Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Schengen lounge at HEL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2014, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

I visited the lounge today and asked about the schedule. It was clear that the staff had been instructed not to comment any details. Or could it be that they were not informed. In any case, I think it is not a very good policy not to inform customers as clearly as possible. Nothing is 100 % sure and no one is demanding that either. It is sad that every one else than emeralds have no lounge access until October (?) but wouldn't it be better to say that directly and openly compared to every one speculating the date and trying to get any hints from different discussion forums and other sources.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 10:50 pm

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Schengen lounge will be closed during 1.7-30.9.2014.

(the a.d date wasn't yet mentioned in here)
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:19 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Any cheap shorthaul (with min 1 bounce) available ex-EU? I need them pts...
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:27 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
They now mention the Schengen lounge closure Jul 1st - Sep 30th in conjunction with the short haul upgrade promotion on finnair.com.

Takes a lot away from the promo for the non-Emerald leisure travelers upgrading their summer flights so definitely worth mentioning, hopefully the booking engine has/will have the comment too.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 8:02 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
AY only yesterday started to inform the public with this message posted on the "Information about Finnair traffic" page:

June 26 - 12:00
Current lounge spaces above gates 23-26 will be closed as of 1 July and will be opened after renovation in the autumn of 2014.

We apologise any possible inconvenience this renovation may cause to you in the near future. We strive to complete this renovation a quickly as possible and, in the end, we will be able to offer about 40 % more seating space, new shower suites and a small play area for kids.

Finnair Plus Platinum and Gold Lifetime members as well as oneworld Emerald card holders are temporarily invited to the Aspire Lounge on second floor opposite gate 27. Aspire Lounge is open daily from 05:30 till 20:00, except on Saturdays and Sundays till 19:30.

Finnair Lounge between the gates 36 and 37 is open normally for all non-Schengen destination customers.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Aha, AY Gold also has access, while OWS doesn't. The plot thickens!
Old Jun 27, 2014, 9:40 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Gold lifetime, that is. Unless it is just bad english.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by intuition
Gold lifetime, that is. Unless it is just bad english.
Based on the Finnglish it could be interpreted as both Plat and Gold lifetime only
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: LH SEN
Could be intepreted as Plat Lifetime and Gold Lifetime but then Emerald note steps in.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:20 am
Original Poster

a couple of pictures available

Gallery.finnair.com

--> Images --> Finnair lounge --> Schengen Lounge.

Not too bad. Still white but I liked also the previous design.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:47 am
Moderator, Finnair

Those are not new. Or am I missing something?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by intuition
Or am I missing something?
Yes, if you choose only Lounge you will see the pictures of the old lounge. But if you click one step further in the menu on the left (Schengen lounge) you'll see the pictures of the new lounge.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 12:02 pm

Sorry, my links are more or less dead somehow.

Last edited by Helsinki Flyer; Jun 27, 2014 at 1:28 pm
Old Jun 27, 2014, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

I can't see Helsinki flyer's picture.

I just saw a lay out picture in the Finnair Facebook (you don't have to log in).

If I inteprete the picture correctly the lounge opens directly to the right hand side staircases with a welcome desk and the balcony facing the tax-free shop is included in the lounge. The former service door near the wine bottles will be removed and that will be the the other access from the former Lounge 2 to the Finnair lounge. The triangular empty area remains as the kitchen? The current public toilet near the old door will be toilet/showers for the lounge ??? The old toilets are also shown without any details, showers? The old long corridor connecting Silver wings lounge to the old SAS lounge is not visible in the picture and seems to be blocked by a curtain/wall in the picture. Where is the new small playing area for kids? What are the two cubicles opposite the shelves with design items and behind the curtains (near the back-office of current welcome desk). I am just making a speculation based on the pictures so do not take this too seriously.

Last edited by nordic; Jun 27, 2014 at 12:57 pm
Old Jun 28, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Showers on the Schengen side should be a most welcome addition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.