Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:10 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by fakecd
i...
i am pretty impresed with AY meal for intra EU based on my limited exprience... you regular might moan about low quality but trust me they are doing the right thing. grass is always greener on other side but AY deserves merit for their work....
You are right and they do.
I am kind of a nitpick, always looking for room for improvement. And I liked these two meals aswell.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Another one for Finnair's "simple but tasty". MXP-HEL in July. The usual fish puree starter on the left and blueberry pie dessert on top left, but the main dish of meatball and spaghetti was extremely tasty. Would eat again/10.

Spaghetti and meatballs
royng and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
ZRH-HEL on July 27. Flight attendants simply described it as "pork". With potatoes and beans and a slice of beef appetizer. But it tasted good, and the texture was just right as well. So far this year, Finnair gets a clear thumbs up from me for their European J catering. I won't eat much in the lounge before and evening flight, and will not be hungry once I land at the destination late evening.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
That small A6 menu card would do wonders...
jp_fin likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by ffay005
That small A6 menu card would do wonders...
I agree, although, with the wifi system being installed into narrow-body fleet, I'd hope they offer the menu in electronic form. Sufficient for me.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
Another one for Finnair's "simple but tasty". MXP-HEL in July. The usual fish puree starter on the left and blueberry pie dessert on top left, but the main dish of meatball and spaghetti was extremely tasty. Would eat again/10.

Spaghetti and meatballs
Exact this was available on AY 1124 on Thurs, but you have a second choice for the main, chicken with vegetables - both a vary good. Better then most of the offerings in the last years when flying out of TXL. That I had the choice of two mains was really good. Wifi on the narrow body was a nice surprise. Also food on the LH was better then on my last flights.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
Breakfast on CPH-HEL
A new variation for me with small piece chicken filet. Rösti was delicious.

Some oddities on the service. There was only 1 row of business, purser choose to prioritize the CX silver that got op-up to 1D. Coffee, tea was served before drinks.
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Hah I had that main with rosti on BKK-HEL economy class... was pretty good

Breakfast on HEL - BKK in J - was pretty good.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: QF
I'm wondering where I can find what is served on flights. I don't mean the menu, but whether a meal is served, for example, or only a snack. I'm thinking of AY1201 HEL-LJU, which leaves at 16:50, and AY1434 TXL-HEL, which leaves at 13:15. Both in J, if that matters.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by sstanleyau
I'm wondering where I can find what is served on flights. I don't mean the menu, but whether a meal is served, for example, or only a snack. I'm thinking of AY1201 HEL-LJU, which leaves at 16:50, and AY1434 TXL-HEL, which leaves at 13:15. Both in J, if that matters.
On both flights you will get a warm full meal. I don t know if they will give you a choice buts thats something which is more and ore common on flights like this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by Ed Size
On both flights you will get a warm full meal.
Thank you.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 4:00 am

This was on AY1224 - slow cooked beef with mesh and vegies. The salmon was Sashimi style on Wasabi Potato salad. Second choice was chicken. Is it normal these days that you have the choice of two mains on european flights?

AY 1224 evening flight

Old Aug 15, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Is it normal these days that you have the choice of two mains on european flights?
Yep!
ffay005 and Ed Size like this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by cistavoda
Yep!
When did they changed that? On May 3rd there was only on meal on HEL - TXL. And I never had another experience ex TXL. Does it depend on the route or on the operator? Anyhow if this is standard these days it is a very good change.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS) TK Elite (*G)
Simple question: what is usually served in J on hel-arn route? I have 3 legs coming up in a few weeks, all of them in J and all in the afternoon 14.00-17.00.

/tuvv
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Definitely nothing to write home about. A plastic wrapped small sandwich and your choice of beverage.
napapiiri likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.