Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Schengen lounge at HEL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Originally Posted by nordic
Absolutely from my experience on Monday. The renovation goes on until the end of August. Very limited food options and only dispossbles cups, plates and cutlery.

i went first to Aspire and unfortunately I decided to pay a short visit to AY lounge later.
Also complemented with a slight sewage smell on some mornings. However, this week(3 visits...)the lounge has been quite peaceful and okay for brief breakfast.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:25 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
People with Priority Pass: did you notice that Fly Inn Restaurant at HEL has joined the scheme and will offer set menus as well as beer and wine for cardholders?

06:00 - 21:00 daily (restaurant opening times) 06:00 - 10:00 daily (set breakfast menu) 10:00 - 14:00 daily (set lunch menu) Fly Inn restaurant offers hot/cold buffet set menus for breakfast or lunch. Breakfast menu incl.cereals, smoked ham, salmon, cheese, fruit salad, warm porridge, scrambled eggs & reindeer sausage buffet. Lunch menu incl. soup of the day, salad, bread assortment & spreads. Drinks with the set menu at no additional cost include soft drinks and a glass of wine or beer.
vulle, Trav1970, DALtoAAL and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I boarded at Gate 26 and noticed te sign that FlyInn welcomes PP - sounds like a good option to those with PP.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by lkrt
People with Priority Pass: did you notice that Fly Inn Restaurant at HEL has joined the scheme and will offer set menus as well as beer and wine for cardholders?

Great news, always good to get more alternatives. I wonder what is offer after 14.00 though.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Only PP? No Diners, Amex?
Reindeer buffet sounds good
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Didn't go up, but the sign downstairs had no mention of AX or DC
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AX
In the U.S. PP has added quite a few restaurants to their lounge portfolio, good to see that they are doing the same in Finland as well. Looking forward hearing reports on the new addition.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:34 pm

I decided to go in today for a quick tryout. Turns out the breakfast is a buffet including coffee and juice. You also get a glass of wine/beer/cava with PP. The atmosphere is very calm and serene during the mornings (at least before the crowds find this gem). Definitely recommended!

Lunch buffet includes a soup and three different kinds of salads (probably not FT salads) and bread. After 14 there is no PP access.
vulle, Guillou and FFlash like this.

Last edited by lkrt; Aug 23, 2018 at 10:15 pm
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Really decent looking - kind of standard Finnish hotel breakfast buffet.

I don't think the "crowds" will find it, given the scarcity of PP cards in Finland (my uneducated guess) and the restaurant's out-of-the-way location.
vulle likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
The offer of sausages wins it the game against Aspire. I would just be happier if they agreed on the US / Australian model with free credit valid throughout the opening hours. €24 and get whatever you want. Despite that, it certainly is a nice step forward in the PP network!
vulle likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by on22cz
The offer of sausages wins it the game against Aspire. I would just be happier if they agreed on the US / Australian model with free credit valid throughout the opening hours. €24 and get whatever you want. Despite that, it certainly is a nice step forward in the PP network!
I agree with you. I just enjoyed this benefit at a small regional US airport. Was nice to select stuff from a full restaurant menu.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
I checked out the breakfast at Fly Inn this morning. As WilcoRoger said, it resembles a lot what a typical breakfast buffet at a Finnish hotel would look like, and in my opinion it ups the game against the next door competition at the Aspire Lounge. I liked the smoked salmon, other stuff goes to category "basic but very much OK". Contrary to real lounges, they only serve one glass of bubbly with the breakfast but if one wants more, one can always do lounge hopping and/or get some bubbles onboard.

BTW - Fly Inn is operated / owned by Select Service Partner Finland Oy (SSP Oy), which also owns the Almost@Home lounge in the non Schengen area.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Next week Thursday would be opening day after renovation, I'll be in the lounge that day so interesting to see if there is anything special offered.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:32 am

Not much happened really: the smaller buffet area has been remodeled to be more efficient for the staff. The corridor between the kitchen and the window is even tighter than it was before!

Soft drinks have been removed from the smaller area, now only available at the ”cognac” station from a new Coca-Cola fountain. There’s also long drink on tap these days.

The lounge is as crowded as ever, went around for 10 minutes looking for a place to sit.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by lkrt
There’s also long drink on tap these days.
Could you elaborate this part? Which brand etc?
vulle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.