Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair seat selection as One World Emerald

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair seat selection as One World Emerald

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by AJ747M
Just tried to book exit rows as Oneworld Sapphire (Cathay). Agent said they appeared as chargeable. Should I try call again (online seat selection not working)? I booked through BA's website when purchasing the tickets...
Just an idea - weren't you trying to book one of those front-row Comfort seats on long-haul flight? Those would be chargeable for OWS. Otherwise, call again.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
Originally Posted by on22cz
Just an idea - weren't you trying to book one of those front-row Comfort seats on long-haul flight? Those would be chargeable for OWS. Otherwise, call again.
Nope, I am aware those are chargeable. Will call again - thanks.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:09 am
SCS

Originally Posted by andox
Data point:
I (OWE) was successfully able to select Economy Comfort seats on HEL-ORD by calling in this morning, but my traveling companion (OWS on a separate reservation) could only be assigned a regular economy seat. Last year, in the exact same situation, I had no problem selecting an Economy Comfort seat for her as well. According to the Finnair phone agent, Sapphires now must wait until T-24 for free Economy Comfort selection.
Can anyone confirm/deny whether OWS gets free economy comfort at T-24? Certainly it is chargeable before that window.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by SCS
Can anyone confirm/deny whether OWS gets free economy comfort at T-24? Certainly it is chargeable before that window.
Afaik this depends on the load factor.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by SCS
Originally Posted by cistavoda
Afaik this depends on the load factor.
Never seen option to select comfort seats for free during OLCI ( even after T-24). Should this be requested over phone or other way ?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: AY Platinum/OWE
Originally Posted by SCS
At the end of last year, I was consistently able to select economy comfort at OLCI with AY Gold/OWS (immediately at 36h when OLCI opened) on 6 LH segments free of charge.

However, one of those times my phone was having some bug and I tried to do OLCI on my laptop first, online. There, economy comfort was showing the regular fee. I tried again after fixing the phone, and the app allowed selection for free.

Later, I checked with CS who verified that the free economy comfort was indeed a bug and only for plat/OWE.
cistavoda likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 2:15 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
I want to book a flight from Europe to Asia with my family, myself having BA Gold/Oneworld Emerald status.
When putting my FFP in the booking process, my entire family can select FOC comfort, preferred and extra legroom seats, but for me, these seats are blocked to select.. What is the logic behind this and how can I select for myself a seat in these zones?
BTW, is it a glitch or is it normal that also my family can select these seats FOC?
Old Jun 3, 2020, 3:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by janvdr
I want to book a flight from Europe to Asia with my family, myself having BA Gold/Oneworld Emerald status.
When putting my FFP in the booking process, my entire family can select FOC comfort, preferred and extra legroom seats, but for me, these seats are blocked to select.. What is the logic behind this and how can I select for myself a seat in these zones?
BTW, is it a glitch or is it normal that also my family can select these seats FOC?
Try selecting seats via rj.com or via the chat.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 9:42 pm

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
Originally Posted by janvdr
my entire family can select FOC comfort, preferred and extra legroom seats, but for me, these seats are blocked to select..
Is this still going on? I had the same problem in February and there are pictures of the seat map that the different passengers see in my post from then: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32064016-post22.html
Old Nov 30, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
No seat reservations as OWE?

What the heck Finnair,
As BA Gold (OWE) just booked a BA coded flights HEL-LHR-YYZ r/t in J, HEL-flight with AY-metal (350). Can't book AY-seats online as usual, and chat agent gives me this reason as for not booking my seats through them:
"we understand and apologize for the inconvenience, but we are restricted for this reservation specially, we are not able to advise further, unfortunately".

I am used to AY service being quite lousy, so no surprise, but would like to have advanced seat reservations as traveling with my 10y old daughter.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 6:30 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by vulle
we are restricted for this reservation specially
What on earth does this even mean? Topi himself has put you on the naughty list or something?
vulle likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by cistavoda
What on earth does this even mean? Topi himself has put you on the naughty list or something?
Me: Just extremely curious on what the problem is as OWE, something wrong with my booking? No seat guaranteed?
Agent: we don't have the information
cistavoda likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 6:57 am

As per customer service on twitter BA-coded flights can't have advanced seat reservations... Doesn't read here:
https://www.finnair.com/en/oneworld-...s-and-benefits
cistavoda likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 7:14 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Looks like one more reason to avoid codeshares.
vulle likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Sounds weird. I flew HEL-LHR on a BA codeshare as OWE last month and could select my seat without a problem. Has the reservation been ticketed properly?
vulle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.