Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
Originally Posted by Gobber
Anyone out there, show me the money! i.e. photos of the new facilities.
I believe there's nothing new as of today, except for the fact that kitchen is open so food options are better.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:10 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by aama
I believe there's nothing new as of today, except for the fact that kitchen is open so food options are better.
Which is a huge improvement.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:17 am

Programs: Amex Plat
Anyone can share the current food selection in the morning, daytime or evening? Or all as it was before?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Im here now. Breakfast was omelet, meatballs, Finnish pastry, cold cuts/cheese/berries/salad. Smoothie of the day, desserts. Lunch hasn't been put out. It's a mix of paper bowls and inflight catering china. Marimekko mugs are back.
SPBanker and FFlash like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Im here now. Breakfast was omelet, meatballs, Finnish pastry, cold cuts/cheese/berries/salad. Smoothie of the day, desserts. Lunch hasn't been put out. It's a mix of paper bowls and inflight catering china. Marimekko mugs are back.
sounds not very premium still.

Will be there tomorrow and report
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by FFlash

sounds not very premium still.

Will be there tomorrow and report
make sure to take some pictures for us!
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
To my understanding the premium lounge is NOT open yet. The only difference to the non-Schengen side is that they now have the kitchen back, thus can serve warm dishes with proper china and cutlery.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
To my understanding the premium lounge is NOT open yet. The only difference to the non-Schengen side is that they now have the kitchen back, thus can serve warm dishes with proper china and cutlery.
Yes, sorry, I was talking about the main lounge since that's the only option at the moment. Lunch was decent when it opened with a few salads and hot dishes.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by EuroFlash

make sure to take some pictures for us!
I did not bother taking pics. Same room, same (meeh) stuff, worse than Schengen lounge, but now the plastics were out and china in, just tlike others posted

Premium side on-time, opening 26th said the agent.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:15 am

I was there on March 13 arrived at 0800. Sorry no pics. What I found interesting was the main hot dish being served was chili con carne....not exactly flight food! Thanks to all who replied to my earlier query.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
I will have the chance to visit the new lounge on the 29th, and I have the choice of two flights - the first one will give me 1,5 hours more in the "Platinum Wing"- what do you guys think is it worth the extra time? I don t like lounges that much, but if they are really premium I enjoy them. What would you guys do?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Longer connection so that you have more time to report here all the news from the lounge. Thank you! :-)

Old Mar 17, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fish3d
I was there on March 13 arrived at 0800. Sorry no pics. What I found interesting was the main hot dish being served was chili con carne....not exactly flight food! Thanks to all who replied to my earlier query.
With or without beans?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, EBG, FB Blue, Asante Platinum, AB Exec
Lounge access

Hey! Flying BA tomorrow to London and I have AY+ Gold. Am I allowed to use the Finnair lounge at non-Schengen? No information on boarding card.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:57 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Flying BA with a OW sapphire class card should give lounge access to all OW business class lounges, including AY's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.