AY+ elite (unofficial) "soft perks"

Old Sep 9, 18, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Got a K-Plussa black! S-card remains green :D
Originally Posted by esledo View Post

Two drinks if travelling with someone else. And four drinks if that someone is OWE too. Per flight.
Suddenly the seatblock became Ēblocked for ErikaĒ or even also her sisters
Old Nov 16, 18, 5:58 am
Original Poster

The seatblock, unofficial or hidden, works nicely still I admit on all other flights but the ATRís are really annoying. I often get someone with me even though there are plenty of free seats left. I just wonder what is the logic overriding this perk when it happens. If I knew it the I could plan to avoid it happen.
Old Nov 16, 18, 6:39 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, A3*G, 1865 Voyager, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD
Ping me when you've found out the logic. Because for me it only works when flying DY. That is one heck of a business rule they've implemented!
Old Nov 16, 18, 2:56 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, Norwegian Reward
Originally Posted by FFlash View Post
overriding this perk
Impossible to override perk which does not exist.
Old Nov 16, 18, 4:57 pm

Programs: AY Plat Basic
Originally Posted by OH-LGG View Post
Impossible to override perk which does not exist.
Oh you are so wrong...
Old Nov 16, 18, 11:17 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by FFlash View Post
The seatblock, unofficial or hidden, works nicely still I admit on all other flights but the ATRís are really annoying. I often get someone with me even though there are plenty of free seats left. I just wonder what is the logic overriding this perk when it happens. If I knew it the I could plan to avoid it happen.
On ATRs it might be weights and balances thing.
Old Nov 17, 18, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by juhanh View Post
On ATRs it might be weights and balances thing.
This the only reason I can see. Maybe when checkin is finished, the system proposes weight balances and/or checkin agent bumps some random nonstatus people to other seats and then I have a confused parntner next to me.
Old Nov 20, 18, 5:26 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, Radisson Gold, Accor Platinum, BT Executive
Usually, the seat block only kicks in a couple of days before the flight (used to be at the beginning of check in, but for example now the block is there already on my DUS flight on Thursday). If somebody reserves a seat next to you before that, there's no block. I always check the seat map a couple of days before the flight and change, if there's somebody next to me. Would say recently I've had about 90% success rate, much better than before.
remymartin and manywhere like this.
Old Nov 21, 18, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by nordic View Post
I got an answer from The FinnairPlus representative. She told that nothing has changed so OWEs continue to have the free drink perk.
During the last 10 flights (Iím more active with BA) there has been no problem with a free drink. Once the status was not updated in the manifest but after showing the boarding pass the service was normal. Once it was kind of funny and akward at the same time. The purser said so you will have a black coffee and a champagne as before. I nodded and was pleased.
Old Nov 26, 18, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Some FAís are really upping the service touch game. I whispered nicely during stepping onboard if they have coffeepot hot and immediately the FA was on track. I sat down further and once boarding complete he came right after to me discreetly with a coffee as if he guessed I am one of those idiots who need pampering
next to aisle guy looked at me who the vip I am

Not expecting a new rule but this kind of small albeit stupid little things make the touch, kudos!
napapiiri likes this.
Old Nov 26, 18, 2:04 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Platsku, FB, SBB GA, SPG, ACCOR, Coop card, Aligro Card, Starbucks Gold
My first LH J flight as a Platsku was:

1) Purser came over to small talk and repeated what the captain said prior to take off.
2) Did not get to place meal orders before anyone else (seats in front - Row 4 - were taken by a younger couple who clearly were U/G'd, got their orders taken before me and one other Platske sitting behind me.
3) Second meal round before hitting ORD I was among the first to place my order and to be served (seated in Row 5)
4) More small talk by the purser before arriving.
Old Dec 5, 18, 6:07 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Platsku, FB, SBB GA, SPG, ACCOR, Coop card, Aligro Card, Starbucks Gold
My second LH J flight as a Platsku was:

1) Purse came over and small talked. Was told to reach out to her if there was anything I needed during the flight as I was a highly valued customer with AY
2) First to get my meal choice. I don't eat fish, so this was a plus even though it seems like everyone around me ordered the fish starter :-)
3) Asked for a blanket (as there was none at my seat at boarding) during the first 20 min of the flight out of ORD. The purser frantactly looked for one came over and removed the plastic wrapping.
4) Just before landing the purser came over again and thanked me for flying AY.

Over all a bit more what I had expected compared to the initial flight.

All were done in Swedish (I always ask if it should be in English or Swedish before asking anything, as Swedish may not be the prefered language of the crew).
Old Dec 6, 18, 11:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nordic View Post
During the last 10 flights (Iím more active with BA) there has been no problem with a free drink. Once the status was not updated in the manifest but after showing the boarding pass the service was normal. Once it was kind of funny and akward at the same time. The purser said so you will have a black coffee and a champagne as before. I nodded and was pleased.
Yes, can say the same. Drink, newspaper & 1/2h of complimentary internet all work nicely 👍
Old Dec 11, 18, 11:39 am

Last week I got a very nice and discreet welcome when the sales trolley arrived at my seat. The purser just said Welcome again to our flights. Momentarily I knew that she knew that I am OWE so no fuzz with the free drink.