FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   AY+ elite (unofficial) "soft perks" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1574922-ay-elite-unofficial-soft-perks.html)

intuition Sep 10, 2015 3:50 am

Mere Golds will be forced to read flemmish. Finally there is incentive to go for plat. ;-)

On a more serious note, I wonder if this eventual change in recognition of plats will be extended to business cabin.

esledo Sep 10, 2015 4:11 am

I wouldn't hold my breath with this perk, and especially would like to see how consistent it will be in practise.

aapee Sep 10, 2015 4:54 am

Originally Posted by log6just (Post 25403630)
BTW: Air Berlin is offering free drink(s) for OW Emeralds, I witnessed this few weeks back on HEL - TXL flight.

this must be new?

remymartin Sep 10, 2015 5:08 am

Previously it has only been for AB Emeralds. I haven't had any luck myself.

Steve_Hun Sep 10, 2015 6:15 am

Originally Posted by remymartin (Post 25403841)
Previously it has only been for AB Emeralds. I haven't had any luck myself.

Not really surprised, my AY+ Gold / OWS doesn't even get me free exit row seat...

log6just Sep 10, 2015 6:21 am

...not aware of the rules, it was actually my first flight with AB, so don't know if they made a mistake. The stewardess just informed that since I am carrying an emerald card, you can drink free of charge. Unfortunately I had rental car waiting for me at my destination, so I had to stick with a single beer :-)

remymartin Sep 10, 2015 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun (Post 25404050)
Not really surprised, my AY+ Gold / OWS doesn't even get me free exit row seat...

You can by calling.

Steve_Hun Sep 10, 2015 6:58 am

Originally Posted by remymartin (Post 25404104)
You can by calling.

There goes 19€ out of the window... Asked them on Twitter and the CS rep replied that only normal seats are free for OWS, for XL seats (i.e. exit row), I have to pay...

Steve_Hun Sep 11, 2015 1:04 am

Originally Posted by remymartin (Post 25404104)
You can by calling.

Gave them a call, but it would have been still 19.99€ to book an XL seat for my segment where I did not already paid for it. It is apparently already "discounted", as normally it would cost 25.99€...

BTW, she wasn't really on the top of her game when it comes to ff statuses. Told her that I have an AY+ Gold / OWS card and when she was looking at my reservation, she was saying

Originally Posted by AirBerlin CS Rep
But Sir, you only have your Sapphire card added to your reservation! Would you like to add your Gold one instead?

:confused::confused::confused:

She non-the-less tried to add an XL seat, but the system was still showing it as a chargeable, so I decided to stick with a free one, as it is only an hour long flight.

harri Sep 11, 2015 2:17 am

Originally Posted by aapee (Post 25403807)
this must be new?

I've been also offered free drinks once either HEL-TXL or TXL-HEL, last February

wkndtraveler Sep 11, 2015 5:08 am

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun (Post 25408589)
Gave them a call, but it would have been still 19.99€ to book an XL seat for my segment where I did not already paid for it. It is apparently already "discounted", as normally it would cost 25.99€...

BTW, she wasn't really on the top of her game when it comes to ff statuses. Told her that I have an AY+ Gold / OWS card and when she was looking at my reservation, she was saying

:confused::confused::confused:

She non-the-less tried to add an XL seat, but the system was still showing it as a chargeable, so I decided to stick with a free one, as it is only an hour long flight.

Finnair.com clearly states that AY Gold / OWS / AY Plat / OWE are able to choose the seat for free.

"You can select a seat free of charge in the following cases:
- You’re travelling with a Business Class ticket.
- You’re travelling with a PRO/fully flexible ticket.
- You’re travelling with a Finnair Plus award ticket (window/aisle seats).
- You’re a Finnair Plus Platinum or Gold member.
- You’re travelling to or from Japan on a Finnair operated flight (window/aisle and front row seats).
- You are a oneworld Emerald or Sapphire member (reservations through Finnair Customer service)."

Also, Finnair Plus site states this:

"ADVANCE SEAT RESERVATION
You can reserve a seat through the Select Your Seat service free of charge."

For AY Silv / OWR the list of benefits include this:

"ADVANCE SEAT RESERVATION
You’ll get a 50% discount from advance seat reservations for scheduled Finnair flights at the Select Your Seat service (excluding seats with extra legroom)."

So, as Gold you should be able to reserve a seat w/ extra legroom for free.

esledo Sep 11, 2015 5:19 am

What has finnair.com to do when it comes selecting seats with AirBerlin? :confused:

intuition Sep 11, 2015 5:50 am

Maybe we shouldn't discuss Air Berlin in a thread regarding AY?

Steve_Hun Sep 11, 2015 6:52 am

Originally Posted by intuition (Post 25409317)
Maybe we shouldn't discuss Air Berlin in a thread regarding AY?

Sorry for the off topic...

niksal Sep 11, 2015 11:17 am

The free drink seems to be inspired by what SAS does for their Diamonds. A bit dull that airlines only copy eachother. Who wants to be that within a year Finnair also provides newspapers via their app?

Would it really be so difficult for Finnair to just say "all inclusive" for plats in economy? That would probably be perceived a real perk, and something a bit different.

For the record, I'll probably never be plat so I'm not biased in that sense.