Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY+ elite (unofficial) "soft perks"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2016, 2:52 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
NoRRA has beverages onboard. Should I try my luck? Last Friday I bought a bottle of white wine and paid using AY Plat Diners... Did not notice any comment or raise an eyebrow. Had to pay.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
IIRC you are not allowed to buy alcoholic beverages on domestic flights before 9am!
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
One can find the answer in my previous post:
Ok. But now you have seen how much AY cares about one's loalty.

In case of AY I have given up with this personal greeting etc. stuff a long time ago as normally the onboard experience has been pretty much the same for AY Silver or AY Plat.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 2:10 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Yesterday was a first for me as a OWE I have allways called gold or Plat line, yesterday they suggested I call the regular line instead after a DYKWIA moment they agreed to help me I am just kidding about DYKWIA just pointed out I am indeed double OwE just not ay

Then on norra a very cold reception nonpaper no drink but the gent beside me was offered both so must have been a genuine plat
Old Mar 5, 2016, 3:37 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Ah, good to finally see some efffort to distingusih us real plats from the OW riff-raff
Old Mar 5, 2016, 4:02 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by intuition
Ah, good to finally see some efffort to distingusih us real plats from the OW riff-raff
Hear, hear!
Old Mar 6, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
Today on AY flight TXL-HEL newspapers were offered after the safety demo prior to departure, "As you are a loyal customer we want to offer you reading of your choice."

I was not offered any chargeable beverages for free, but did not ask either.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Soon it will be like this on all OW airlines which is not so great I think AA had it right where free snack and drink for OWE is provided 👍👍

More is more

But dont get me started I would have bought the sk feeder if possible but alas it was not a choise this time
Old Mar 6, 2016, 2:24 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
When BA number on reservation, newspaper on many flights, never with my AY number after down from Plat...never been offered a drink in Y, though, but then again I have never asked for anything that is not free for all.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 2:07 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by kauppias

More is more
Absolutely! As long as I get the most

We're only yanking your chain, you know. OW is the alliance that should have the best conditions to work as an alliance. I believe they have some master alliance documents controlling the co-operations, while *A is a weave of bilateral agreements. But we all know AY is a much better alliance partner than say BA.

I think OW should have their own Quality Assurance team, doing actual checks on how the alliance works from a traveller perspective.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
hehe, OTOH the riff-raff folks have the class system in place even for higher class OWEs which we don't have on AY plat

but hey, we AY plats can always pretend "I look down on him, because he is Gold class"
cough...I know my place...
Old Mar 7, 2016, 2:19 pm

Thumbs up

Absolutely! As long as I get the most

We're only yanking your chain, you know. OW is the alliance that should have the best conditions to work as an alliance. I believe they have some master alliance documents controlling the co-operations, while *A is a weave of bilateral agreements. But we all know AY is a much better alliance partner than say BA.

I think OW should have their own Quality Assurance team, doing actual checks on how the alliance works from a traveller perspective.
Yeah I know you are

I just did 6 AY segments this weekend and I must say I felt zero love zero appreciation

The feeling I got was a very LCC experience, before with flybe operated flights I atleast got a smile and a paper, now I just get passed over. It does not bother me as I can read in the lounges but honestly it does make a diffrerence when choosing who I fly my europe SH with.

I tried to understand what logic AY uses but it beats me soft perks dont cost alot but they sure can bring in business.

On AA for instance if I sm unlucky enough to sit in Y I still eat and drink for free as a OWE and slightly more as EXP, I allways appreciate that
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, OWE
Well...not a soft perk maybe, but I just booked a flight combo to LAX and as I went to see for my seat on the ORD-LAX leg, I saw that I had a first class seat assigned to me.
I booked the whole trip in J.

So there's that. Not going to complain
Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by The_Director
Well...not a soft perk maybe, but I just booked a flight combo to LAX and as I went to see for my seat on the ORD-LAX leg, I saw that I had a first class seat assigned to me.
I booked the whole trip in J.

So there's that. Not going to complain
Just remember that intra-American First is not quite the same as Etihad First, for example.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, OWE
Originally Posted by lkrt
Just remember that intra-American First is not quite the same as Etihad First, for example.
I do

But...I might get to experience the Flagship Check-in

It's a tight turn in ORD, so that could come handy.

I believe the A321T First is close to the 777 Business...I'll be able to compare since my return will be LAX-LHR with the 777.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.