AY+ elite (unofficial) "soft perks"

Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:47 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
That's good to know, would be interesting to know why Remy needs to whip out AY card (ie why a physical OWE card is not enough for the perk to be extended).
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
i've got multiple times "oh its not free, you have to pay, it's only for biz passengers" My reply has always been "im your plat", never needed to pull out the card.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by intuition
That's good to know, would be interesting to know why Remy needs to whip out AY card (ie why a physical OWE card is not enough for the perk to be extended).
Could be e.g. a codeshare issue. Flying AY on a CX marketed ticket, the iphone has no clue about me being a AY+ Plat, even though it was on my reservation...
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Looks like Altea is getting even better at balancing a blocked seat next to me (or I haven’t paid any attention before) - it now also blocks seats in SH J. Had seats blocked on both HEL-MAD and MAD-HEL legs this weekend. HEL-MAD it was the only free seat, on the return flight plenty of availability.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by aapee
Looks like Altea is getting even better at balancing a blocked seat next to me (or I haven’t paid any attention before) - it now also blocks seats in SH J. Had seats blocked on both HEL-MAD and MAD-HEL legs this weekend. HEL-MAD it was the only free seat, on the return flight plenty of availability.
I'm sorry, but I must be misunderstanding something. Aren't middle seats always empty on SH J on the Airbus fleet?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
I'm sorry, but I must be misunderstanding something. Aren't middle seats always empty on SH J on the Airbus fleet?
Correct
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
The free drink policy for OWE/Plats is a little bit embarassing every now and then. When cabin crew hands out newspapers to me in the beginning of a flight I know I am ''recognized'' and will just order my drink without a hassle. They just give it to me without me having to pay for it.
However the embarassing part is when you order something and then your neighbour is asked for his/her choice.

What happened on my last flight was that my neigbour said: also a coke for me please. FA gave him a coke and said: ''that's 3 euro please''. At that moment neighbour started to make a fuss... ''Why are you charging me money? You gave him a free coke?''. FA trying to explain ''The passenger next to you is one of our loyal customers''.... and eventually the man decided to go for some (free) water instead. I felt quite embarassed throughout the entire flight. It was just a bit of a weird situation.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:28 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
They should put that down on the inflight menu card. One free drink for Plats, drink & snack for Lumos. Document it the same way they have done with the inflight wifi. No more room for misunderstandings and/or embarrassing moments to anyone, including the crew.
ffay005, florens, DALtoAAL and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Easy solution. Think all plats had a full row of Erikas and treat the lucky companions on the same row accordingly
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by lkrt
The policy has not changed: OWE’s are entitled to a free drink, although it is not proactively offered.
Nope.

Etu on tosiaan ollut aikaisemmin myös oneworld Emerald -jäsenille, mutta tämä etu poistui heiltä maaliskuussa 2017.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by esledo

Nope.

Here we go again. That is fake new even if communicated by AY CS. The Finnair representative in FT has confirmed that the perk continues. During the last 15 flights I have always received the perk. Some pursers on Norra’s ATRs have said that the customer manifest does not (always?) show the status and they have been very apolegtic about it. After showing the boarding pass with OWE everything has worked out perfectly and with a smile. It seems that there has been seem some errors in the internal communication and education resulting in wrong intepretation.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:18 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by esledo

Nope.

Indeed did CS say this. Also if you read a few posts downthread after that, it became imminent that this was a false statement, based on nothing.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:22 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by nordic
I got an answer from The FinnairPlus representative. She told that nothing has changed so OWEs continue to have the free drink perk.
This post to be exact. CS comes up with their own rules.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:32 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Middle seat is empty by default, but the neighbor seat as per seat map gets "blocked". That gives you 3 seats as AY doesn't use any middle seat tables in J, leaving the seat as it is.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by on22cz

Middle seat is empty by default, but the neighbor seat as per seat map gets "blocked". That gives you 3 seats as AY doesn't use any middle seat tables in J, leaving the seat as it is.
OK, thanks for the clarification! Though I'm still one of those who isn't really experiencing the seat block even on Y, let alone in J.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.