Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Mobile phone 'app'

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I found the app useful on iOS - for me it works as advertised, even showing other OW flights, once entered manually (I was going for BA Avios with those, so they couldn't get it from the account info)
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:43 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by planesquid
It logged in fine, it was displaying information like my name which could only be gleaned from the Finnair account.
It still could be a problem on login. The app shows data stored in device on previous login but is unable to update the data due to login problem.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 2:58 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Booked an airberlin flight through expedia and in few seconds I got the flight showing on the Finnair app, even before I got confirmation from expedia!

OT: then the funny story begins...for a long time I had to book OTA, since I found this special routing only at expedia. Mistake. First it did not confirm purchase, I had to call. Agent booked and promised a res in 24hrs. Never got one, only "travel plan" confirmation in 2 minutes. After 24hrs I still don't got anything, go to expedia.fi and search my "travel plan" but it can't find it, neither my anything connected to my e-mail address. I call expedia. They don't find it and the agent is a complete dumb. COMPLETE I say. I ask her to do her job and call me back. She says I cannot call you back, I will send a message

Now I am lost if I have a ticket or not...it still shows up on finnair app but when I try to localize it on MMB with the booking reference, nothing shows up...

Learning: NEVER EVER book through OTA
Old Jan 13, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Now they at least added the "Add to Wallet" button.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 3:10 pm

Warning: the app might override FFP number on a booking

A cautionary tale:
My shiny OW card is from BAEC and in order to get free seat reservation I put that number on an AY booking. I was happy to find out that the outbound flight is operated with an A321 sharklet and chose, of course, an exit row seat on row 10. All was good until a few days later I opened the AY iOS app and manually inputted this booking. It showed up there nicely. Then again close to departure I pulled up this booking in MMB and noticed that instead of my BAEC number it had my AY+ number on it. The app must have changed it. I left it like that since I had already re-qualified for the BA card and thought that maybe better to collect AY points then (to use for upgrades later). All fine so far.

The day before departure I received "the online checkin is open" email, which still had my seat as 10D. Then I proceeded to check in and found out that I've been kicked out of that seat. Fortunately not into some middle seat in the back of the bus but to row 24, the second exit row. Okay, fine, I can live with that. But when I tried to print my boarding pass it was no go. The site demanded that I should pay 24 EUR for this "economy comfort" seat. Great. I tried to redo the checkin a couple of times and change the FFP to BAEC but it was not possible change it anymore. Next morning I approach the priority counter at HEL and, after some negotiation, the gentleman there agreed to waive the fee.

So in the end things worked out fine... except that I had to endure a delay of maybe 2 minutes when deplaning compared to the original seat. The flight was completely packed but still a fairly smooth experience.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
The app shows advancement toward status incorrectly - at 54 flights the counter still didn't hit the Gold line, at 55 it did. Luckily the TP counter went to noon long agon
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:21 pm

@ORD Finn: Similar experience. Booked through Finnair website and added BA frequent flyer number. Then added booking manually to Finnair app. The booking on the website continued to show my BA number.

But when I did online check-in, the number on the boarding pass was changed to AY and could not be changed back online (interestingly, on the manage my booking page it still showed BA). The gate agent at the airport confirmed that the AY number was associated, but was fortunately able to change it back to BA. Miles were correctly credited to BA later.

The bottom line: Don't use the app if you don't plan to credit miles to AY. It messes everything up.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 12:05 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
This is told in the app's "Add a journey" function. It specifically says "Your Finnair Plus number will be added to the booking."

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
The app shows advancement toward status incorrectly - at 54 flights the counter still didn't hit the Gold line, at 55 it did. Luckily the TP counter went to noon long agon
I've had the same kind of trouble on the app not showing "days left" correctly.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Okay I was with the happy-camp until I updated my iOS and the AY App too, and now I have got more several days nothing else than grumpy app problems.

Agree with previous posts, "clock is wrong", points are not showing, my companion tix which used to show up there are no longer there (this was a good feature), it is not updating and just loading loading etc.

Back to basics. MMB and paper copies.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I asked about the slower update of information nowadays. They answered me, that the functionality of the UI element has been changed. It was faster before, because it only showed the state of some updates. Now it has been changed so that everything is up to date when it stops moving and changes into a Finnair F logo or emblem.

They told me that the slow update is due to some of the background systems that are slower to respond. (I can imagine Amadeus API causes quite a lot of these problems which are also on AY's website)
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by lkrt
This is told in the app's "Add a journey" function. It specifically says "Your Finnair Plus number will be added to the booking."
Yes, it actually does say so. I hadn't noticed this "small print" before. Thanks for pointing it out.

For me the problem was not that my AY number got on the booking, on the contrary. I just a bit surprised that my seat was reassigned and then they wanted money for the new seat which I did not actually reserve. And that it was not possible to change the FFP number during the online checkin although that functionality seemingly exists.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:51 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I recently switched from Nokia to Samsung (after more than two decades!), and I now have AY Androida app. Pretty smooth actually, but right now I am checking in for my flight to NRT tomorrow, and the app asks for passport number etc. For date of birth the default (i.e. where the scrolling starts) is two CENTURIES ago, i.e. March 5, 1816.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by ORD Finn
And that it was not possible to change the FFP number during the online checkin although that functionality seemingly exists.
In my experience, OLCI lets you change from XX program to AY, but once/if you have AY there, you can't change it to something else (anymore).

I don't know whether it would allow multiple XXtoYY type changes as long as you dont put in AY.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ffay005
In my experience, OLCI lets you change from XX program to AY, but once/if you have AY there, you can't change it to something else (anymore).

I don't know whether it would allow multiple XXtoYY type changes as long as you dont put in AY.
I once switched from AA to AB during OLCI.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: Finnair plat
I have 2 smartphones - andriod and Apple - both with the Finnair app
On my next flight from CPH to HEL I'm able to upgrade from the app

The cost on the Apple app is 7.500 point
The cost on the Andriod app is 5.000 point

If I upgrade it will be from the Andriod app :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.