Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Usually, marketing and communications departments know the least.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:16 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Not really I put an extra long layover on my flight at the 29th to have some time in the lounge - this sucks big way.

They still promoting the 26th of March as the opening date. So I wonder who knows better, - the dragon or the marketing dept..
Based on AY's ability to update information, I'd say the dragon knows better. If nothing else, they are around the workers.
If it's not ready by your flight date, I'd demand free change to shorter connection. If you explain, they should admit their fault and comply.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by on22cz;30922983[left
If it's not ready by your flight date, I'd demand free change to shorter connection. If you explain, they should admit their fault and comply.[/left]
Yeah thats what I gonna try, once I have the confirmation that the lounge is not open. The later flight is total empty in J so it can work.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
On Thursday March 21, I got the same response from the dragon. Lounge is not opening on March 26. This is due to delays in the construction and the dragon did not know how long the dly is...
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Am here right now, only the J lounge open Asking at the front desk, they have no expected opening date. At least not one that they are willing to share.

First time in the J lounge. Is that really going to be big enough once the reopen the premium side? Or will it always be overcrowded.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Got the email Monday, lounge opening is delayed

"FINNAIR PLATINUM WING LOUNGE OPENING POSTPONED

Due to an unexpected delay of the renovation, the new Finnair Platinum Wing lounge and showers as well as the quick coffee area in Finnair Business Lounge will not be opened on 26 March as communicated before. The renewal of the non-Schengen lounge area will be completed gradually by summer 2019 and the new opening date will be informed later on. Thank you for your patience – we cannot wait to welcome you to enjoy the new Finnair Platinum Wing Lounge as soon as possible!"
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
How does all this works? It seems there is no communication within Finnair departments - german website still promote March 26th as the opening date. Does communications dept. not oversees all of the AY websites? I mean somebody in there must give instructions to the international departments or am I wrong?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:56 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Ed Size
How does all this works? It seems there is no communication within Finnair departments - german website still promote March 26th as the opening date. Does communications dept. not oversees all of the AY websites? I mean somebody in there must give instructions to the international departments or am I wrong?
Norwegian website also not yet updated, still promoting March 26th for Platinum Wing, parts of Biz lounge, sauna, showers.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:57 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Perhaps a "Ist platinum wing schon fertig" site is in order?
ffay005, Steve_Hun and Superrman like this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
No news is no news, overall I would assume that there are two most likely scenarios:
1. Total mess/huge quality issue, leading to more extensive redesign hence opening of PW being delayed months, but likely still within the "June" DL
2. Day-to-day mess, so that no direct dates can not be issued yet but everybody just hopes that clear opening day could be announced with few days of buffer (LAX inaugural might be already lost cause or still internal target for non-public opening, I would assume the intention was to have PW opened before that so that they could then host the VIP's there).

Anything in between, or current limbo continuing longer than next week is more or less failure of project management and communication skills.
vulle likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:09 am

I had an 2 8 hour layovers in mid March. Have PP and Emerald status. I walked the terminal quite slowly. I checked my bag in the lockers at the Finnair lounge, spent most of my time in the in the @almosthome lounge. Can also recommend Tiger Sushi. Have fun
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Any news on Plaza Premium? Their site still says opening March (2019).
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
I was about the 4th person in to the Business Class Lounge on Saturday which - at 8:30am on a Saturday morning - is an OK space. I was obviously aware that the Premium Lounge opening had been delayed and that this would be my lot, so was prepared for a standard Business offering.

What I could not comprehend - for an airline that is spruiking itself as a long haul alternative - was the complete lack of showers. Coming off AY6 I heard at least one passenger discussing connecting immediately in to a Hong Kong flight, so not all Long Haul destination traffic originates "locally". Maybe I'm used to being spoilt but I am used to even the most basic QF Domestic Lounge having showers; let alone Domestic or International Business Lounges. At least one of the other 4 also asked the guy at the desk where the showers were located ...

Is this something that's planned to be rectified once the Premium Lounge has been opened?

Regards,

BD
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by BD1959
Is this something that's planned to be rectified once the Premium Lounge has been opened?
Yeah. There were showers before the renovation and there will be after it completes.
BD1959 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK *A Gold
Originally Posted by remymartin
Any news on Plaza Premium? Their site still says opening March (2019).
Only thing I heard from an airport employee was "after Easter" but that didn't sound too convincing. 😅

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.