Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Mobile phone 'app'

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Now I see that I posted something in the höpöthread that was already discussed here, but nevermind...

Originally Posted by intuition
Perhaps they shuould add seat selection, food selection and all the manage my booking to the app?
+1. For me the App has been working perfectly and quickly so I was thinking of the same. I hate the web member pages as they are very unstable, at least for me all the time.

Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
I noticed the same that you cannot open the reservation details from the MMB-links, but you can, however, access the MMB from AY's webpage using the reservation number and last name. So copypaste the reservation number and enter via opening page.
+1. Found this work too.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 8:08 pm

Programs: American Airlines Aadvantage EXP
Originally Posted by Furry
Is it possible nowadays to use AY app and eletronic boarding pass with different FFP? Last time I used it (maybe a year ago) it forced to connect PNR with AY Plus number, so uninstalled it.
I uninstalled app for the same reason. Flight is linked to my AA number and I don't want to create and link my reservation to a new finnair ff program where I have no status. They shouldn't require you to log in just of use the app.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 2:53 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by 2sawn
I uninstalled app for the same reason. Flight is linked to my AA number and I don't want to create and link my reservation to a new finnair ff program where I have no status. They shouldn't require you to log in just of use the app.
In all fairness, there are numerous apps that handles generic bookings without program affiliation; checkmytrip, myflights, worldmate and so on. I guess it makes more sense to an airline to make an app that caters to their own program members.

I'm a proponent for an alliance wide app though (possibly with individual airline branding) but it seems none of the alliances are tight enough for that to happen.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 3:05 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FFlash
+1. For me the App has been working perfectly and quickly so I was thinking of the same. I hate the web member pages as they are very unstable, at least for me all the time.
For me too. They have gone from bad to worse.
For instance, following a link back to "home" often breaks the log in. If you look at a booking (in those days when that worked) and then returned to your account, then all other bookings were gone with cryptic message "that payment method isn't allowed".

Now (as we noted earlier) you can't follow link to any booking. And when log in is lost and you try to re-log in, it gets stuck in a dead end without even asking for password and a generic error. The only remedy is to quit the browser.

Maybe we should think twice before asking AY to move this functionality to the app.. The odds for making it work are apparently high.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 6:14 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
The app is terrible. It requires a AY Plus sign in and you can't add bookings. Also the boarding pass is not compatible with iPhone passbok.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 6:35 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Well, You should perhaps update to iOS 9.1. No more Passbook, yes more Wallet. Doing e-check-in using AY app allows saving the boarding passes nicely also to the Apple Watch. So last season the folks fiddling with their iPhones (God forbid any other smartphone) by the security entrance, lounge entrance, or the gate.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by TTL
Well, You should perhaps update to iOS 9.1. No more Passbook, yes more Wallet. Doing e-check-in using AY app allows saving the boarding passes nicely also to the Apple Watch. So last season the folks fiddling with their iPhones (God forbid any other smartphone) by the security entrance, lounge entrance, or the gate.
All of my devices are up to date and the reason I called it Passbook is because it has always been known as Passbook.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
All of my devices are up to date and the reason I called it Passbook is because it has always been known as Passbook.
Well, the app certainly has a choice to export your boarding pass to Wallet (former Passbook).

I don't think the app is terrible by any measure. The UI is intuitive and UX great.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:01 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Seat selection not properly synced

I changed my seat in MMB in normal webpage. Later, I used the app to check in. there, I was back in my original seat, but by now my desired seat was occupied so I just proceeded with in-app check-in with original seat. (In MMB sometimes you forget to press OK on the last page, so then seat selection necer gets commited to the system.)
That is what I thought happened this time, but i just got my BP at the airport and it does indeed show me the updated seat selected.

This is very odd - why did the app not show my real seat? And if it is just a failed sync, why did the app then show the seat as taken (by other traveller)?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:06 pm

Well the Android app is a piece of pretty junk. Under "Add a journey" it allows you to input the booking reference, finds the flights , claims it added them to the app - which then fails to show them ("No booked journeys"). I tried this 3 times.

As the app seems to consist mainly of pretty pictures advertising destinations, and features an annoying animation on the main screen, it's now been consigned to the dustbin of ex-apps.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by planesquid
Well the Android app is a piece of pretty junk. Under "Add a journey" it allows you to input the booking reference, finds the flights , claims it added them to the app - which then fails to show them ("No booked journeys"). I tried this 3 times.

As the app seems to consist mainly of pretty pictures advertising destinations, and features an annoying animation on the main screen, it's now been consigned to the dustbin of ex-apps.
You are almost making me feel happy that there is no Windows (Phone) version of the app...
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:17 pm

Well there's always the website, which still doesn't seem to want to show my bookings in association with my account .
Old Nov 26, 2015, 1:41 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by planesquid

It sound like your app failed the login. Because the iphone app acts similar (has annoying movies and ads) when login is broken.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 11:23 pm

It logged in fine, it was displaying information like my name which could only be gleaned from the Finnair account.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:12 am
Moderator, Finnair

OK, it is maybe unrelated then.
I have just found several times, being logged in, the login session gets broken or something and the app turns dummy on me. Logging in again usually fixes it (or at least displays an error of the failed login)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.