Old May 4, 2022, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: miamiflyer8
When you reach 200.000 tier points within a tracking period. you will receive what we call a milestone gift. After this, you will receive a gift when you reach each 100.000 points level.

In May 2022:
200.000 receives 40.000 award points or certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
300.000 receives 60.000 award points or certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
400.000 receives 100.000 award points or certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
500.000 receives 100.000 award points or a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
600.000 receives 100.000 award points or a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
700.000 receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
800.000 receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
900.000 receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
1 Million wait for it! receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
So, safe to assume this goes on indefinitely.

Print Wikipost

Rimowa and other gifts to AY Plats

Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:23 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Glad you liked the idea - yes, I was partly serious, partly joking. (I mean, if Helsingin Sanomat can do the "kropp och själ" portrait series, clearly my theme idea is acceptable...)

A calendar or photo book of any travel theme is a solid idea and pretty easy to pull off. We need 12 FT'ers to each provide 1 picture within the theme, some funding to make the prints and someone to make deliveries.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
Hey! Isn't this supposed to be the season of giving ?!

Let's all come together on a present to Finnair plus. How about a FT-calendar featuring all their beloved loyal frequent flyers, scantily clad? OH-LGG clearly is Mr December, but the rest of the months are up for grabs.
You mean their beloved loyal frequent flyers fetching cold beers from the premium lounge for the sauna?

I like the idea, too! (Whether the theme is this or something else.)
Old Nov 17, 2016, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
To the title of this topic - I'd LOVE to forego the 40k or the 60k points for a two-wheeled, AY branded Rimowa roll-on. Now my roll-on is unbranded and the checked luggage is Lufthansa branded
Old Nov 17, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: AY Lumo.
Originally Posted by SPBanker
No X-mas gifts for this Plat. Maybe I've been bad?
If so, I've been a bad plat too.

Maybe the gifts are still on their way?
Old Nov 20, 2016, 4:23 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
To the title of this topic - I'd LOVE to forego the 40k or the 60k points for a two-wheeled, AY branded Rimowa roll-on. Now my roll-on is unbranded and the checked luggage is Lufthansa branded
Yeah the aluminium Rimowas rock, in that way little glad I'm old enough to get those back in the 300k/24month days, both the 2 wheelie (heavy usage) and 4 wheelie (much lighter usage) still going strong and Rimowa spares/repairs work like a clock, too, if needed.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I would strongly value those Rimowas, I am still zealous of them and made my first ever plat hunting with that in mind since more than 3 years ago and since then I remain plat and still expecting to get that Rimowa so please AY take a look at how big loyalty factor that wheelie can attract instead of those meager extra points now and then etc.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / OWE
Just received today an email from AY as I achieved 200K in the beginning of January

Gifts offered were:
4 sh upgrades
40K points
40K donation to charity (lastenklinikan kummit)
Annual subscription of Viini-lehti
Urbanears On-ear Plattan ADV Wireless headphones
Balmuir Avignon scarf

The next gift level will be when reaching 300K

Instead of these gifts offered, I decided to get 50K points
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems to be systematic - email sent on 9-10th of the month after hitting the threshold.

How did you get the 50k when 40k was offered? Called to haggle?

(I also chose the points when I hit 200k and 300k for the simple reason that points don't expiry while Plat, but u/g vouchers do. So when I hit 300k with 2 months left on my qualifying period, I would've been hard pressed to find usage)
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I just wish that we who fly a lot of segments but not a lot of points would get this type of recognition as well. Anything crossing 100 or perhaps 120 segments?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by niksal
I just wish that we who fly a lot of segments but not a lot of points would get this type of recognition as well. Anything crossing 100 or perhaps 120 segments?
That's actually very interesting - are you listening, AY?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 12:18 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / OWE
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Seems to be systematic - email sent on 9-10th of the month after hitting the threshold.

How did you get the 50k when 40k was offered? Called to haggle?

(I also chose the points when I hit 200k and 300k for the simple reason that points don't expiry while Plat, but u/g vouchers do. So when I hit 300k with 2 months left on my qualifying period, I would've been hard pressed to find usage)
I have few upcoming LH flights which I have upgraded using points.
I choosed to take 4 sh vouchers as a gift. Will call AY and ask them to upgrade on leg using those 4 sh vouchers as a 1 lh up and refund back 50K points to my account
Have done this earlier and there shouldn't be any problem with this.

I'm not sure did I somehow misread the thread, but was there earlier some gift also when reaching 250K? Now only 200K, 300K, 400K etc.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by finhub
I'm not sure did I somehow misread the thread, but was there earlier some gift also when reaching 250K? Now only 200K, 300K, 400K etc.
No, only 200k, 300k etc.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by finhub
Will call AY and ask them to upgrade on leg using those 4 sh vouchers as a 1 lh up and refund back 50K points to my account
Have done this earlier and there shouldn't be any problem with this.

you sure this works? not allowed and should not work, you should get 1 LH voucher back
Old Feb 11, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by niksal
No. Unfair. We choose to fly AY 10 times as often as most of those who qualify by flying long-haul. Our loyalty is much higher but there is no similar reward.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 2:13 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Hey!
You get 100 free newspapers, 100 free drinks, 100 nice chats with the purser.
I don't get any of that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.