Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY+ elite (unofficial) "soft perks"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Clydez
How do i get some love from AY? they never send me anything, except the card.
If that makes you feel any better, you are not alone. Haven't received any gift from AY either.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:25 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
How do i get some love from AY? they never send me anything, except the card.
You need to only post nice things about them on here

Anyway, most tier members never get anything, No one really knows the selection criteria, but being HEL based *) and having all permission checked in profile might help.

*) And apparently now Ĺbo also gets some love.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Updating my profile... Clydeznen or Clydezmäki
remymartin likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Updating my profile... Clydeznen or Clydezmäki
You might be right! Steve, myself and you don't have Finnish names so we don't deserve Finnish Air gifts
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Clydezson in Ĺbo maybe.
FFlash and Clydez like this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
My last name is as Finnish as it gets. I’m based in Helsinki. I allow all communication, have entered my interests, never received anything.

Another thread hinted of a rating system, reading FT I start to believe it. FOMO!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by niksal
Another thread hinted of a rating system, reading FT I start to believe it. FOMO!
The info you get when GDPRing includes a "Airline customer value" -field. I'm sure that's the real tier that matters in these things.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:29 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by cistavoda
The info you get when GDPRing includes a "Airline customer value" -field. I'm sure that's the real tier that matters in these things.
Oh, we all need to GDPR them and start comparing!
cistavoda likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So is the free perk of a drink (and snack??) from the SkyBistro menu still offered in Y for oneworld elites? It is so confusing...I have never been offered it over the past several years, but honestly never knew to ask.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
OWE gets a free drink. (Most of the times you are not offered, but if you order something, they don't charge you) Free snack is only for Platinum Lumos.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:54 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
OWE gets a free drink. (Most of the times you are not offered, but if you order something, they don't charge you) Free snack is only for Platinum Lumos.
The free drink is not guaranteed for OWEs.
remymartin likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by esledo

The free drink is not guaranteed for OWEs.
Nope.
Y class free drink is a quaranteed perk for OWE (plus one companion) on all flights with Skybistro. It is not always actively offered as already mentioned above but will not be charged if you just raise your hand.

EDIT: and before anyone asks, the free/semi-free Internet connection is NOT extended to OWEs.
Steve_Hun likes this.

Last edited by ff_flyer; Feb 18, 2019 at 11:14 pm
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:19 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by ff_flyer
Nope.
Y class free drink is a quaranteed perk for OWE (plus one companion) on all flights with Skybistro. It is not always actively offered as already mentioned above but will not be charged if you just raise your hand.

EDIT: and before anyone asks, the free/semi-free Internet connection is NOT extended to OWEs.
I am 2 x OWE (BA and Finnair) and on several recent occasions the only way to get the free drink is through virtue of displaying the Finnair card should the booking be on another card. FAs now solely rely on what their crew iPhone says and according to the seat map I am OWZ (=zilch) when I fly with my BA card.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:40 am
Moderator, Finnair

That is a pretty sad handling on their part, So even if you would show the BA card, they would not extend the perk? (then it seems not only a "computer says no" problem, but also that the policy is changed to not cover OWE)
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
The policy has not changed: OWE’s are entitled to a free drink, although it is not proactively offered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.