FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   Reports on Hard product upgrades (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1553326-reports-hard-product-upgrades.html)

intuition Feb 19, 2014 12:52 pm

Reports on Hard product upgrades

Maybe we should start monitoring indications of the "new" J seats being installed? I just got changed seats maps on flights.

I am now getting "new" J seat config for plane type "A340-300"

http://i62.tinypic.com/whgrwx.jpg

I also had a A330-booking turn into "new" config today, but that could be equipment swap.

OH-LGG Feb 19, 2014 1:16 pm

Yes, that is new C with 45 seats.

intuition Feb 19, 2014 1:25 pm

So which A340 is out of the loop right now?
(I know OH-LTO is hiding somewhere, but all of LQB-LQE seems to be flying more or less)

OH-LGG Feb 19, 2014 1:36 pm

That A340 -map, which day is it?

LTO is in Dresden.

intuition Feb 19, 2014 1:50 pm

A340 is in late may and early june, can PM you details. It was showing as normal seat map a few days ago. I have a A330-300 in early april that swapped seat map during the exact same time frame.

highpeaklad Feb 19, 2014 4:56 pm

Reports on Hard product upgrades

My AY69 in October has changed to new J and showing type 343

OH-LGG Feb 19, 2014 10:30 pm

I have BKK in December / January and showing old seatmap with 7 rows of C. A340.

Peregrine415 Feb 19, 2014 10:34 pm

AY6 28 February, new J. Yay! AY69 3 March, old J.

Ed Size Feb 20, 2014 1:24 am

It s nice to know that there is a progress. But could someone say which plane are retrofitted and where it most likely goes?

I m need to go to BKK at least twice from June to Oct. and it only shows A340 - is there a chance to get new seats?

If not I probably choose OS.

hotpaws Feb 20, 2014 1:35 am

I have just checked my bookings to BKK in July - not only no new seats, but now looks like the ex-AF birds are doing all the BKK runs!. When I booked (and the reason I booked via BKK) all flights were A330 with new seats. Very disappointing.

Ed Size Feb 20, 2014 2:11 am

Originally Posted by hotpaws (Post 22382368)
I have just checked my bookings to BKK in July - not only no new seats, but now looks like the ex-AF birds are doing all the BKK runs!. When I booked (and the reason I booked via BKK) all flights were A330 with new seats. Very disappointing.

You are kidding:mad: So no Platinum status this year:(

I just checked the flights for the first week of June, all on the ex AF planes - what a f***

Does anyone knows if there are days when the ex AF planes are not going to BKK in June, July or August?

intuition Feb 20, 2014 2:21 am

Originally Posted by Ed Size (Post 22382345)
It s nice to know that there is a progress. But could someone say which plane are retrofitted and where it most likely goes?

My aim is to collect data on when each plane individual is retrofitted. If I succeed, I will keep a log somwhere on FT.
Predicting where they will fly is impossible without inside info from operations.

Ed Size Feb 20, 2014 6:59 am

Just got the information out of Finland, that AY will use only the "old ladies" during the summer to BKK.

At least everybody who is going elsewhere is safe :)

OH-LGG Feb 20, 2014 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Ed Size (Post 22383387)
Just got the information out of Finland, that AY will use only the "old ladies" during the summer to BKK.

At least everybody who is going elsewhere is safe :)

Sorry, but they are not safe. BKK daily 89/90 need only one "old lady". ;) Old Lady #2 is free to SIN, HKG, PVG, HAN and NGO. :D

aster Feb 26, 2014 8:18 am

Just curious but which are the best seats for a single traveller? Even numbered rows on the left or any seat on the right?