Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 1:42 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
OK, will collect any Godivas that comes my way and hand them out at next AY DO.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:24 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Had a pleasant surprise yesterday flying WAW-HEL. No more baked potato crap. Instead they had this thing with game and chicken*. Not bad for a short short haul.

*Like we all know, everything tastes like chicken.
Sealink likes this.
Old May 9, 2015, 5:09 am

On a flight of a similar lenght the deal was a warm focciacca bread on rucola leaves. Pretty sad. And yes, the Godiva chocolate was back. There were two knives, but don't know what the second knife was for.
Old May 9, 2015, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Any ideas whether special meals undergo the same de-substantiation on these short SH flights in J?
Old May 9, 2015, 7:13 am

The short-haul special meal question is really interesting. Dies any one know. A couple of years ago one could order seafood meal by email (not directly via web). The label showed that it was a long-haul sea-food main course.
Old May 9, 2015, 7:15 am

I'll be doing a return to OSL in a couple weeks, I'll give it a go.
Old May 9, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by nordic
The short-haul special meal question is really interesting. Dies any one know. A couple of years ago one could order seafood meal by email (not directly via web). The label showed that it was a long-haul sea-food main course.
Could the SFML be a way to get some Finnish/Scandinavian food on the plate as all the "normal" shorthaul business dishes seem to be generic European or even Asian fare?
Old May 9, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
making of airplane meals by LSG (in Helsinki so the video is in Finnish) ;

http://www.makuja.fi/artikkelit/5068...entokoneruoka/

"--Tällä hetkellä esimerkiksi riistalihapullia Euroopan lentojen bisnesluokassa yhdessä rotaatiossa. --"

translation: "One option in sh-J is game meatballs". Hope to see them on my the plate when flying to MAD at the end of this month.
Old May 20, 2015, 3:09 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
what kind of meals are there currently in European routes?
Please post your recent experiences, thänks!
Old May 20, 2015, 3:20 am

In April, there was a ham and pesto starter and a mascarpone and lime ravioli main ex-EUR. Ex-HEL I think there was an Asian rice and beef curry-ish dish as a main, some beetroot kind of starter if I'm not mistaken.

I'll be flying this weekend, so will be able to inform more recent meals if there have been changes, unless you're flying before then of course.
Old May 20, 2015, 5:02 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Here is my recent experience:

Ex-AMS: Wild duck pate, meatballs with mashed potatoes, beetroot and savoy cabbage, piece of some inedible cake (best before date was in June).

Ex-BUD: Bruschetta with tomato and parmesan, chicken breast with cheese and lemon sauce, German dumplings and braised tomatoes, Godiva pralines.

Ex-BRU: Wild duck pate, meatballs with mashed potatoes, beetroot and savoy cabbage, Godiva pralines.

Breakfast ex-HEL has lately been the same: omelette, bratwurst, creamy spinach, youghurt, fruit salad, selection of breads and croissants, apricot jam, and butter.
Old May 20, 2015, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Here is my recent experience:
... , piece of some inedible cake (best before date was in June).
Please give feedback. It may some time, but eventually the light listen. We got rid of the envelope amenity bags. Many of the pursers have said that this etapper-in-plastic dessert does not belong to business class.
Old May 20, 2015, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Breakfast ex-HEL has lately been the same: omelette, bratwurst, creamy spinach, youghurt, fruit salad, selection of breads and croissants, apricot jam, and butter.
Lately??

It's good to see that Godiva is back ^
Old May 20, 2015, 6:35 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
HEL-ARN (only ~40min flt) has become very basic. A sandwich with normal short haul J-class drinks (also wines, beer, champagne), though not exactly the same as served for a fee in Y, but very close. No godivas, just the sandwich handed out, not even served on a tray. Very very basic, I would say, miss the snacks they used to serve earlier. But have to admit, the sandwiches are quite good.
Old May 20, 2015, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
what kind of meals are there currently in European routes?
Please post your recent experiences, thänks!
From last week:
HEL-LON
Cold smoked salmon and potato salad with curdled cream
Roasted guinea fowl breast, tarragon aioli and mashed potatoes
Tiramisu

LON-HEL
Cold smoked beef, lentils and mayonnaise with parsley
Tortellinis filled with spinach, tomatoes and mozzarella
Godiva chocolate prallines

Outbound the meal was good, even the tiramisu went down okay with champagne. Inbound not so good. Especially the tortellinis were pretty awful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.