Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Yeah, I don't trust the seat map. Doing a dummy booking, AY.com tells me there are 2 seats left 09NOV HEL-DXB in J. Now I hope they decide to give one of those to me instead of maybe clearing waitlisted upgrades...

11NOV DXB-HEL says 8 seats available when trying to book.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: AY+Plat
You can use this site to check available seats:
https://flightavailability.bcdtravel...MnAvlMain.aspx
Your HEL - DXB on 9th shows 5 free J seats and DXB -HEL on 11th shows 9, meaning 9 or more.

Last edited by lento; Nov 5, 2018 at 11:08 am
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:54 am

Oh, great, thanks! Even shows X availability. Probably U and F too, if there is any. ^^
Old Nov 7, 2018, 5:41 am

This is not going too well. Yesterday, I talked to Janica's brother, who was a great guy. During my call, he talked to revenue management and tried to clear my outbound seat, but to no avail. He suggested that I could either fly Y both ways for 30k or fly Y outbound and J inbound for 50k. I don't have any upgrade vouchers left, otherwise I could have taken the Y award for 30k and used a voucher for the return upgrade. Anyway, he looked at the waitlist and I should have a pretty good position there, but if and when they clear it is anyone's guess. Some two hours after the call, Janica called me and asked if I want to cancel my booking since it hasn't cleared. She was unaware of the previous call. In the meanwhile, J availability has gone from 5 to 3.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
This thread seems to be getting a bit off topic...
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:46 am

I promise I'll be getting back on topic on Friday. Just had my flights confirmed after a conversation with Janica, who at first was rather reluctant but in the end managed to get my outbound confirmed. ^

A bit more on-topic: no preorder meals available for DXB (except special meals), so in that respect, DXB definitely is Euro-J.
OH-LGG likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
We're making history then. First ever AY 330 DXB-HEL
ffay005 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:49 am
R2

ARN-HEL today I was served a vegan Korean noodle wrap (there was no choice). It was bland and weird - I didn't like it at all and the crew said I'm not the first one to say so.

Maybe for my next flight I need to check if they have a meat option available as a special meal
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:03 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
A bland Korean noodle wrap - that is just wrong on soo many levels!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:15 am
R2

Originally Posted by intuition
A bland Korean noodle wrap - that is just wrong on soo many levels!
Exactly, I've been to Korea many times and I love the food there. The wrap today was so far from what the Koreans would call their food. It was one of those ready-made supermarket meals and had probably been wrapped in plastic for few days already.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver

Dinner on CPH-HEL, the "famous" AY Meatballs. They did the trick.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
I will start with an off-topic photo: LH meal last week, AY5 HEL-JFK:

The starter (Salmon tartar, marinated shimeji mushrooms, trout roe and fried onion, by Chef Tommy Myllymäki) as well as the main course (Roasted chicken with porcini risotto, peperonata and asparagus, not by Myllymäki) were both absolutely delicious. Someone warned about too fancy Chef creations in these FT AY meal threads, and at least the porcini risotto was a great choice along these lines.

Now back to the topic: to our extremely pleasant surprise, yesterday's AY1335 LHR-HEL had to offer this (spot any difference?):

The other main course choice would have been a pork schnitzel something, but obviously chicken with porcini risotto was a no-brainer. When asked about the starter, the FA said: "that is the Tommy Myllymäki starter that we now are fortunate to get from the LH kitchen". Quite a bit smaller than the LH version above, but no less delicious. Well done, AY!
florens and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by timol
I will start with an off-topic photo: LH meal last week, AY5 HEL-JFK:
So AY is now serving "midnight style expedited single tray" also on HEL-JFK?

Geez, combined with those not-so-fresh seats in A330s AY J really is in a sad state at the moment.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by esledo
So AY is now serving "midnight style expedited single tray" also on HEL-JFK?
Sure, i was also a bit taken aback when seeing the starter and the main course on the same tray. Fortunately, the cheese and the dessert followed separately.

Oh, forgot to mention earlier: on AY1335 HEL-LHR, Amarula was available as I expected (thanks to FT), but earlier on AY1336 LHR-HEL, the FA response was: "we do not have Amarula now, but there is Bailey's in Y, I can get one for you"
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
All I got to say about this is just: WOW!
What an incredible meal on AMS-HEL (still inflight now).

A salmon starter and a canneloni with ricotta and spinach as a main. Then a raspberry pie as desert. AMAZING dishes, loved every bit of it!!

FFlash likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.