Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Mobile phone 'app'

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I know to remove diacritics from my names, but I still regularly have problems with dash
Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Another interesting feature: some flights already credited show up on the app as "will be credited soon", while flights not yet credited don't show up.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Now app in Finnish too.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Next should be samish and chinese with a built-in translator
Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:10 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Don't we all hate when a bad website just steals our energy away, with multiple reloads, lost sessions, pointless animations and ending in generic error "try again"?

Now apparently the energy stealing has spread to the app!

(Translation "Reminder: A lot of energy is used. Finnair is discharging your battery")
Attached Images  
Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:12 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
It seems the new version never really sleeps in the background. Or did it always behave badly, and it's just a new Android feature to show the culprit?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:59 am

The new version seems to lock for me.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 6:19 am

@intuition Would you be so kind and get in touch with us about this on the developer feedback e-mail? We are investigating an issue related to this but it's very hard to gather information on.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
What are your experiences with the Finnair app seeing other OW flights? So far I've flown with BA and CX, and all of their flights showed up reliably in the app. Now I have an upcoming Iberia flight, and nothing shows up in the app.

Not that it's important, and it's not something I'd expect to always see pop up, but it's more of a curiosity than anything. It's still been a nice to have, if nothing else. Since BA and Iberia are the airlines Finnair works pretty closely with, I would have thought to see my Iberia flights here as well.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
QF shows up nicely. I'd guess if you add the IB bookinf ref it'd show up in the app.

Talking of the app - on ios it doesn't refresh, unless I lohgou and back again. Simpy quitting and restarting the app doesn't do a thing. Bug or feature?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
That actually worked, despite it saying "Enter your FINNAIR booking reference". Interestingly enough it also said that "frequent flyer number could not be added", which is strange because it does show up in my confirmation e-mail. So I'm guessing it didn't show up in the app in the first place because for some reason my AY frequent flyer number couldn't be linked to what's in the Iberia ticket.

On Android, refreshing seems to be a bit random. I've found that going back and forth between a few different screens, and pausing for a while in each one, will eventually refresh it. A simple "refresh now" button could make sense here.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AX
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
QF shows up nicely. I'd guess if you add the IB bookinf ref it'd show up in the app.

Talking of the app - on ios it doesn't refresh, unless I lohgou and back again. Simpy quitting and restarting the app doesn't do a thing. Bug or feature?
I have noticed the same about the app - quite annoying. Although even more annoying that I just logged out to refresh and now the whole log in section from the app has disappeared with no possibility to log back in..
Old Apr 12, 2018, 12:03 pm

I have two outstanding Iberia bookings both showing in the app automatically.

In my experience, any Amadeus PNR with my AY+ number will show up, regardless of which airline made it. It even worked with Lufthansa PNR (when I was involuntarily rerouted on AY).
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Yep everything will show up, if it is Amadeus and has your AY+ number. I've had QF, QR, BA, CX and MH bookings and mixes of those all showing up in the app. Even JQ flights if they were on bookings that cointained OW filights. And AA flights if they had QF segments.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:25 am

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by juhanh
Yep everything will show up, if it is Amadeus and has your AY+ number.
I can see one with no AY + number there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.