Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by lkrt
You should note that also the seafood meal comes with gluten-free bread and dessert (and hummus).
Thanks for making that remark!

In that case I won't be sampling the SFML in SH biz, because I find glutenfree items to be - well, pretty plain awful. I just don't get why the glutenfree items are added to the SFML, because being a pescatarian isn't equal to being allergic. It's outright frivolous to see the pic you attached. The desert looks like a joke and I can imagine the bread was nothing to write home about.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Thanks for making that remark!

In that case I won't be sampling the SFML in SH biz, because I find glutenfree items to be - well, pretty plain awful. I just don't get why the glutenfree items are added to the SFML, because being a pescatarian isn't equal to being allergic. It's outright frivolous to see the pic you attached. The desert looks like a joke and I can imagine the bread was nothing to write home about.
You can choose any bread from the basket and even butter is offered. You just skip the prepacked bread roll. I actually liked the hummus with rye bread (I admit it’s an odd combination). I find it odd that the meal is gluten free and vegetarian if though the main dish is fish and the appetizer may contain bread crumbles. I have heard that the meals come from the diet kitchen.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
On my flight HEL to MUC you had the choice between steak, peas and mash or beef and red cabbage. I opted for steak and this looked and taste like it was straight out of a Tricatel factory. 4 out of 8 pax couldn´t eat anything, since beef did not go along with their diet (two people of the delayed Dehli flight and two vegetarians) - uh but this was a Lufthansa flight in J where AY put us on. So the gras is not really greener on the other side.
SPBanker and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Ed Size
...it was straight out of a Tricatel factory. ....
Now I need to find "L'aile ou la cuisse" somewhere, to be able to rewatch it!
Ed Size likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by nordic
You can choose any bread from the basket and even butter is offered. You just skip the prepacked bread roll. I actually liked the hummus with rye bread (I admit it’s an odd combination). I find it odd that the meal is gluten free and vegetarian if though the main dish is fish and the appetizer may contain bread crumbles. I have heard that the meals come from the diet kitchen.
Okay, except that doesn't solve the dessert. I'm better of skipping any order of the SFML. I'm however tempted to choose the Asian VGML as my other alternative for doing some sampling. It seems to me it can be hit and miss? The fruit platter and raw vegetable meals were already previously described here. No, not going to try them. I'm still quite sane.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:55 am

AVML also comes from the diet kitchen so the same deal with bread and dessert.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Today on my late afternoon short haul flight I was not really hungry and asked if I could have my meal later, just before arrival. No problem, says the FA, just let me know when you are hungry and I will heat it for you. So I completed my meal just when they started to land and seat belt signs went on. Very nice dine-on-demand experience.

The reason why I was not hungry is that I just had full dinner as my pre-departure meal on a long-haul, instead of breakfast (as it was late afternoon). Very nice dine-on-demand experience.

When did Finnair implement dine-on-demand? Worked perfectly on two flights in a row.
ffay005, DALtoAAL and Steve_Hun like this.
Old May 4, 2019, 4:53 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Throwback-saturday...

January 2015, afternoon flight HEL-CPH. Salad with salad, probably the best salads in the world...

Old May 4, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
The fruit in the plastic basket!!! Yeez it is SUCH a small effort to put that on a little plate, why does AY keep doing this. haha.
Old May 4, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
The fruit in the plastic basket!!! Yeez it is SUCH a small effort to put that on a little plate, why does AY keep doing this. haha.
You must be talking about my favourite J-with-Alepa-feeling salad! The problem may be they have no plates. The question would then be why does that happen. The answer may be saving costs of cleaning extra plates.
Of course the food doesn't get better with nicer plates, but the way of presentation shows what's the overall J product quality they are aiming for. And as already discussed, being Europe's best J with such items probably won't work. Even though, the famous Singaporean Hawker's Chicken awarded with a Michelin star also doesn't amaze with presentation (nor the taste, to be honest), but there you aren't paying a typical Michelin restaurant price either.
Old May 6, 2019, 5:09 pm

pls remove
Old May 6, 2019, 5:10 pm

Pls remove. I should go to sleep.
Old May 6, 2019, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by R2
ARN-HEL today I was served a vegan Korean noodle wrap (there was no choice). It was bland and weird - I didn't like it at all and the crew said I'm not the first one to say so.
Recently I had preordered a SFML and was pleasantly suprised to have a very good salmon bagel with egg.

Last edited by nordic; May 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm
Old May 6, 2019, 10:52 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by nordic
Pls remove. I should go to sleep.
mind sharing your dream? hope your sleep was good
Old May 7, 2019, 3:14 pm

Tonight in biz on HEL-AGP, AY1675.

Not bad, although the sauce reminds me of having some greasemonkey cooking as a sideshow, taken how the sauce looks like second hand engine oil. The second option was cod with a shrimp sauce. Both this ox steak and the fish came with mash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.