Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Old Jul 14, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Does anyone know what the access policy is for families? Going to be doing HEL-CPH as part of an upcoming trip. The group will be myself (OWE) partner (OWS) Mother in Law (OWE) and Father in Law (OWR) and our baby daughter. Since we have two OWEs in the group, we should be fine for access provided that they'll let the baby in free. She's 18months and flying as a lap infant.

Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by CruisingAltitude47
Does anyone know what the access policy is for families? Going to be doing HEL-CPH as part of an upcoming trip. The group will be myself (OWE) partner (OWS) Mother in Law (OWE) and Father in Law (OWR) and our baby daughter. Since we have two OWEs in the group, we should be fine for access provided that they'll let the baby in free. She's 18months and flying as a lap infant.

Thanks!
Infants under 2 years old do not count as guests so you'll be fine!

Have a nice trip!
Old Jul 14, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by CruisingAltitude47
Does anyone know what the access policy is for families? Going to be doing HEL-CPH as part of an upcoming trip. , The group will be myself (OWE) partner (OWS) Mother in Law (OWE) and Father in Law (OWR) and our baby daughter. Since we have two OWEs in the group, we should be fine for access provided that they'll let the baby in free. She's 18months and flying as a lap infant.

Thanks!
No problems with access rules as such, but do note that the flight to CPH will depart from the Schengen side of the airport.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
First visit since the Fazer took over. Huge improvement - salmon with a nice sauce, beef neck etc. not very obvious to figure out you have to order , though
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Infants under 2 years old do not count as guests so you'll be fine!

Have a nice trip!
Perfect!! Thank you!
Old Jul 22, 2017, 2:56 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
Not allowed entry as BA OWE flying J around 1600. I assume she was lying as staff could not produce the "rules" she referred to which are no more OWE allowed except Finnair OWE. Wouldn't mind being denied except for what seems like making up a rule and lying... No manager seems to be around so not sure who to address.
We had the same attempted refusal flying HEL-LHR in AY J on a BA coded ticket in early July at around 1600. All 3 of us BA OWE. The lounge agent directed us to the J lounge on the basis of the fact that we were on BA tickets operated by Finnair. I protested, saying we were emerald. After a couple of minutes, we were all let in to the Premium Lounge as I understand we were entitled to. Standing room only. Very poor lounge experience overall but the macaroons were excellent.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
Today cod and chicken ala Wallenberg as choises. Took the cod. Small size, but very tasty.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:22 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Finnair has published new cleaned up the access rules page, spelling out that plat, plat vip and gold may bring one guest and any number of their own children under age 18. Emeralds may bring one guest only. Access may be restricted during peak-hours.

Last edited by intuition; Jul 30, 2017 at 2:57 am
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Finnair has published new access rules, spelling out that plat, plat vip and gold may bring one guest and any number of their own children under age 18. Emeralds may bring one guest only. Access may be restricted during peak-hours.
They have redesigned the page for the access rules but the actual rules remain the same as before.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:00 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Indeed, the difference between emerald and platinum was there before textually, and is now better structured. Information about Vip access, codeshare flights and codeshare exceptions and a few other things have been added.
The wiki on top was not showing the correct rules and I have updated it.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:20 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Have the rules now changed for OW Sapphires ? I am not sure if it was official policy but OWS+1 used to have access during off-peak hours.

Last edited by lento; Jul 30, 2017 at 4:32 am
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:27 am
Moderator, Finnair

It said so in our wiki, but the finnair.com page is not mentioning sapphires in the premium section at all, indicating sapphires only have business class lounge access. IIRC haven't there been such reports too?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: AY+Plat
I do not have experience after Fazer became operater but before that I was as non-AY Sapphire allowed several times this year during off peak hours.

Both Premium and Business lounge info page have this line "Access may be limited during peak hours." If they deny status passengers in Business lounge, where would they send ?

Last edited by lento; Jul 30, 2017 at 4:48 am
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:58 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by lento
Both Premium and Business lounge info page have this line "Access may be limited during peak hours." If they deny status passengers in Business lounge, where would they send ?
I assume nowhere. If it is full it is full and not much can be done there and then. (If they are well prepared, they might send people away with a voucher for food/drinks valid across airport, but I doubt it. More likely they will ask the customer to contact customer service after the trip)
Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by intuition
IIRC haven't there been such reports too
There has indeed, I recall one report with one of the former lounge dragons confirmed that non-AY Sapphires have access during non-peak hours on weekdays only.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.