Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Mobile phone 'app'

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
The app says you get 1 hour of complimentary internet on SH flights.... I'm tempted to upgrade just to complain...
intuition, esledo and EuroFlash like this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by Furry
There seems to be an update to the App happened some time ago (iOS):

- In the past flights all flights are reflected to airport name rather than the city.. For example Oslo is Gardermoen, Prague is Ruzyne, Gothenburg is Landvetter etc.. so it only shows "Helsinki Vantaa - Ruzyne".. What is the sense of this, as a frequent traveler I find this quite awkward not to think of people who are not so knowledgeable about airport names? As a positive note it's now possible to see more than latest ~10 transactions by using Load more -button.
Now I have Ministro Pistarini - Arturo Merino Benitez

OK, makes sense (EZE-SCL)

Why they can't make it 1:1 with website? Same goes for the points/flights balance.. Can see few flights credited in website, but mobile app only has the points, not the flight/segment thingie updated
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Got a recent iOS app update. Now it seems to be possible to preorder meals through the app.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
I hope they fixed bug for asking VIsa info.

trying to check in yesterday for PVG-HEL,the app asked my visa info, couldnt bypass it.

Called platline, she said it only requires if you are travelling to UEA or US. I was like im going from PVG to HEL. obviously was a bug.
She had to check in for me in the end.

Finnair IT.... what can i say? im not a programmer but i can even do the code for them, it's only for 2 countries that require that info , how do they fxxk up so bad?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

App update (iOS) was released and now includes a seat selection feature.
ffay005, Steve_Hun and FinnairDaan like this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Got excited too quickly. Seat selection button nowhere to be seen in the app after update.

MMB in App
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:23 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
(deleted)

Last edited by intuition; Mar 27, 2019 at 6:23 am Reason: Read more, understand better now...
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
I was excited too and found it, but only when you book via the App... Thought also it is a proper seat selection for any booking
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
After the update, the app now crashes right after splash screen for me. Nice.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Teppo
I was excited too and found it, but only when you book via the App... Thought also it is a proper seat selection for any booking
Oh, ok. Such a shame.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:42 am

I contacted the mobile development to give them feedback and they told me it should be possible to assign seats to existing booking within the App but only if no seats are selected yet.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I contacted the mobile development to give them feedback and they told me it should be possible to assign seats to existing booking within the App but only if no seats are selected yet.
This is poor because the system automatically selects seats for those that are eligible for complimentary seat selection. I wonder if the mobile development team is aware of this?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by lkrt
This is poor because the system automatically selects seats for those that are eligible for complimentary seat selection. I wonder if the mobile development team is aware of this?
My next reply aimed on exactly that issue, let's see what they will reply.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:27 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
I have about 8 scheduled returns (32 flights total), and I can select seats for most of them. Biggest issue seems to be upgraded flights, I’m unable to select seats there.

I have already selected seats for all flights via website and still I’m able to change most of them via the app. So that’s probably not the issue.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
At least I’m able to change my seats now in the app even though I had them assigned before. BUT it seems this app feature only works for Y seats!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.