Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2022, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: miamiflyer8
When you reach 200.000 tier points within a tracking period. you will receive what we call a milestone gift. After this, you will receive a gift when you reach each 100.000 points level.

In May 2022:
200.000 receives 40.000 award points or certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
300.000 receives 60.000 award points or certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
400.000 receives 100.000 award points or certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
500.000 receives 100.000 award points or a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
600.000 receives 100.000 award points or a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
700.000 receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
800.000 receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
900.000 receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
1 Million wait for it! receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
So, safe to assume this goes on indefinitely.

Print Wikipost

Rimowa and other gifts to AY Plats

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
No, they haven't - I also hit 200k in Sept and went proactively to the gift side the day it posted. 40k was on my account the next day.

Otherwise you'll get an email at the beginning of the following month (ie these days) with the link inside.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update - the email "Thank you for being an active Finnair Plus member - choose your Finnair Plus Platinum gift" came today, so it's more in the middle than the beginning of the month after you hit the milestone.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
500k tier point gift

So - 40k points (or some other reward if you so choose) for reaching 200k tier points in a year.
60k points for reaching 300k tier points in a year.
100k points for reaching 400k tier points in a year.
Pattern is clear. Until reaching 500k you get a selection of the following. Does anyone know what 600k will bring? A selection between a paper clip and a pencil sharpener perhaps?
Attached Images  
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Trav1970
anyone know what 600k will bring? A selection between a paper clip and a pencil sharpener perhaps?
A knit kit I guess. Stay home and just read Finnair forum on Flyertalk if you don't know how to knit.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Those 500k gifts are pure rubbish. But I wonder what the average 500k Platinum flyer would actually want. Surely he has enough points, and probably flies in J anyway, so vouchers wouldn't be that useful, either. A gift card to, say, Stockmann might be a nice way of saying thank you, but the amount would need to be rather high so it would be costly. And not all Plats are based in Finland. Then again, if they gave a gift such as "free J ticket to anywhere in Europe", it would directly cut their revenue as the pax would fly anyway, and now gets to fly for free.

Also, FT is not the right place to discuss this because we would be all in for more points and upgrades, but like I said, the average multi-Plat probably wouldn't.

So what should they do? What should they give out?

I for one think that the Rimowa was a very nice gift. High quality, related to travelling, very useful, works worldwide. I wish I had gotten one...
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's no such thing as too many points!

Having said that, I'd forego the 200/300k gift points without batting an eyelid for a Rimowa alu rollaboard (though what would I do with a new one every year? Huuto.net?)
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
I'll happily receive any of the Balmuir scarves on offer. PM please.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Anyone else got tickets to see hockey?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by cistavoda
Anyone else got tickets to see hockey?
I got tickets to U20 ice hockey tournament couple months ago. Hand written address and name in envelope and thank you -note inside. These are the little things that I really appreciate.
cistavoda likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Leo123
I got tickets to U20 ice hockey tournament couple months ago. Hand written address and name in envelope and thank you -note inside. These are the little things that I really appreciate.
I think these types on examples of PERSONAL attention are GREAT!
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:08 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
They never gave the Rimowas every year, back in the days we got those trolleys the Plat tracking period was 24 months.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:27 pm
R2

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
They never gave the Rimowas every year, back in the days we got those trolleys the Plat tracking period was 24 months.
It depended on how much you flew. The tracking period was 24-months but it was re-set every time you hit 300k. You could get one every year or more often. Also, back then they used to deliver the Plat pack personally every time you renewed.

Last edited by R2; Nov 4, 2017 at 2:25 am
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:35 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by R2
It depended on how much you flew. The tracking period was 24-months but it was re-set every time you hit 300k. You could get one every year or more often. Also, back then they used to deliver the Plat pack personally every time you renewed.
Yes, those were the days. The way I did, as Emerald was secured for long time with AY, I tended to credit 300k/24m to AY and the rest to AA/BA where there was more bang available per point/mile.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:37 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Just to set expectations, as one might get the wrong impression of this thread. As I qualify via segments to plat I have never received anything more than the official perks. I’m not expecting it either, I have only been 2 years plat, but some might read this thread and think all plats receive extras.
CeruleanBlue likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I think extras are only for those reaching certain thresholds beyond Platinum anyway.

Are you implying that there are no further thresholds for segments in your experience? (not sure how many people would reach those anyway)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.