Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by finnishlad

Lasagne and savustettuja muikkuja
Originally Posted by LoungeEnthusiast
I would wholeheartedly welcome that lasagna over the rubbish we have been served during recent times.
+1. lasagne is easily good and smoked muikku always good.
Old May 29, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
Another review
https://www.turningleftforless.com/f...-class-review/
Old May 29, 2022, 7:30 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
HEL-CPH today. Before boarding mini-me told me "we will get a really nice salad onboard", so I guess I am the old negative fart in the party. Anyway, she was right, as it was not mystery-meat. Instead presented as chicken salad. Tender and well tasing chicken, below the leaves were actually some potatoe-salad.
There were a bit much of the raw-food-elements to my taste, but the best shorthaul meal I've had in the few flights I've taken this year.

But hey, what is that in the background?!

JP was back.

This totally ruined my day. I had prepared a "insta-moment". I found out the perfect workaround to get JP on a AY flight, and was going to show off. You spend 20€ and add it to your reservation at noon day before, and JP is delivered to you as a pre-departure drink!

Could have been a nice picture with a full size JP together with the mystery salad meal, right?
(Yes, fully aware you can't drink "tax-free" bottles onboard, but here in the influencer world, the only important thing is the look of things, not what actually transpired on the flight, hehe!)

Well, JP and friends could stay in bag and my arms were very long when I finally got home.
NoWindowSeat, vulle, Kelju and 7 others like this.
Old May 31, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: finnair plus platinum
Helsinki-London

strx likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by finnishlad

So we have new tableware but food is still the same old shrimp pasta and champagne has been enhanced to catpiss. Disgusting.
intuition likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
There is a new dessert, as well. Tasty?
Old May 31, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ffay005
There is a new dessert, as well. Tasty?
I had that exact same dessert recently. It's ok but not sumptuous.
ffay005 likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 11:48 pm

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Not too impressive, BER - HEL in the morning.

Could not finish it.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 12:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Sustainable fruit packaging.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Ed Size
Not too impressive, BER - HEL in the morning.

Could not finish it.
Spilled my coffee. This outrageous set is beyond me, althou I have never expected much in air as I know it will anyway not be fine dining, but this is a bottom record in J.
No freaking way. Pls offer nothing instead and save the planet from waste.

That sustainable packed fruit, whats the point with the packing? Looks appalling, why not use plate?
That Valio yoghurt, why not replace it with Pirkka if you want make savings or remove it? Dont think Valio will give that J feeling to it, the mere presentation with that can destroys already the J atmosphere.
And cheapest looking bread? And cheese and ham plate? Looks so bad in all ways and in fact more costly, it would look even better to just serve some nice sandwich which is I bet more cost efficient too.
Finally that glass which looks very odd and lonely lost boy just like Halla-Aho at Center Partys annual meeting
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:14 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
This is also served on CPH-HEL, so I would assume most routes under 2h (3h?) now has this mini-breakfast.
Fun fact, it is very similar to what you get as breakfast on swedish trains, included in tickets starting at 20€. Minus the "fancy" tableware, of course.
Purjelentaja likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:17 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by intuition
Fun fact, it is very similar to what you get as breakfast on swedish trains, included in tickets starting at 20€. Minus the "fancy" tableware, of course.
Now I want to see VR implement breakfast on Finnish trains so we can laugh at their version.
ffay005, intuition and FFlash like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:37 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by intuition
This is also served on CPH-HEL, so I would assume most routes under 2h (3h?) now has this mini-breakfast.
Same also HEL-AMS.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by cistavoda
Now I want to see VR implement breakfast on Finnish trains so we can laugh at their version.
Don’t say!

VR J ticket gets you coffee nowadays so I bet their service improvement would be to offer a Kantolan Korppu as a side.

Y is the only right way on VR, just for the fact that always ”päivä pelastuu, kun bisnesluokasta ulos astuva mulcku kompastuu” thanks to Ismo
Old Jun 1, 2022, 4:55 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
I’m clearly in the minority here but actually I don’t mind such basic/cold breakfast at all. YMMW obviously but I take yogorth/musli/cold cuts any day over some semiwarm waterly egg-saugage thing. But then again I guess the point you guys have is to have all that + the eggy ”hot” plate in addition..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.