Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

What to pre-order [in longhaul business class]?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to pre-order [in longhaul business class]?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:19 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
If you are looking for the "chef's gourmet" and other options, they are only offered ex-HEL.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:05 am

In related things, there is a new wine selection. They have ice wine available as dessert wine and it was excellent. Now, if they would serve it cold as it is supposed to and not lukewarm
Old Jul 19, 2015, 12:22 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by reflektia
In related things, there is a new wine selection. They have ice wine available as dessert wine and it was excellent. Now, if they would serve it cold as it is supposed to and not lukewarm
Which one? Other wines? Mmm, I have HEL-NRT on August 2.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Vidal Icewine.
The other wines were weaker than the previous menu:

champagne
  • Nicolas Feuillatte Brut Grande Réserve

whites
  • New Zealand Sauginon Blanc TBD
  • Vulcaia Sauvignon del Veneto IGT 2014

reds
  • Imperial Reserva 2010, Rioja
  • Ch Beau-Site 2010, St Estephe (Cru bourgeois)

desserts
  • Quinto do Portal 2000, colheita
  • Vidal Icewine 2013, Pillitteri

Last edited by remymartin; Jul 21, 2015 at 6:25 am
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:15 pm

Where can I find the menu information? I can't find any info on what I am getting with meal option 1, 2, and 3. I'm trying to preorder for my BKK-HEL flight.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:23 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by Sitti
Where can I find the menu information? I can't find any info on what I am getting with meal option 1, 2, and 3. I'm trying to preorder for my BKK-HEL flight.
That are the only options you got if you fly out of BKK, you have to click on the link on that site to see the actual meals.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:26 am

Programs: BA gold, OWE
Here is menu for Wellness/Lovers/Chefs:

https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/inform...business-class

For Option1/Option2/Option3 you have to call, this is what I got for HEL-ORD for later this week:

Vaihtoehto 1
Karitsan entrecôtea, punaviiniyrttikastiketta, paahdettuja kasviksia ja ohrattoa

Vaihtoehto 2
Paistettua helmikananrintaa, rakuuna-aiolia (valkosipulimajoneesia) ja perunamuhennosta

Vaihtoehto 3
Basilikalla täytettyä fiorellipastaa villivalkosipulikastikkeessa, auringonkuivattua tomaattia, ja mozzarella juustoa
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:51 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Ed Size
... you have to click on the link on that site to see the actual meals.
Originally Posted by temppa

For Option1/Option2/Option3 you have to call...
There is a link in MMB, but it only works sporadically. If you call, they will sent you a pdf of the menu.

Wellness/Lovers/Chefs are ONLY ex HEL.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 3:03 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
New menu (November onwards)

Dinner

Option 1
Warm smoked arctic char, potato terrine and Granny´s traditional sour cream sauce

Option 2
Slow cooked reindeer entrecote, Jerusalem artichoke puree and dark sea buckthorn sauce

Option 3
Mushroom raviolis, tomato-olive pure and cep cream seasoned with fresh thyme leaves

Sounds very good. I was able to select (two weeks prior)
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:37 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
This week on my HEL-PVG flight I had the Chef's Gourmet (roasted fillet of reindeer with ale-cranberry sauce, potato gratin and grilled vegetables) as my main dish for dinner. Have to say that it was really good. The meat was very tasty and the ale-cranberry sauce was great, too!
Old Nov 8, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, OWE
I've never pre-ordered food in J class, I've always trusted get something decent.

Am I right to assume that the pre-order Dinner options 1,2 and 3 are the same dinner options that you would choose from during the flight, but by pre-order you secure your choice?

Not so sure about the reindeer...I'd love to try the Wellness & Energy, but is there enough to eat?

Grilled chili marinated prawns with cashew nuts
- Jasmine rice
- Fresh vegetables
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by The_Director
Not so sure about the reindeer...I'd love to try the Wellness & Energy, but is there enough to eat?

Grilled chili marinated prawns with cashew nuts
- Jasmine rice
- Fresh vegetables
No it´s not - last time I had three (3) medium sized prawns with a small bowl of rice. I had it for years, but they shrinked it, so it fits better to the budget.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, OWE
Originally Posted by Ed Size
No it´s not - last time I had three (3) medium sized prawns with a small bowl of rice. I had it for years, but they shrinked it, so it fits better to the budget.
Thanks...might have to go with the regular meat option then.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:09 am
Moderator, Finnair

No menues published on their normal webpage, but it seems they have fixed the links for menues from manage my booking. At least, I can check the option1/2/3 on flights 1 months out.

Here is menu for daytime flights towards HEL (from e.g. PVG):

Lunch

Option 1
Three cup chicken, vegetables, fried rice with spring onion

Option 2
Grilled fillet of beef with Parma ham, Hollandaise sauce and roasted potatoes

Option 3
Ricotta and herb ravioli in tomato sauce, vegetables and Parmesan cheese

And here is menu on night flights towards HEL (from e.g. SIN)

Midnight menu

Option 1
Ciabatta with turkey ham, hoisin mayonnaise and pickeled cucumber, served with a salad

Option 2
Beef rendang - a julienne of beef cooked with aromatic spices and coconut milk, turmeric rice and stir fried vegetables

Option 3
Cream snapper with pesto topping, saffron tomato sauce and green peas mashed potato

Option 4
Creamy leek and potato soup served with cheese toast
Old Nov 18, 2015, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
This week on my HEL-PVG flight I had the Chef's Gourmet (roasted fillet of reindeer with ale-cranberry sauce, potato gratin and grilled vegetables) as my main dish for dinner. Have to say that it was really good. The meat was very tasty and the ale-cranberry sauce was great, too!
Not blaming you, but after reading the above I decided to give that reindeer another chance on HEL-MIA the other day to see if the new chefs had improved it. On the last three occasions it has been uneadable.

But it was the same this time, overcooked, dry and chewy. The sauce only tasted of thyme...
So my advice has too remain; avoid at any cost!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.