Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Change Title for Easier Search?

Would it make sense to change the title of this thread to something like "Finnair Premier Lounge Helsinki" so it was easier to search for newbies to the topic? Not sure who would even be able to do that, since no one seems to officially be a moderator for this forum? (Nothing against the Ambassadors, of course )
Old Dec 24, 2014, 6:18 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Would it make sense to change the title of this thread to something like "Finnair Premier Lounge Helsinki" so it was easier to search for newbies to the topic? Not sure who would even be able to do that, since no one seems to officially be a moderator for this forum? (Nothing against the Ambassadors, of course )
Of course not! We are usually such well-behaved bunch, we don't need moderators. Occasionally oliver2002 drops by, but that's mainly because of his family ties to Finland, or so I've gathered.

But yes, title should be changed. Actually Helsinki Flyer, being the original poster, can do it by himself. He should go to the first post, Edit => Go Advanced, and from there he can edit the title of the thread.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 2:40 pm

I edited the title of my first post and it didn´t change the title of the thread. Hyvää joulua, god jul or merry Christmas to all of you.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 7:56 pm

We were there one week ago around 11 pm and asked for champagne. The bar lady replied "Finish. You can have Prosecco!" and she emptied the last bubbles into our glasses. When we asked for a refill they were completely dry.
First visit. Not very premium IMO.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 1:30 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
I edited the title of my first post and it didn´t change the title of the thread. Hyvää joulua, god jul or merry Christmas to all of you.
Damn. Thanks for trying! ^ I'll ask for assistance.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 3:16 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
But it's not called the Premier Lounge...

Note that this thread was created almost a year before the lounge finally opened. If we want to go the newbie friendly way, we'd split up into pre-opening and post-opening discussion threads. But this is the AY thread, so let's not do that
Old Dec 25, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by remymartin
But it's not called the Premier Lounge...

Note that this thread was created almost a year before the lounge finally opened. If we want to go the newbie friendly way, we'd split up into pre-opening and post-opening discussion threads. But this is the AY thread, so let's not do that
I could of sworn that walking towards the lounge, it has a big "Premier" signage at the entry??

Never mind, just checked on the oneworld site.. It's called the "Finnair Premium Lounge".. my bad

Last edited by teemuflyer; Dec 25, 2014 at 12:29 pm Reason: Correction..
Old Dec 26, 2014, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Now it's done. Thanks oliver2002! ^
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:38 am

Happy to report that also Nikka whisky is now being served. Excellent stuff.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:41 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Any sign of the 1* Jallu that I requested?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, CC Gold
Greattt! Would you have more details, what Nikka do they serve?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by ghenu
Greattt! Would you have more details, what Nikka do they serve?
Nikka Whisky from the Barrel. Don't take too many!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, CC Gold
Nikka Whisky from the Barrel. Don't take too many!
Nice, I've had it only once before. ^ Heheh, lets see how many it is going to be. Gotta leave some room for Nicholas Feuillate too, though!
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:12 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by FlugE
We were there one week ago around 11 pm and asked for champagne. The bar lady replied "Finish. You can have Prosecco!" and she emptied the last bubbles into our glasses. When we asked for a refill they were completely dry.
First visit. Not very premium IMO.
Had the same experience in October, so I think they are not ordering very much to manage costs.

Not an experience I have had with BA in LHR.

I had a nice glass of Châteauneuf-du-Pape instead.

My main concern has been how busy the lounge gets at times, especially when I usually visit on Sunday afternoon for the BA flight to London. I usually give up and go to the Almost Home lounge, which I quite like, as it is usually not too busy.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
This may be kind of OT, but is the J lounge noticeably any quieter, now with the Premium Lounge open?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.