Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
The dispute has been settled and negotiations are over, overtime ban lifted but to recover from current substandard situation will of course take a couple of days.

https://www.palta.fi/palta-ja-iau-so...n-tyoehdoista/ (in Finnish only)

EDIT: I am normally too lazy to make an own translation, but Google Translate performing exceptionally well this time: ^
"Employers in service industries Palta and Aviation IAU earlier this morning agreed on a collective agreement on aviation services.
Palta is pleased that a common solution has been found, and the whole autumn negotiations have been completed.
The previous contract term ended on 15.11.2017."
ffay005, florens and wkndtraveler like this.

Last edited by ff_flyer; Dec 22, 2017 at 7:36 am
Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Was that the same baltic herring dish AY now serves in J on LH flights, too?
I don't know, how does it look like?
wkndtraveler likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by Jainzar
I don't know, how does it look like?
Looks like the same, though presentation is not as nice!
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by ff_flyer
The dispute has been settled and negotiations are over, overtime ban lifted but to recover from current substandard situation will of course take a couple of days.
So now we'll see whether those plastic containers really were part of the overtime ban or if they're here to stay...
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ffay005
I'm okay with Y service being enhanced to death because it has also meant great reductions in ticket prices.
Sadly I have never seen prices drop with cost cutting in Y. Take BA for example, they eliminated free meals intra-Europe and I haven't seen the prices go down.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Sadly I have never seen prices drop with cost cutting in Y. Take BA for example, they eliminated free meals intra-Europe and I haven't seen the prices go down.
Oh, they've dropped. A lot. But it doesn't work like "we just stopped serving meals so everyone's ticket is €20 cheaper". Check out this thread for some ideas Why do I have to pay separately for my bag, my meal and everything else?

Some 20 years ago, 2500 FIM was a normal price for a European return ticket. 2000 FIM for a nonstop on AY to Europe was a bargain. And those tickets always forced you to stay the Sat/Sun night, no exceptions.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
I once had to take a 1050 EUROS ticket HEL-VIE. In Y!
Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: AY+, HH Gold
I took AY1342 last night and had some sort of herring mousse for starters and a beef stew for mains. This was served in a plastic container, which said it was beef with cantharelle sauce. However, when I opened it, a very stong cabbage smell came out. No mushrooms anywhere.

The beef was really chewy and the cabbage had a really strange taste (there was also mashed potatoes, which was good). I'm normally not very picky, but this was so terrible I couldn't finish it. Luckily I had eaten at the lounge so I continued with a more liquid based diet.

Dessert was 6 pcs of chocolate so I guess that was an enhancement X)

My return trip is in a few days - the upside is that it can't get any worse!
Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Eyrie
My return trip is in a few days - the upside is that it can't get any worse!
Well, they can now cut on the chocolates. 😂
Eyrie likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:53 am

A few months ago.... CDG-HEL Certainly edible.....if not particularly memorable! Service however was very, very attentive.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:59 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Service makes up for many of the "hard product" flaws. Traveling in SH J is almost always a hit or a miss as for the most part the experience is all about the cabin crew that is sometimes really, really good and other times can be extremely indifferent.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 5:06 am

Is it possible to prereserve a regular Euro-J meal? Aren't they supposed to have two choices nowadays?

When I go to MMB, there's only a long list of special meals, and clicking on the two links provided only yields a generic description of the service provided, no main courses. The dropdown menu won't give any Option 1 etc either. The flight is MAD-HEL.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 11:30 pm

Programs: AY+, HH Gold

Originally Posted by Jainzar
Well, they can now cut on the chocolates. 😂
They did! But replaced them with an apple pie

On yesterday's AY 1335 we had a choice between mushroom ravioli or cabbage rolls. I took the former, and they were fairly ok! Usually pasta dishes get mushy when reheated, but this was not too bad, and the fillings and sauce was actually quite good. The starter was prawns with parmesan and some sort of mousse with dill.

The tin foil cover was removed by the purser before serving ^
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Eyrie

They did! But replaced them with an apple pie

On yesterday's AY 1335 we had a choice between mushroom ravioli or cabbage rolls. I took the former, and they were fairly ok! Usually pasta dishes get mushy when reheated, but this was not too bad, and the fillings and sauce was actually quite good. The starter was prawns with parmesan and some sort of mousse with dill.

The tin foil cover was removed by the purser before serving ^
I had the same mushroom ravioli back in November on the LHR-HEL route (AY1332) and it was really good.

I wonder if they'll serve the same on the 30th on AY1332.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
no more microwave boxes on ay1341 yesterday
florens and cistavoda like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.