Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
For the past 3 months or so I have always been offered the exact same two options on the AMS-HEL route (about 6 flights total...)

-Beef and pea mash
-Salmon lasagna

I wonder: how often do they change the shorthaul menu? I'm definitey not going to change to a vegan or glutenfree meal or so and end up with something super bland.
Old May 8, 2019, 2:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
For the past 3 months or so I have always been offered the exact same two options on the AMS-HEL route (about 6 flights total...)

-Beef and pea mash
-Salmon lasagna

I wonder: how often do they change the shorthaul menu? I'm definitey not going to change to a vegan or glutenfree meal or so and end up with something super bland.
Vegan meals are not super bland.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by florens

Vegan meals are not super bland.
I've tried a special meal only once in Euro J. What I ordered was a gluten free meal, but the meal was suited for, like, everybody. Among other things, it was vegan. And it was superbland, up to the point where I actually didn't eat the main course, only tasted it. I think it's the only time I've accepted the meal tray and then haven't eaten the main course.

However, this is not a rant. If I was running AY, this is exactly what I would do – make those special meals so terrible that no one orders them unless they absolutely have to. Huge money savings compared to many/most J pax making up dietary restrictions for the flight just to get better, and a lot more expensive, food. (And I do feel sorry for that celiac person who actually needs a special meal, but not so for someone who themselves have chosen to follow some special diet out of will rather than medical necessity.)
Old May 8, 2019, 11:41 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
The other day I had HEL-ARN J special business class fruit platter. It was grapes, a couple of dried dates and apricots. FA gave me an extra rye bread cos he felt sorry for me.

EuroFlash likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
That fruit platter really looks ghastly. Also the presentation is an abomination.
orbitmic likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 3:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kanamurva
The other day I had HEL-ARN J special business class fruit platter. It was grapes, a couple of dried dates and apricots. FA gave me an extra rye bread cos he felt sorry for me.

Is that a fruit platter or a bag of grapes from the grocery store still in the bag?
orbitmic likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: AY+
Had this the other day on CPH-HEL. Roast beef starter, and chicken with risotto as main I believe. Some kind of cheesecake for desert. Really nice, one of the better SH business class meals I've had so far.
ffay005 likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
C meal on a 44 minutes flight today - think HEL-ARN. Hot towels and pre-flight drinks not photographed, champers on the armrest table, outside the frame

(actually IST-OTP, which is 25km longer than HEL-ARN. Some with sharp eyes will note the leg-room. Yes, this route is flown twice daily with A333s - there were 11 C pax + 2 dead-heading crew taken care of by 3 FAs)
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: LH SEN
Many posts praising how AY C catering has improved. Geez guys you are easy to please!

AY1331 16JUN
intuition likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:24 am

Black tea is now made of special Finnair blend (by Nordqvist) and green tea is available on request.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
GOT-HEL 0850d, VGML.

Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by esledo
Many posts praising how AY C catering has improved. Geez guys you are easy to please!

AY1331 16JUN
I think the only airline breakfast I've ever been satisfied with was a warm apple strudel with vanilla sauce on HEL-SIN many years ago.

An omelette should be served right away, not after 15 minutes and certainly not after 15 hours. It just doesn't work, and it's impossible to make it work.

But SH lunch/dinner catering has improved.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive

AY1331 16JUN
I'm surprised you even got real glasses. Considering the tray content, I'd expect standard plastic cups. Supposedly, you were just unlucky, but what you received definitely is a joke.
esledo likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle

Haha, I at least recently had a proper china plate for the breakfast dish. It's so cheap to serve it from that package. Unlike you, I didn't open the Apetit fruit box for the picture, because it would've skewed the feeling you have upon receing the tray. But sure, it's still better than any/most shorthaul AA breakfasts I've had.

I can't be without smirking at the lonely, sole piece of broccoli. Looks like a destitute orphan to me.

Last edited by Flying Yazata; Jun 18, 2019 at 4:07 am
Old Jun 18, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Fazer Sininen is back. What happend to the dessert?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.