Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Forgive me, I have started at the end of this thread and worked backwards as best I could

I have a 7 hour 20 minute layover in mid-July. Flying JFK-HEL-BKK (arriving 1010, departing 1730) on a paid business class ticket, however I have NO OneWorld status whatsoever. My understanding is that I'll have access to the regular business class lounge, but will NOT have access to the Platinum Wing (if its even opened by then). I do have PriorityPass, so I could get into Plaza Premium which should be open by then.

I see the AY Business Class lounge has lockers for bag storage. Is there a charge for this? The HEL airport website shows they offer lockers starting from 5€ per H24 which isn't a bad deal, but if I could ditch the bags for free in the AY J lounge and go into town for the afternoon, I might do that. I've been to Helsinki a few times before though, and am not really sure what I'd see / do on a layover that I haven't done already. Maybe go to Suomenlinna and ride bikes, but I'd want to make sure I can grab a shower prior to the BKK flight, and it sounds like I'd have to use one of the Priority Pass lounges to do that.

I guess I have 2+ months to mull it over. 7 hours in an OK lounge with OK food offerings doesn't sound too thrilling, but sometimes its nice to not be subjected to passport checks and security re-screening again and again, and thats what would happen if I ventured into Helsinki proper. decisions!
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:22 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer
Forgive me, I have started at the end of this thread and worked backwards as best I could

I have a 7 hour 20 minute layover in mid-July. Flying JFK-HEL-BKK (arriving 1010, departing 1730) on a paid business class ticket, however I have NO OneWorld status whatsoever. My understanding is that I'll have access to the regular business class lounge, but will NOT have access to the Platinum Wing (if its even opened by then). I do have PriorityPass, so I could get into Plaza Premium which should be open by then.

I see the AY Business Class lounge has lockers for bag storage. Is there a charge for this? The HEL airport website shows they offer lockers starting from 5€ per H24 which isn't a bad deal, but if I could ditch the bags for free in the AY J lounge and go into town for the afternoon, I might do that. I've been to Helsinki a few times before though, and am not really sure what I'd see / do on a layover that I haven't done already. Maybe go to Suomenlinna and ride bikes, but I'd want to make sure I can grab a shower prior to the BKK flight, and it sounds like I'd have to use one of the Priority Pass lounges to do that.

I guess I have 2+ months to mull it over. 7 hours in an OK lounge with OK food offerings doesn't sound too thrilling, but sometimes its nice to not be subjected to passport checks and security re-screening again and again, and thats what would happen if I ventured into Helsinki proper. decisions!
There's no charge for the lockers.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:23 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Lounge Key, Accor basic, AY basic, HHonors Diamond

You’ll have access to J lounges, both schengen and non-schengen.

There is no charge for lockers.

Schengen lounge has two showers, usually there is no waiting even if lounge was busy.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
good deal, kiitos paljon to you both for the quick replies!
Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
to not be subjected to passport checks
Note that if heading the to the Schengen lounge you'll need to pass both entry and exit immigration.
Old May 3, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK *A Gold
The Amex NYT app mentioned that the Plaza Premium lounge opens today. Couldn’t find info anywhere else though.
FFlash likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Akkku
The Amex NYT app mentioned that the Plaza Premium lounge opens today. Couldn’t find info anywhere else though.
got same.

Mind I try it today. If it still works to get through passport control with schengen BP just saying ”going to London” and come back then.
Old May 3, 2019, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by FFlash

Mind I try it today. If it still works to get through passport control with schengen BP just saying ”going to London” and come back then.
I always use "Postilaatikolle" as the only mail box is in the non-schengen area.
remymartin likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive

got same.

You can go through the automatic machines which have never asked me about the destination Unfortunately, the only time I tried it to get to the Premium Lounge, the lounge dragon sent me back to Schengen and mentioned that it was even disallowed to proceed to that non-Schengen area with a Schengen BP. I think if it was disallowed, it would have been observed, but at the same point, since there was no chance to visit the better lounge, I have never tried it again.
Old May 3, 2019, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by on22cz
You can go through the automatic machines which have never asked me about the destination Unfortunately, the only time I tried it to get to the Premium Lounge, the lounge dragon sent me back to Schengen and mentioned that it was even disallowed to proceed to that non-Schengen area with a Schengen BP. I think if it was disallowed, it would have been observed, but at the same point, since there was no chance to visit the better lounge, I have never tried it again.
Automatic machines did not let me back to Schengen area when I used them.
Old May 3, 2019, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by Lauri_fly
I always use "Postilaatikolle" as the only mail box is in the non-schengen area.
thanks! Really?
I willtry this today and report back
Old May 3, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Lauri_fly
Isn't there a mailbox somewhere between gates 25 and 26?
Old May 3, 2019, 7:02 am

thanks! Really?
I willtry this today and report back
Darn. HEL was Hell so I got hurry and did not go there to jeopardize my flight. Well next week then.
Old May 3, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo

I went ahead and tried to enter anyway. Looked 99% complete and plenty of staff bringing in furniture etc. so it looks like the Plaza Premium might open tonight!
FFlash likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by cistavoda

I went ahead and tried to enter anyway. Looked 99% complete and plenty of staff bringing in furniture etc. so it looks like the Plaza Premium might open tonight!
cocacola party?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.