FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   Finnair Plus points now available through Points.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1456867-finnair-plus-points-now-available-through-points-com.html)

remymartin Apr 9, 2013 9:37 am

Finnair Plus points now available through Points.com

About 5 days old, but just saw this in a newsletter today.

AY+ Points are now available for purchase and gifts through (well, embedded on Finnair.com) Points.com. Points can be purchased a minimum of 1k and max of 40k at 2.5cpp.

JoWa Apr 9, 2013 2:24 pm

Didnt understand much, not the most user friendly or pedagogic home page I must say..
But I noticed that the "Buy" box wasnt ticked under Finnair.

remymartin Apr 9, 2013 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by JoWa (Post 20563973)
Didnt understand much, not the most user friendly or pedagogic home page I must say..
But I noticed that the "Buy" box wasnt ticked under Finnair.

Sorry, my text might've been a bit ambiguous. Instead of going to Points.com, go to Finnair.com, click on "Buy points", log in, and the site will say it's "Powered by Points.com". That's what I meant by writing that it's embedded under Finnair.com.

WilcoRoger Apr 10, 2013 3:43 am

Given the high redemption rates, it's plain crazy to buy these points. Intra-EU return in C Y is 44k points - that's 1100$ if you could buy it all.

remymartin Apr 10, 2013 3:53 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger (Post 20566790)
Given the high redemption rates, it's plain crazy to buy these points. Intra-EU return in C is 44k points - that's 1100$ if you could buy it all.

In Y, not C, right?

WilcoRoger Apr 10, 2013 6:10 am

Originally Posted by remymartin (Post 20566824)
In Y, not C, right?

Of course, must have been daydreaming :)

mkgrip Apr 27, 2013 11:08 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger (Post 20566790)
Given the high redemption rates, it's plain crazy to buy these points. Intra-EU return in C Y is 44k points - that's 1100$ if you could buy it all.

As with most programs, the feature is probably mostly meant to be used in case you are just a little short of the award you want. Paying 25€ for that missing 1000p you need to get the award(s) you want doesn't sound that crazy.

Besides promotions may (or may not) come later on. It's pretty rare that buying point at the regular price for the whole award would make sense in any program, with a double miles/points promotion usually not for your average whY class return.

intuition May 7, 2013 10:00 am

Originally Posted by mkgrip (Post 20661475)
As with most programs, the feature is probably mostly meant to be used in case you are just a little short of the award you want. Paying 25€ for that missing 1000p you need to get the award(s) you want doesn't sound that crazy.

Besides promotions may (or may not) come later on. It's pretty rare that buying point at the regular price for the whole award would make sense in any program, with a double miles/points promotion usually not for your average whY class return.

And now that promotion arrived. 30% more points for same cash until 6th june.

dera May 9, 2013 6:21 pm

Points for purchase works perfect, and they appear on your account instantly. I was 2590 points short of a J upgrade, so bought 2000+600 for 50EUR and am now happily at J...

callleguerrero May 12, 2013 5:23 am

I've got four trips planned for the summer between Helsinki and Geneva. So 4000 points each trip and with the current summer price campaign (Kesähinnat 2013), it's 5000 points to upgrade (10000 normally for this leg) to business class one-way.
By buying 4000 points + 1200 bonus points for 100€ I'll be able to upgrade one direction on each trip to business, Yay!

I had 4000 points from a previous flight so I can actually get all the four trips (or half of the flights) upgraded instead of waiting for the first trip's points registering.

WilcoRoger Jun 30, 2013 2:34 am

When the hangman is hanged.

I'm 200 points short of a redemption (probably my last with AY+) so it seems the best (fastest) way is to caugh up for 1k points.

(I'm afraid that availability will be gone by the time other activities would post)

Or actually - does anyone have any experience as to how fast Amex transfers post to AY+? Transferring 1000MR is cheaper than paying :D

remymartin Jun 30, 2013 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger (Post 21014496)

Or actually - does anyone have any experience as to how fast Amex transfers post to AY+? Transferring 1000MR is cheaper than paying :D

I seem to recall about 5 days to xfer a few months back. YMMV, though.

WilcoRoger Jul 2, 2013 3:52 am

Called yesterday, points posted today ^ (and availability has gone in between :td:)

remymartin Jul 2, 2013 5:19 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger (Post 21026014)
Called yesterday, points posted today ^ (and availability has gone in between :td:)

ouch!

remymartin Aug 27, 2013 2:15 am

To whom it may concern (interest),

Finnair is currently running a 40% bonus for purchases or transfers until Sept 27th.