Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
Boarded AY1435. Right after the lady in front of me arrived to her seat, she noticed that she had forgotten her laptop at security! The flight attendant guarding the emergency exit right away called the main door, they contacted the gate and just before doors were closed, the laptop arrived to the plane and found the right owner! Amazing customer service, shows real commitment to customer service
Something similar happened to me some weeks ago. I was flying with Finnair from Chicago to Helsinki and forgot my laptop in the plane. After the flight I took a shower, had some breakfast in the lounge and only after that noticed that my laptop is missing. I had about 1.5 hours until the connection to London will board. I contacted the transfer service, they understood the problem and started immediately managing the issue. The plane had already been moved to “back row” for cleaning. The agent at the transfer service was very friendly and told that they will do all that they can to get it back to me in time and asked me to wait in the lounge. They updated me continuously by phone on what was happening and another friendly agent brought the laptop to me to the lounge 10 minutes before the boarding. All the time I was updated on what was going on. Even when I boarded the agent managing the boarding, who had been updated on the situation checked if I had gotten my laptop. Just amazing service!
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:13 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by mhle
Even when I boarded the agent managing the boarding, who had been updated on the situation checked if I had gotten my laptop. Just amazing service!
Most employers love this kind of stories. Hopefully with bitlocker...
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TTL
Most employers love this kind of stories. Hopefully with bitlocker...
I did write them a thank you card on the spot and left it to the gate agent and also sent feedback through the web page. I hope they reached the involved persons.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I think @TTL was referring to your employer, hence the bit about bitlocker
Old Dec 15, 2018, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I think @TTL was referring to your employer, hence the bit about bitlocker
I am self-employed, nothing to discuss there.
SPBanker likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by mhle
Something similar happened to me some weeks ago.
I've had a different experience. This April Mrs. r2d2 forgot her phone and MP3 player in the storage bin of the seat on AY 100. She noticed it when we were waiting for our bags at the luggage carousel and she went immediately to the arrivals desk to explain the situation. The agent was helpful and called the gate, but the gate agent told the items will be taken to lost&found. I went to collect them later that week when taking my next flight and paid a bit over 20 euros for their services.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by r2d2
I've had a different experience. This April Mrs. r2d2 forgot her phone and MP3 player in the storage bin of the seat on AY 100. She noticed it when we were waiting for our bags at the luggage carousel and she went immediately to the arrivals desk to explain the situation. The agent was helpful and called the gate, but the gate agent told the items will be taken to lost&found. I went to collect them later that week when taking my next flight and paid a bit over 20 euros for their services.
The agent at the transfer desk who helped me got the same answer first: the laptop will be delivered to lost&found the next day. However, she was persistent and I overheard that she used the following argumentation: the customer does not live in Finland, is on a short transit and is our own Platinum customer. By the way, I never asked for any special treatment, it was purely the agent's initiative to help a customer that was in a problematic situation.
r2d2, SPBanker, cistavoda and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:35 am
R2

Travelling out for Christmas holidays today. We were booked HEL-ARN (separate ticket) ARN-HEL-BKK-KUL. While at the lounge waiting for HEL-ARN, got informed it would be delayed by 1h30min. Even with the same plane turnaround at ARN this would have meant missing the connection to BKK.

Tried calling the Plat line but busy. A very talkative Fazer(!) employee here at the Schengen lounge finds out about our situation and says she will make a call to someone. After a few minutes on the phone (with a friend of hers at AY), our flights ARN-HEL-ARN were cancelled and we just have another few hours to kill in the lounge before the flight to BKK tonight. She said we can even claim back the taxes on the HEL-ARN-HEL flights. Excellent service!

OT, she also seemed to be well up to speed with the plans for the new non-Schengen lounge; said they are recruiting another nine waitstaff (in addition to the new kitchen staff) and the grand plans for the a la carte restaurant stand firm.
vulle, SPBanker, temppa and 7 others like this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Finnair is stepping up their lounge game, wow.

Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
You should add the Glöggi with 10% alc. now before Christmas. Might be the best part for some people.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: QR Gold AY Plat
Originally Posted by EuroFlash

This looks delicious. When was this pic taken? And which lounge?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:43 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by flymetoHEL
2 hours ago in the HEL Finnair Schengen Lounge!
SPBanker likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by flymetoHEL
Actually I tasted that too and it was not at all good. The meat thing was looking better than taste and the potato was bad. The vegetable pan was just....vegetable pan, no good no bad.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
ARN > HEL cancelled the other day, whilst my final destination was NRT. Immediately rebooked onto an earlier SAS flight when I arrived at the airport. Quite happy with the outcome of my first ever flight cancellation! Although I think I got lucky with arriving at the airport 3.5hr early; I'm sure it didn't end so well for others who arrived at check-in much closer to departure.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: AY+ , AerClub
DUB-HEL recently during busy run up to Christmas, decent meal in Y with v tasty dessert cheese cake, and very cheerful FA.

First post, long time lurker but figured 'twas time to register.
vulle, cistavoda and FFlash like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.