Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Mobile phone 'app'

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2018, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
Yes. There is aan opt-out that must be done for each and every reservation if one does not want it. Otherwise, if they know your mobile number, they'll check you in.
I see. I updated my details due to the Raffle&Missions promo. Thats why they have started to auto check in. :-)
Old May 20, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
They seem to have fixed the date / location issue. (Developer must store a date and a location in a specific part of the coupon in order for ios application to activate it based on phones location and current time. )
Looks like they only fixed it on the app. Loaded the bp by SMS on Friday, it wasn't available on the lock screen.
Old May 21, 2018, 12:51 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by aapee
Looks like they only fixed it on the app. Loaded the bp by SMS on Friday, it wasn't available on the lock screen.
If you get a BP by text message, is it a different format than the one from app? (ie Apple Wallet pass). I haven't used sms BP for ages.
I am not sure mine did show up on lock screen, but they surely have the property relevantDate set, as they now are sorted correctly in the Wallet app.

If the text BPs are the same kind, but lacks the date, then that indicates there are multiple sources for the passes. That seems like a odd/bad thing...
Old May 21, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
If the text BPs are the same kind, but lacks the date, then that indicates there are multiple sources for the passes. That seems like a odd/bad thing...
My experience on my iPhone has been that I click on the link on the bp and it automatically gives me a Wallet pass to add. Last week I got my bp in the app and it showed on the lock screen so you could be right about multiple sources.
Old May 21, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Definitely looks that way - today loaded the bp from the app, and the it’s back on the lock screen again.
Old May 21, 2018, 9:26 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Oh, the joys of cleaning up after copy-paste-coding!
Old May 21, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Today at ARN the QR code from the Finnair app did not allow me fast track, whereas the QR code for Apple wallet did
Old May 31, 2018, 11:38 pm

Programs: AY Platinum
Looks like my app hasn't refreshed itself in 24 hours now despite multiple tries. After logging out and logging back in it lost all my reservations as well as my BP for today. Is it the same for everybody?

Edit: we had a waitlisted upgrade for three people and now that it got cleared 9 h before departure (and after calling the plat line and them having done some tricks with the ticket), the app updates itself again for all of us and the bookings and the BP are there again.

Last edited by loimu; Jun 1, 2018 at 12:23 am
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: AY+, HH Gold
I don't use the app that much, but recently went to look at the settings. My marketing preferences were all "off", even though I had ticked all boxes on the website profile. So I ticket all for "on", and now I'm getting way more marketing emails.

Some could be annoyed by this, but I'm happy to suddenly start to get upgrade offers (never had one before!), and a recent email with a personalized double points promo link...

Have no idea why this has now prompted something in the system, but as a relatively infrequent flyer, any extra points are worth the extra marketing emails to delete ^
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
Originally Posted by Eyrie
I don't use the app that much, but recently went to look at the settings. My marketing preferences were all "off", even though I had ticked all boxes on the website profile. So I ticket all for "on", and now I'm getting way more marketing emails.

Some could be annoyed by this, but I'm happy to suddenly start to get upgrade offers (never had one before!), and a recent email with a personalized double points promo link...

Have no idea why this has now prompted something in the system, but as a relatively infrequent flyer, any extra points are worth the extra marketing emails to delete ^
So this is the reason I haven't had the pleasure of getting the ridiculous upgrade offers cheers!
Eyrie likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:42 pm
Moderator, Finnair

23 minutes to take-off and Finnair app has said "Boarding" for a while now. Hurry to the gate, just to find there is no boarding taking place for another 10 minutes or so.

Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
23 minutes to take-off and Finnair app has said "Boarding" for a while now. Hurry to the gate, just to find there is no boarding taking place for another 10 minutes or so.
Same thing happened to me today. HEL-OUL though
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
iOS app today shows latest transactions from > 3 months ago.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Same here
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by FFlash
Same here
+1. Wonder if server date/time is three months behind?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.