Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY+ elite (unofficial) "soft perks"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2015, 1:02 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
It takes some drinking before I'm considered good looking. Sadly AY staff rarely drinks on the job

I remember vaguely one night when Remymartin assisted me to an establishment on Yrjönkatu where alcohol was consumed and I ended up showing my platinum card to some lovely ladies and I did feel appreciated!

But in the realm of Finnair, I am mostly lucky on the phone.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by intuition
I remember vaguely one night when Remymartin assisted me to an establishment on Yrjönkatu where alcohol was consumed and I ended up showing my platinum card to some lovely ladies and I did feel appreciated!
If you can remember, it was not such a hoot after all! And the "lovely ladies" probably mistook your Plat card it for a credit card :P
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:14 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
If you can remember, it was not such a hoot after all! And the "lovely ladies" probably mistook your Plat card it for a credit card :P
Maybe it was the AY+ Diners Club card
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:02 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Haha, no it was the all black ordinary card. But maybe they just wanted to see my name for the police report
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:44 am
Moderator, Finnair

It has been brought to my attention that Yrjönkatu is the home of an establishment where you indeed will get the full attention of the lovely ladies, and for the right kind of money they will show you a lot of appreciation, delivering a warm and personal service in a one-on-one session. While they might be experts in status recognition, possibly for less money than AY charges, I wouldn't go so far as to claim it to be an unofficial soft perk of AY+. Mostly because we apparently went to a perfectly conventional place on Annankatu.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
Originally Posted by intuition
Mostly because we apparently went to a perfectly conventional place on Annankatu.
With remymartin ? 50/50 maybe
Old Dec 13, 2015, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Maybe it was the AY+ Diners Club card
Well, this weekend I was in a bar full of beautiful people (+ myself) and the black AY DC card DID attract some female attention, somewhat to my surprise - but then I remembered this thread.

Truth be told, it's a fine looking card! And earns 3 points/€, which made the pain of paying 18€ for a drink of Talisker just a bit less painful
Old Dec 13, 2015, 11:38 pm

Well, this weekend I was in a bar full of beautiful people (+ myself) and the black AY DC card DID attract some female attention, somewhat to my surprise - but then I remembered this thread.

Truth be told, it's a fine looking card! And earns 3 points/€, which made the pain of paying 18€ for a drink of Talisker just a bit less painful
Sounds like I'd better get myself one of those cards, as I wouldn't mind some more attention from the ladies
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Sounds like I'd better get myself one of those cards, as I wouldn't mind some more attention from the ladies
You need to make AY Plat first - the Gold DC card is not as cool looking at all.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:21 am

You need to make AY Plat first - the Gold DC card is not as cool looking at all.
As long as AY+ doesn't change earnings for CX L/M class & AA cheapo Y flights, that is the plan for next year.

Already have a few trips booked, one to SIN and another one to Tokyo w/ CX, each earning ~28K and an AA trip to the Caribbean for ~20K.

As the CX flights are around 500 a piece, I might take a few more in a true MR style, w/o actually staying at the destination to reach AY Plat
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by cistavoda
Did not need it as they have bar service on request if there's time and they like your face! (TLL, TKU, TMP)
damn. must test this
Old Dec 18, 2015, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Free change of award tix

I booked a couple of award tix over the phone and each time the agent mentioned, that because the points are coming from my (Plat) account, date changes are free, routing changes incur recalculated fees/points. I don't know if this is a Plat perk or general elite perk, but nice one.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 4:41 am

Yesterday's HEL-BUD flight turned out to be a full economy flight (I guess no one took the upgrade offer) and based on the call for priority boarding, it was only the two of us, with any sort of status on the flight (AY Gold and Silver).

Despite this, there was absolutely no further status recognition, as in no paper, no greeting (with which both I'm fine with), but also no seat blocking. I'd have been alright with that should the plane be full (we were sitting on 11 D & E in emergency exit row), but A-C in row 12 was completely empty and B-C of row 11 was also empty, so why not to keep 11F blocked, that is beyond my understanding...
Old Dec 22, 2015, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I booked a couple of award tix over the phone and each time the agent mentioned, that because the points are coming from my (Plat) account, date changes are free, routing changes incur recalculated fees/points. I don't know if this is a Plat perk or general elite perk, but nice one.
I don't know either if this is normal rules, but good to know. The 50€ penalty on cancelling an award is a bit nasty, but may be one of the reasons why award availability is quite ok as people don't book seats "just-in-case" a la SAS free cancel
Old Dec 27, 2015, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I got confirmed another new "soft perk" from an AY rep: the limo service for TMP, TKU hops should be guaranteed for Plats from HEL if flight is cancelled. I heard this after some negotiation over ground staff who told to wait 2 hours for bus and I insisted on having better treatment as one of AY's most valuable customer - after few roundabouts finally got a taxi voucher and the comment from a AY lady "yes you will now know next time if it happens you should have a ride"

EDIT: well, it would be interesting to see if you could ask the limo to drive directly to Loimaa. Or Salo/Hämeenlinna. Then you might think of booking the return to TKU/TMP instead of HEL (just in case price being quite same as it sometimes is) if you know what I mean...

Last edited by FFlash; Dec 27, 2015 at 1:05 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.