Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
AY 1331 HEL-LHR 0800-0910 A-350-900

Choices were either a cold plate (meat and cheese) or an "omelet". This is obviously not an omelet but from what I understand is called a potato boat. Whatever it was it was really good.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Luckily, salads in Alepa weren't sold out that morning...
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by CMK10
AY 1331 HEL-LHR 0800-0910 A-350-900

Choices were either a cold plate (meat and cheese) or an "omelet". This is obviously not an omelet but from what I understand is called a potato boat. Whatever it was it was really good.
Was this yesterday, 2.1.19? If so, we were on the same flight then.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
AY1571/HEL-CDG/Cold breakfast

While I find it nice to have a lighter breakfast option available on board, I found the execution extremely skimpy. One tiny slice of processed meat and one evenly tiny slice of cheese felt just cheap. And same goes with the presentation of the fruit component in cheap plastic case.

esledo and cistavoda like this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
This indeed looks cheaper than a Y breakfast on a high class airline.
Justinus, DALtoAAL and cistavoda like this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by florens

Was this yesterday, 2.1.19? If so, we were on the same flight then.
Nope I just missed you, I flew on 1/1/19.
florens likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat

HEL-LIS: IIRC the starter was one of what we tasted at Finnair Kitchen event? Smoked vendace with sour cream sauce, absolutely excellent. The salmon main was good too. The existence of second service was a nice surprise, although it was just a cheese muffin.
ffay005, SPBanker and FFlash like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Anyone got any idea how food is like for a HEL-CPH early morning flight?
I've managed to get upgrade availability on a HEL-CPH flight on the 14th of February and am still deciding whether the upgrade is worth 7500points for a lowly Basic member.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
You can choose between hot and cold breakfast. Hot breakfast is something like an omelette and a sausage, cold breakfast cold cuts, cheese, lettuce and yoghurt. Nothing too special, I wouldn't spend 7500 points on a morning flight.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:30 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by lkrt

HEL-LIS: IIRC the starter was one of what we tasted at Finnair Kitchen event? Smoked vendace with sour cream sauce, absolutely excellent.
You are right!
I think there were a few versions, but exactly that one was served back then. The greens have a slightly posher attitude in the "original", but I'm happy to see this one launched!

FFlash and Purjelentaja like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:36 am

You can choose between hot and cold breakfast. Hot breakfast is something like an omelette and a sausage, cold breakfast cold cuts, cheese, lettuce and yoghurt. Nothing too special, I wouldn't spend 7500 points on a morning flight.
I think there is no choice of breakfast between HEL-CPH/OSL and some other shorter routes. Just the hot option. At least they have never offered a choice even when sittning in the front row. I fly these routes rather seldom.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:02 am

IMO the "cold breakfast" isn't an option either. I ended up getting that once. I claimed half of the points back. There is no fun eating one slice of ham and one slice of cheese. You can just skip it instead. 😀
Justinus and DALtoAAL like this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
HEL-LIS: IIRC the starter was one of what we tasted at Finnair Kitchen event? Smoked vendace with sour cream sauce, absolutely excellent. The salmon main was good too. The existence of second service was a nice surprise, although it was just a cheese muffin.
I swear I have had those smoked vendaces before. Unfortunately I couldn't find pictures. Most likely on long-haul flights in the last 1-2 years.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
I swear I have had those smoked vendaces before. Unfortunately I couldn't find pictures. Most likely on long-haul flights in the last 1-2 years.
Well, look what I found...HEL-JFK, 30DEC02, on an MD-11! Bit more than 1-2 years ago though!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
Well, look what I found...HEL-JFK, 30DEC02, on an MD-11! Bit more than 1-2 years ago though!
wonderful! Tray concept or vendace starter?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.