Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
Similarly to above, I did London-Helsinki on Thursday and had an identical meal to what finnishlad lad. Not bad but having eaten in the CX F lounge beforehand, it was underwhelming in comparison. The service was okay: top-ups weren't offered very eagerly. Also, after I was served red wine and started drinking it, I was told to put my mask back on. I'm assuming they wanted me to have it off only when sipping, which was a first for me in AY J...

LHR-HEL J
Old Feb 20, 2022, 3:50 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
I was allowed to be without mask when I had drinks, so most of the flight
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 5:17 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by GaryK84
Similarly to above, I did London-Helsinki on Thursday and had an identical meal to what finnishlad lad. Not bad but having eaten in the CX F lounge beforehand, it was underwhelming in comparison. The service was okay: top-ups weren't offered very eagerly. Also, after I was served red wine and started drinking it, I was told to put my mask back on. I'm assuming they wanted me to have it off only when sipping, which was a first for me in AY J...

LHR-HEL J
Not sure if AY trains them to be very policing, or if just some FAs are very policing, but they ARE. All my last monhts flights have been so, seen FAs making rounds in cabin just to check everybodys masks, and checking deep and properly. No nose-fakings! For me it is silly, I would rather see them do more important stuff like servicing instead of policing.
Kelju, Purjelentaja and PJS Taylor like this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by GaryK84
Also, after I was served red wine and started drinking it, I was told to put my mask back on. I'm assuming they wanted me to have it off only when sipping, which was a first for me in AY J...
Jebus, they don't have anything better to do than policing the rule to the utmost? And anyway: what is that maximal mask wearing going to help? Yeah, I really don't look forward to my upcoming AY flights in C. I bet it will be tedious to be thinking about raising my mask back ASAP after every single sip of my G&T and what not.

If I would be you, I would send a written feedback on the AY website. That's really excessive.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 5:51 am

Wrong thread…

Last edited by FFlash; Feb 20, 2022 at 6:51 am
Old Feb 20, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Jebus, they don't have anything better to do than policing the rule to the utmost? And anyway: what is that maximal mask wearing going to help? Yeah, I really don't look forward to my upcoming AY flights in C. I bet it will be tedious to be thinking about raising my mask back ASAP after every single sip of my G&T and what not.

If I would be you, I would send a written feedback on the AY website. That's really excessive.

My last trip to lax in at j was quite the opposite, and to be fair I am quite the liquid diet guy on planes especially with ays current food standard 😃😃🤷‍♂️ I guess its hit and miss.

Only on LH and UA have I been told I cant drink so slowly so I took their advice and drank more... in afterthought perhaps not what they intended or meant 🤣🤣🤣
Old Feb 20, 2022, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I asked last week on Norra, how long they're going to keep the mask theater, now that other Nordic airlines stopped it. First answer "it's the authorities that require it" to which I just said, "älä viitsi". She came around later, saying that it's actually just company policy, nothing to do with authorities. She was a biatch during the whole flight policing masks - if she had put half the effort into actual service... Why lie in the first place?

On the return (mainline) flight they didn't police actively. The purser actually came by, thanked for being a plat customer and told me if I have any wish, just tell her. Wow, so it's NOT in the genes or corporate culture.
ffay005 and Flying Yazata like this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seeing the meal pictures here, I won't waste 10k on a Europe upgrade on narrow bodies. I'll just keep taking the exit seat and the weird champagne.

On the A359 it might be worth it due to the hard product.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I asked last week on Norra, how long they're going to keep the mask theater, now that other Nordic airlines stopped it.
I havent heard.this.

Which airlines stopped mask theater?
Old Feb 20, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
I havent heard.this.

I heard SAS stopped it.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by lento
I heard SAS stopped it.
they stopped it then brought it back and I guess not stopped it again 🤣
Old Feb 20, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
"To ensure safety and well-being, it is mandatory for all travelers from the age of 6 years to wear face masks, that covers both mouth and nose when traveling outside of Scandinavia." (From the SAS website)

Sometimes I wish Finland would actually be part of Scandinavia...
FFlash likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by kauppias
My last trip to lax in at j was quite the opposite, and to be fair I am quite the liquid diet guy on planes especially with ays current food standard
We should actually promote responsible intake of alcohol on flights now. Raw 40% vodka shots, Ostrobothnia (Pohjanmaa) style, to combat viral loads in the oral tract/cavity.
cistavoda, Steve_Hun and kauppias like this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
I havent heard.this.

SAS on domestic scan or intra scandinavia. As well Norway and Sweden airports no masks, but Copenhagen still like requesting them
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

>>forget it<<

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.