AY+ elite (unofficial) "soft perks"

Old May 29, 14, 11:12 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Plat, BA Silver, HHonors/Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by remymartin View Post
That doesn't sound like an OWB benefit - rather, the FA has a crush on you
Exactly!

If they really start manually holding the overhead bins for Silvers.....well, I will get my coat..Silvers can't even pre-book seats for free..
Old May 29, 14, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
Oh, I wish it was that

Sorry for the confusion above created by my profile showing silver. I am AY Gold nowadays. Will update.
Old Sep 25, 14, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Last sh, flight attendant came to chat to my exit seat during boarding. It could have been my charm that did it, could have been a note from briefing
Old Nov 4, 14, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by superpahkina View Post

Will try that at June when first AY l/h with a black plastic.
Did you try? Or anyone else trying magic black card to enter lounge on arrival or flying non-oneworld?

I had this in mind on my last flight arriving in HEL (with no other purpose but to test if access or no), but then I forgot to go into lounge and instead paced way routinely downstairs!
Old Nov 4, 14, 12:24 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Flew HEL-CDG Sunday and CDG-HEL just now. No free newspaper offered.
Old Nov 5, 14, 1:24 am

Programs: AY Plat
Originally Posted by SPBanker View Post
Flew HEL-CDG Sunday and CDG-HEL just now. No free newspaper offered.
Yes, exactly. Inconsistent service. And where could the problem be this time?
Old Nov 5, 14, 2:20 am
Original Poster

But but, isn't the free newspaper a "soft perk", not an official perk?
Old Nov 5, 14, 4:29 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by FFlash View Post
But but, isn't the free newspaper a "soft perk", not an official perk?
Yes, hence I wrote about that in this thread.
Old Nov 5, 14, 2:09 pm

Programs: AY Plat
Ok, my semi-bad.
Old Nov 5, 14, 2:21 pm

Programs: AY,SK,SU,M&M,HH,IHG,Le
Originally Posted by FFlash View Post
Did you try? Or anyone else trying magic black card to enter lounge on arrival or flying non-oneworld?
Yes I tried. No problemo to get into non-schengen lounge on arrival (lh or sh) since then. But I've had a domestic fly ahead every time...
Old Nov 12, 14, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Maybe we should add clumsy but funny status recognition as an AY soft perk? It seems to be consistent on those rare occasions I have received it but makes me smile every single time

The most recent experience is from Monday when I flew HEL-LHR in Y. FA delivering newspapers was studying hard the passenger manifest and then approached me and offered newspaper because "You are almost highest AY+ tier level". This same message was repeated word by word to two other pax sitting also in exit row seats.
Old Nov 13, 14, 2:25 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Gold, Scandic L2
On L/H, there must be a competition among FA on who can hand out the noise-cancelling headset in the fastest and most inconspicuous way to the Finnair elites in economy class

Aah, that one time I got a free glass of Champagne and explicit thanks for my loyalty... as a a mere Finnair Silver on AY72. Those were the days
Old Nov 13, 14, 7:10 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Kulta (OW Sapphire), FB, SBB GA, Bonvoy Gold, ACCOR, Coop card, Aligro Card, Porsche Club Suisse
Originally Posted by Courmisch View Post
Aah, that one time I got a free glass of Champagne and explicit thanks for my loyalty... as a a mere Finnair Silver on AY72. Those were the days
Funny how some things are considered a perk with some airlines while with others it's standard (regardless of FF status)

Thinking AF and free champagne in Y on L/H flights
Old Nov 21, 14, 6:39 pm

Programs: AY PLT, AA PLT, DL FO, LH, EK, TK, IHG PLT w/AMB, Marriott Silver
I fly AY long hauls pretty seldom, so I'm not familiar with their procedures and soft-perks, but I have to say that I was pretty impressed with my HEL-BKK flight few days ago. Firstly, when I got to my cattle class seat 41A, I found that the crew had placed J-class headsets on my seat for me. Secondly, after I got off from the jetway in BKK, the ground staff had a sign with a list of names of premium pax, mine included. When I approached them, they handed me a fast pass for priority immigration lane, which really helped as I stood in immigration line less than 60 seconds! These are small touches, but at least for me they brought some added value to my trip.

Last edited by DALtoAAL; Nov 21, 14 at 6:40 pm Reason: Typo
Old Nov 22, 14, 5:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, BW Plt, AY, M&M, FB G, CX Gold, AX Plat, CC gold, Le Club plt, Scandic 2nd floor
Unfortunately I have no own experience of AY soft perks, but I witnessed on my recent fly to DXB that gold/plat member (dont know which as he had both luggage tags..) sitting other side of the aisle received of course free newspaper but also free use of the tablet-entertainment system with headphones!

Nothing for OWS members....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: