AY Schengen lounge at HEL

Old Sep 10, 2022, 6:22 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by kauppias
or pay to use qr code 🤣🤣🤣
Our customers have expressed a desire to enjoy some peace of mind before boarding. That is why we have developed a digital lounge service that can be purchased in the app.
From as little as 39€ tier members can enjoy the world's first individual lounge, with a huge selection of soothing music streamed directly to our app. Included in the price is access to the roped-off seats near gate 7, where also recycled eye-masks add to the feeling of privacy and luxury can be picked up (subject to availability)

When boarding starts, there will be an audio signal in the app to alert the traveller it is time to leave the digital lounge. (Due to technical issues, the timing of the signal may arrive after your flight has departed. If this happens to you, you can always change your ticket subject to the original ticket rules)

Last edited by intuition; Sep 10, 2022 at 7:12 am Reason: spelling
Old Sep 10, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by lkrt
The previous desks have been replaced with proper phone booths.
Nice fridge
Old Sep 10, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
Our customers have expressed a desire to enjoy some peace of mind before boarding. That is why we have developed a digital lounge service that can be purchased in the app.
From as little as 39 tier members can enjoy the world's first individual lounge, with a huge selection of soothing music streamed directly to our app. Included in the price is access to the roped-off seats near gate 7, where also recycled eye-masks add to the feeling of privacy and luxury can be picked up (subject to availability)

When boarding starts, there will be an audio signal in the app to alert the traveller it is time to leave the digital lounge. (Due to technical issues, the timing of the signal may arrive after your flight has departed. If this happens to you, you can always change your ticket subject to the original ticket rules)
Finnair Lounge in the metaverse :')
intuition and manywhere like this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 8:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Interesting...

intuition likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 8:59 am

Programs: Onko teill S-etukorttia?
Looks like i got the same survey, in my spam.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Survey was quite short. Basically asking about usage, F&B quality and choices, what we usually do in lounges and what we want in lounges. I found two questions interesting: Namely, if I'd want to pay for better food/drinks (I said no) and if I would be interested in points in lieu of a lounge visit (which I could be in case of very short connections with <15min or so in lounge).
ffay005 and intuition like this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:29 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by florens
Survey was quite short. Basically asking about usage, F&B quality and choices, what we usually do in lounges and what we want in lounges. I found two questions interesting: Namely, if I'd want to pay for better food/drinks (I said no) and if I would be interested in points in lieu of a lounge visit (which I could be in case of very short connections with <15min or so in lounge).
Some surveys are pretty interesting because one can tell what idea they already have and what they want to prove customers "are asking for".
ffay005, OH-LGG, florens and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat, Hilton Honors Gold
Some surveys are pretty interesting because one can tell what idea they already have and what they want to prove customers "are asking for".
The questions reminded me of my product development courses in uni telling to be very wary of these kind of questions ("Would you buy x / pay for x?") since people tend to overestimate there willingness to buy...
intuition likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Very soon we have food for purchase and customers requested it. We all know how this goes.
r2d2, ffay005, intuition and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:59 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by lkrt
The questions reminded me of my product development courses in uni telling to be very wary of these kind of questions ("Would you buy x / pay for x?") since people tend to overestimate there willingness to buy...
.. or in the case of goods/service that are free or percieved to be free: Then people tend to exaggerate their refusal to pay. E.g. would you pay for news online, for using a road.

I suddenly remember a similar "survey" but with much better scientific value. Finnair wanted to know how customers reacted to unbundled fares, ticket types with included services and ancillary serives. So they created a survey that was a fake booking engine and you had to chose between 3 options for each case. And they went through all iterations, ie even setting seemingly insane (high price, few services) up as choices. They also tested out different price-points, ie what would you chose in case base price was low (like when buying many months in advande) adn when base price was high (like when buying a week in advande). All looked like you were bying tickets, and I believe they did not actually try to prove a thesis, but to actually understand what the value was for different ticket types in different scenarios.
mpkz and Steve_Hun like this.

Last edited by intuition; Sep 13, 2022 at 11:43 am
Old Sep 13, 2022, 11:49 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Very soon we have food for purchase and customers requested it. We all know how this goes.
Yes, the good old "remove service, increase price" and when people complain "put service back, charge extra for it".
Old Sep 13, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: AY
Filled the survey and made my opinion clear on current sustainable food offerings. At least they ask for feedback but won't have high hopes anything will change for better.
ffay005, Purjelentaja and Clarity_ like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: AA EXP
Tried visiting today but the place is a chaos at 3pm. No seats, dirty dishes everywhere and line half way down the stairs. Got out and found a quiet spot in the terminal to sit down.

I am surprised the fire department lets them have that many people in the space, its packed.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Or smaller meager offering since customers were asked and customers requested free food, and ay thinks free food is garbage food
intuition likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: AY Platinum, LH, Accor, IHG, Scandic, Tallink
New sparkling wine in the schengen lounge: Italian moscato frizzante… I think I miss the good ol` Bernard-Massard sparkling…

Last edited by jann3; Sep 27, 2022 at 12:07 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.