Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:15 am

IMO the premium lounge does not feel very premium when most of AY's premium customers are about to fly out, i.e. during the afternoon rush hour. In my experience it has been hard to find a seat sometimes and the ambiance is not very nice when all the tables are full of dirty dishes etc. They really should restrict access -- at least during peak hours -- to plats/emeralds only.

During quieter hours the lounge and its offerings are fine. Or at least a definitive improvement on food and beverage offerings.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by ORD Finn
IMO the premium lounge does not feel very premium when most of AY's premium customers are about to fly out, i.e. during the afternoon rush hour. In my experience it has been hard to find a seat sometimes and the ambiance is not very nice when all the tables are full of dirty dishes etc. They really should restrict access -- at least during peak hours -- to plats/emeralds only.

During quieter hours the lounge and its offerings are fine. Or at least a definitive improvement on food and beverage offerings.
+1 exactly. Currently sitting here. Rush is easing off now as people head for their longhaul gates.

The offerings are nicely laid anyway, an improvement.
It is also bad how dirty the sofachairs look as they have been stained by food and drinks.
Even if I am Emerald, I think they should not kick out Golds, but rather restrict the entry during peak hours.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
They do need to restrict access in some way, and OWE at certain times appears to be the best way, unless it is first come, first served.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:06 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
At this hour, with only the HKG flight left, the place is very quiet.

Still we are about 10-15 people here, so that tells a bit on how many people actually holding "top" tier on this flight.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 4:48 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I was there yesterday morning before London flights. Maybe 6-7 people all in all. Including at least one visitor, i.e. my daughter.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by SPBanker
I was there yesterday morning before London flights. Maybe 6-7 people all in all. Including at least one visitor, i.e. my daughter.
The BA pax head probably to almost@home
Old Feb 15, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
The BA pax head probably to almost@home
I use this lounge most often as the other lounges are busier when I am at HEL for the afternoon BA flight.

I like the lounge although the drink selection is limited.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Posting from the lounge this morning. Warm food choices consisted of scrambled eggs, strawberry filled thin pancakes and porridge. All good. Having champagne, of course, as I have another 16 hours of travel ahead..

It is quiet and tranquil at 7 AM. Very relaxing.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:25 am

I very rarely utilize showers in lounges but next time I am planning to try the sauna here. What toiletries are available there?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
Originally Posted by FFlash
I very rarely utilize showers in lounges but next time I am planning to try the sauna here. What toiletries are available there?
Barebones. Bring your own birch whisk.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Lappe
Barebones. Bring your own birch whisk.
Ha, while I would be fine with barebones, I forgot to mention that the question arose actually from my better half who will join me next time. She asked if it is premium enough to provide any amenities there or should she unpack her own stuff from her luggage.

(PS. I might guess what you might think...she is quite pretty but not so much pretty as to invite you guys for a DO there )
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:53 pm

Programs: AY Silver, SQ KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by FFlash
Ha, while I would be fine with barebones, I forgot to mention that the question arose actually from my better half who will join me next time. She asked if it is premium enough to provide any amenities there or should she unpack her own stuff from her luggage.
It's useable, but definitely on the barebones side of things. Last used the showers a couple of days ago and the basket contained:

Berry Therapy Lingonberry Shower Gel 30ml
Berry Therapy Lingonberry Body Lotion 30ml
Berry Therapy Lingonberry Shampoo 30ml
Berry Therapy Lingonberry Conditioner 30ml
Shaving Kit
Comb
Dental Kit
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:10 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I really like those Lingonberry products...
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:37 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
+1!

They may not be exclusive but I find them very nice. Instead of carrying some generic (but exclusive) world brand, I tink it is nice AY has products that has a local feel.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:36 am

Thanks guys (I assume there is not so many Gal experiences here), sounds reasonable. I assume there are hairdryers etc. in ladies side too (never take for granted, as my wise always complain the ladies restrooms are impractical when she sees they must be designed by MEN but that is offtopic)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.