Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Discrepancy in J service levels on 32B?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I was in J on a 32B on AY831 (08:00) to LHR recently and the whole experience felt very charter-y and not like J at all...

First of all it took 30 minutes after take off before crew first appeared from the galley, and even then no service to the J pax. Announcements were made about tablets, duty free, pre-order and the BOB service etc. in 3 languages, and only after the Y pax had been served their snack, the service finally started in J with the CC closing the curtains and distributing newspapers.

Things began quite poorly, as we received no hot towels... The meal service was also very inconsistent and odd throughout. Being in 3D I got my meal before 1A did, very peculiar. I wouldn't say the service was bad, the crew was very friendly, helpful and kind but it was all just so inconsistent it reminded me very much of an all Y 757 charter flight I had experienced previously. The crew seemed very disoriented, and I don't know why... Maybe they weren't familiar with the service progression in SH J, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but having mostly had highly experienced crew on the rest of the fleet, (excluding BE-op flights), I was left a little baffled.

Don't get me wrong, this is not me complaining, I'm just curious. Is the crew on 32B's the same as on the rest of the fleet, or was I simply faced with a randomly inconsistent crew? (I should add this was my first flight with AY on a 32B so can't really compare, but it felt very much like the service on a 757 charter flight I had a while back...)
Old Aug 14, 2014, 3:58 pm

Recently I had one of my best SH J flights onboard an A320B. It must be the crew and especially the purser who makes the experience a pleasant one or a rather indifferent one.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:23 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I have on occasions seen this type of unorganized service in C. At those time I have counted FAs and found them to be fewer than normal. My guess is that purser decides to send all staff to the back of the plane, and then service the front alone. This scenario seems to be something they never trained for, so service will be very erratic/disorganized. Luckily quite rare situation IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.