something back to the frontline of AY CS.
This is a very worthwhile idea... let’s develop it.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 1:10 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by SPBanker
This is a very worthwhile idea... let’s develop it.
See What can the FT Finnair Forum do to thank Janica? !
SPBanker likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 3:02 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
May I just say I deeply respect the way Finnair is handling the COVID19 issues? Whereas my own country's airline KLM is trying to push everyone for refunds towards a gift voucher that will be turned into cash only after the expiry date of the voucher (1 year)

Finnair has been:
  • Extremely cooperative, flexible and transparent about their refund policies.
  • No nasty tricks trying to push you to gift vouchers.
  • They give you a clear choice and offer even 10% exrta value if you take the gift voucher route.
  • They proactively communicate (and do it clearly) on social media, emails and on the phone about their refund policies. They are superb.
  • I've called CS multiple times in the past 2 weeks and in all cases got through within 30 seconds.
  • Extending tier membership with 6 months for every member unconditionally (rather than KLM who is only lowering qualifications and only for members with tracking periods that end in March, April or May 2020)
THANK YOU AY.

Just compare this, how KLM is handling it:

Last edited by EuroFlash; Mar 29, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Old Mar 30, 2020, 7:30 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Another great call with Janica - had my June flights TO LHR cancelled. Points booking. My next weekend in London without a booking is the weekend before xmas - typically pretty high price season and now points availability.

Call answered within seconds. Janica told me what I already knew - no availability. She asked me if I could fly already on Thursday (which I couldn't). I asked what she thinks my chances would be for a waitlisted booking to go through. She said she'll check the seat availability, put me on hold, and after a few minutes my flight changes were ok'd, including the voucher updates. Pretty happy with the outcome.
Steve_Hun, kauppias and Dieselross like this.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
With award bookings, they seem to have orders to call "the other department", which will presumably clear almost anything the customer wants. DXB J awards are hard to get, and before all this chaos, I waitlisted three separate DXB J awards for March-April with the intention of spending one weekend in DXB if one of the three awards would clear (and cancel the rest).

In the end, two of them cleared and I cancelled the third one. I was about to fly to DXB, but one day before my flight UAE denied entry to Finnish passport holders. I postponed both reservations to November, and there was no U availability, but Janica fixed it anyway.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
I had bought some Royal Restaurant vouchers from Finnair Plus Shop earlier this year and the validity is 6 months from date of purchase and as you know proper restaurants should be closed as of today. Called in to CS today to inquire do I need to fight with restaurant/NoHo and to my surprise they were just willing to push the expiry date 6 months from today.

Great service and great outcome. Literally 2 mins in the call with only few beats of that famous queue song
SPBanker and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 7:06 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I had 2 vouchers with original expiry june 30. They were applied to a flight last year and when that got cancelled they were not extended (because they were not in my account at the time of the spring-sweep for extensions). I didn't think much about it and I don't see me being able to fly AY for a long time anyway.

Anyway, last day of june I decided to book something anyway. Called a few times during the day, but there was a longer wait than I liked. At 9 pm (CEST) I went ahead with the booking on AY web with the intention to apply vouchers myself. Of course it didn't work and DIY waitlisting is of course disabled. Called platline, which only has english world service that late. 30 minutes later, being told every minute in Finnish that "your call is valuable to us but everyone is busy at the moment", I felt I was done with the most boring language class of the year.

Gave up and decided to cancel the trip the next day. Sent of an email to plat line asking if they would consider waitlisting because the voucher validity never was extended and went to bed.
Had a busy day at the office so it was late afternoon when I got around to call to cancel. At that time plat line had waitlisted me.
Now this is just a tiny thing, but I hope this mindset prevails over time. It is appreciated.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 10:51 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Postie dropped off an unexpected letter from AY. Which made my day quite a bit better. Those Fazer candies are otherwise pretty impossible to come by in Australia
Thank you!

ffay005, OH-LGG, SPBanker and 16 others like this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 8:42 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
I had recently 3 chats with Finnair and each time no any waiting time !
Old Dec 23, 2020, 12:31 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
This annus horribilis is soon ending and I'm sure this year has been a nightmare for everyone at Finnair. Despite that, everyone I have been in contact with during the year, mostly in issues to do with rebookings, cancellations, refunds, almost all things negative, have been very friendly, understanding and accommodating, and have to admit that their policies regarding all those negative issues have as a whole been quite customer-friendly. The latest contacts within the last couple of weeks just prove that:
- refund of cancelled flights within a day, it's been like that since the beginning of this pandemic, refunds done within days, no questions asked
- all uprade vouchers returned with validity extended till the end of my tracking period, in the latest case even though the original expire date of the vouchers was in 2019!
- gift vouchers (to be used for onboard shopping) expiring in the end of this year: validity extended with one year

Even though the company is doing huge losses with most of the planes grounded, most of the staff laid off and no quick relief to the situation in sight, still they keep good care of their customers, clearly believing that there is light in the end of the tunnel. I am confident that I'm not the only one remembering all this when the world opens up again, loyalty really goes both ways! Thank you, Finnair and everyone at Plat line and customer service!
r2d2, ffay005, OH-LGG and 14 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.