Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY+ elite (unofficial) "soft perks"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by nordic
Did the platinum desk say when the benefit was abolished.
No, but I can ask.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: LH SEN
So I received the following reply from AY, saying that the OWE drink benefit was abolished already in Mar 2017(!).

Etu on tosiaan ollut aikaisemmin myös oneworld Emerald -jäsenille, mutta tämä etu poistui heiltä maaliskuussa 2017.

Mukavaa alkanutta viikkoa!
florens and intuition like this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:13 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
"Finnair - inconsistently not serving free drinks to Emerald since 2017"
harri, ffay005, esledo and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by intuition
"Finnair - inconsistently not serving free drinks to Emerald since 2017"
And similarly inconsistent in serving free drinks to their own Platinum members, when flying on codeshare ticket...
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:57 pm

I’m both seriously worried and at the same time very pleased that the internal communication channels are so inefficient. This benefit has been and continues to be one of the most consistent features of the service concept. I’m sure that after this discussions they will send reminders of the oldish improvement.

It is now only AA who treats OWEs friendly. Lumos get snacks, platinums free drinks and OWEs are equal to AY+ basic.

What other benefits are left. Free blocking of seats NO. Free newspapers after newspapers will be electronic. First choice of meals? Premium check-in (usually on-line). Boarding in Group 1 (I rather stay last unless a lot of hand baggage) so hardly ever. Extra baggage (usually max 1, I have never checked two pieces). So the free drink was the benefit I used to take benefit of more often.

I spend a lot of money for AY. I would retain BA Gold for long-haul flights and HEL-LHR flights. Actually there is no longer hardly any specific reason to take AY flights if the cost is more than the competitors have. Of course occasional flights in order to use the creditcard earned points for upgrades.

and yes I’m a bit jelous of AY’s own elites and maybe that was the reason for the changes. And yes I’m whining for a 3 € smoothie or a 12 € champagne. To myself: get over it and choose the cheapest flight.
harri, esledo and Unsub like this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:18 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
AY Platinum perk is just 1 (one) drink when available.

Is that one drink really controlling your flights or flight planning?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
If you fly AY intra Europe, unfortunately there is not much choice in terms of class as flights in Business are too expensive so one is stuck in Y. If there we good fares in Business Class I would pay for that. When I am stuck in Y I like a benefit like drink and snack. Most flights are 2-3h long and often after work so a drink is needed ...
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:43 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by OH-LGG

Is ... one drink really controlling your flights or flight planning?
From what I've heard, some fellow FT'ers need multiple drinks first, and then they start booking AY flights at 4 am...
OH-LGG, vulle, florens and 5 others like this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by intuition
From what I've heard, some fellow FT'ers need multiple drinks first, and then they start booking AY flights at 4 am...
Yes, I know this urban legend about a guy who was already heavy loaded, wanted to fly and booked a flight at 4 AM for a same morning departure. Perhaps this Platinum perk, 1 drink, was in his mind.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
And similarly inconsistent in serving free drinks to their own Platinum members, when flying on codeshare ticket...
So did you book a ticket asking under Malev code?
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Not for about 6 years But I guess it would be the same experience, as it is flying AY under CX code
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by FFlash
Tread carefully, some of us DO have a MA Gold card in the drawer.

(just last week we find a package in our loft with the MA baggage label still attached )
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:39 am
Moderator, Finnair

Only a gold? I believe I have one platinum too.
I was soft-landed to gold just days before the collapse. IIRC the gold card arrived in the mail only after there was no more Duna Club!
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:36 am

I only have a "Blue" card from MA, but actually found two of those with different designs: one pre- and another one post-oneworld joining I've only really started to fly in 2011, but by that time I've long switched from MA to AY, as my cheapo AY flights never earned anything on MA
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:41 am

I got an answer from The FinnairPlus representative. She told that nothing has changed so OWEs continue to have the free drink perk.
harri, ffay005, DALtoAAL and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.