Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY+ elite (unofficial) "soft perks"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by nordic
I got an answer from The FinnairPlus representative. She told that nothing has changed so OWEs continue to have the free drink perk.
So the word against word war goes on and OWEs may still get refused. How nice.

EDIT: One more round with AY CS, this time with chat:
Ohjeistuksessamme on mainittu pelkästään tuon edun kuuluvan Finnairin omille Platina tason jäsenille. On mahdollista, että konehenkilökunta tällaisen edun teille suo, mutta sitä en voi teille taata enkä luvata. Kysyminen koneessa ei ainakaan haitaksi ole.

Mukavaa syksyn alkua
EDIT2: Denied also via Twitter:

This Flyertalk FinnairPlusRep or whatever silent agent is sadly pretty alone with his/her info.
vulle, remymartin and on22cz like this.

Last edited by esledo; Sep 7, 2018 at 7:26 am
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:15 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Classic.

Some employees thinks
platinum Finnair plus platinum
Some employees thinks
platinum Finnair plus platinum oneWorld emerald
ffay005 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
My favourite part of the whole fiasco was that the CS agent very confidently wrote that this used to be a OWE benefit but it was discontinued. He or she was even very confident about the date.
ffay005 and esledo like this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Smile

Originally Posted by lkrt
My favourite part of the whole fiasco was that the CS agent very confidently wrote that this used to be a OWE benefit but it was discontinued. He or she was even very confident about the date.
"Täydellisen tietämättömyyden tuomalla varmuudella." Sorry folks, this really doesn't translate well!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by lkrt
Wasn't there a date when OWEs lost the unlimited use of wi-fi? I wonder if it happened last year.

Last edited by nordic; Sep 7, 2018 at 8:01 am
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:27 am

Wasn't there a date when OWE's lost the unlimited use of wi-fi? I wonder if it happened last year.
Yes that was indeed the 1st of April 2017.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
"Täydellisen tietämättömyyden tuomalla varmuudella." Sorry folks, this really doesn't translate well!
something like With all the certainty that the unbearable ignorance gives
DALtoAAL likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by esledo
So the word against word war goes on and OWEs may still get refused. How nice.
This Flyertalk FinnairPlusRep or whatever silent agent is sadly pretty alone with his/her info.
Having seen the first name and after googling I am pretty sure that the information was correct. The sad thing is that there are many ignorant agents and even though the benefit would have been abolished the internal information channels are not working as Most of us have received the drinks as usual.

There must be flyertalkers who have their own sources and contacts. Could anyone of use your own channels.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:14 am

Having seen the first name and after googling I am pretty sure that the information was correct. The sad thing is that there are many ignorant agents and even though the benefit would have been abolished the internal information channels are not working as Most of us have received the drinks as usual.

There must be flyertalkers who have their own sources and contacts. Could anyone of use your own channels.
I believe that many agree with me if I say that this is not how to run an airline (or any company for that matter) and its communications to customers and employees.

The customer service desk (call center, chat, social media), flight attendants and also airport staff are borderline customer service representatives who the customer primarily communicates with. They must have the correct and accurate information all the time. Period. If they do not know something, they find it out from a proper source instead of resorting into guessing.

This is at least what I was taught when I entered into a customer service position. Sadly, for some reason these simple principles do not realise that often, at least in airline business. Of course it is nice to have some insider knowledge etc. but that cannot be the only reliable source.
harri, ffay005 and remymartin like this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:47 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
This is at least what I was taught when I entered into a customer service position. Sadly, for some reason these simple principles do not realise that often
Likely because very few who enter that position sees it long term, important enough or even as a service position.. They might be junior marketing people looking for a stepping stone on the way up.

So they are all about writing catchy slogans (making the internal material full of useless buzzwords) and not at all about providing structure and logic to the customer service agents.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Free drink in Y is available for AY Plat, AY Lumo and OWE on flights where SkyBistro is availabe, additionally the perk can be extended to 1 travel companion.
Lumos are entitled to a free snack from SkyBistro.

Information is from a very frontline customer service employee (cabin FA) and clearly written on their online manuals.
Apparently CS has incorrect information or the perk has been removed on 2017 as mentioned above but the change was not passed to cabin service department.
Whatever, as long as cabin staff do offer a free drink there is no problem, in case of incertainty onboard ask them to check the manuals.
OTOH, many customer service people, including FA:s, are not fully familiar with differences between OW and AY+ and may misinterpret e.g. BA Gold (OWE) as equivalent to AY Gold, I have seen that happen.

Last edited by ff_flyer; Sep 8, 2018 at 2:00 am Reason: typos
Old Sep 8, 2018, 4:15 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Is the freeY drink _really_ such a big deal to so many of us as the amount of posts on the topic would suggest...just amazed..
Old Sep 8, 2018, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Is the freeY drink _really_ such a big deal to so many of us as the amount of posts on the topic would suggest...just amazed..
Maybe, maybe not but at this point it is irrelevant. What is unacceptable/disgusting/outrageous is AY’s way of communicating the (non-)existence of this perk.
harri, ffay005 and vulle like this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 4:42 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold

Maybe, maybe not but at this point it is irrelevant. What is unacceptable/disgusting/outrageous is AY’s way of communicating the (non-)existence of this perk.
I disagree, it is clearly documented for AY Plats. Other Emeralds may or may not get it, simple as that. OW is falling apart anyway, as are all alliances so this is a minor detail. One bloody drink..
intuition likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
One bloody drink..
Two drinks if travelling with someone else. And four drinks if that someone is OWE too. Per flight.@:-)
harri likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.