Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bidding for biz seats

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:31 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
I had a successful bid for HEL-ICN in April, the bid was EUR 315 if I remember correctly.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I'd consider it a good price.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:05 am

Latest bidding info

Hello there

Interested in upgrading to business from Economy comfort on the way back from Bkk to Man. Is the option to bid always available? On average what sort of bid can secure this upgrade and if there 2 x of us does this complicate things?

Many thanks
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:16 am

Do anyone know if you purchase a flight on expedia if you can also still upgrade you booking on the finnair website?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by rsydney
Do anyone know if you purchase a flight on expedia if you can also still upgrade you booking on the finnair website?
Yes, you can (as long as it is on AY code).
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: AY+, EVA, SPG/Marriot
I wonder why they changed minimum bid from Shanghai flights?. I remember bidding HEL-PVG and PVG-HEL for 300e and even winning one or two times.. Then they changed minimum bid to be ~550e or so..
(which is usually same than price that you can buy upgrade at gate (if they have availability), so it really doesn't make any sense to bid..

Anyone has idea why they raised minimum bidding value? Could it be that class is always at maximum capacity and cheaper bids are not viable.. or because I have almost always seen asians at gate who want buy upgrade.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I'd assume PVG is one of the J heavy routes, so there won't be much of an incentive for AY to sell cheap upgrades if they can fill the cabin with J-ticketed pax.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Yeah, in my experience, upgrades to/from PVG are on the expensive side, if they are at all available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.