Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by haapalainen
Had the microwave style main course on LHR-HEL today. It tasted ok (chicken or roast beef) but the presentation was definately not business class. And no dessert, just three pieces of Fazer chocolate.
The chocolate „dessert“ has been there for a while I think. Not sure if it is related to these issues. I rather think it is an „enhancement“.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:56 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by r2d2
So it seems that bringing Business Class meals to Y will be implemented by ”enhancing” the J meals to Y level
Noticed that yesterday onboard AY1331 A359 1A. Choice of two meals were offered first to platskus - warm or cold it was. Warm consisted of a small omelette, spinach, and fried potato cubes in a cardboard box, yogurt, and slices of fruit in a plastic box. Bread and drink offers were more regular ones and drinks were served from Ultima Thule glasses, not plastic cups.

Hope that this is temporary only. Pre-flight breakfast/lunch/dinner in lounge becomes even more important otherwise.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
I have so far complained every time I face the famous triangle of Fazer chocolates to Plat CS. I urge you to do the same, maybe they'll listen at some point (or when they will run out of budjet to provide gift cards / points to us )
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Noppasit
Do they still handing out a paper menu on LHR-HEL flights?
Last night no. Two options, chicken or roastbeef - straight from the microwave oven, with top plastic attached.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:23 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Are these microwave meals yet another enhancing or related to something else? Has anyone tried seat and meal package? How are the meals?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:41 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Last night no. Two options, chicken or roastbeef - straight from the microwave oven, with top plastic attached.
Same on ZRH - HEL the other day (with top plastic attached as well but not coming back to ZRH) and no menu either (nor were we told what the serving consisted off).
I had the chicken as my partner chose beef (to compare) and neither were really bad but neither where they anything but really good...
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
They haven't for a while now, as Jainzar noted upthread. This isn't related to the catering issues.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by finhub
Ohh, I see. I wasn't aware they had some negotiations going on.
I already wrote some feedback to AY. We'll see what they answer.
No answer yet? I was offered a 80€ credit towards future flight.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / OWE
Originally Posted by tsastor
No answer yet? I was offered a 80€ credit towards future flight.
Sorry for the late reply.
I got immediately 10K points to my account (pretty fast reply as usual, day after I sent my feedback). After replying back not feeling happy with that, they offered some more. It took pretty long to get the second reply though.
I could choose 5K more points, 60€ cash or 80€ voucher. I took the 80€ voucher.
tsastor likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
For the first time I was happy to have ordered a special meal: it was served on real china and the tray even contained carrot cake as a dessert! Others had the plastic containers and 3 Fazer chocolates.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by lkrt
For the first time I was happy to have ordered a special meal: it was served on real china and the tray even contained carrot cake as a dessert! Others had the plastic containers and 3 Fazer chocolates.
Which special meal was it, and what did you get as main course?
Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat

VLML. Again not quite sure what it was.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:54 am

Sorry for the late reply.
I got immediately 10K points to my account (pretty fast reply as usual, day after I sent my feedback). After replying back not feeling happy with that, they offered some more. It took pretty long to get the second reply though.
I could choose 5K more points, 60€ cash or 80€ voucher. I took the 80€ voucher.
Lucky you! I asked to get my points back as well and was told I could ger either the points OR the voucher. I had an intra-Nordic flight, but still... Anyway, instead of continuing arguing, I took the voucher.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / OWE
Originally Posted by tsastor

Lucky you! I asked to get my points back as well and was told I could ger either the points OR the voucher. I had an intra-Nordic flight, but still... Anyway, instead of continuing arguing, I took the voucher.
I would have been happy with the 10K if I'd upgraded, but in this case it was just normal revenue booking. That's why I wasn't happy with the first offer.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:08 pm

I would have been happy with the 10K if I'd upgraded, but in this case it was just normal revenue booking. That's why I wasn't happy with the first offer.
Ah, ok, in that case I agree it was right that you got a better compensation!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.