Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reports on service updates

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2019, 2:58 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
With all due respect, who on Earth, in their right mind, can give a rat’s **s if they get a free four days ago made sandwich on a 40min flight (esp. if they book/fly Y) or not...
That's what I told Janica (well not those exact words) when she was sorry she couldn't upgrade my ARN-HEL because it wasn't available even though HEL-LAX was...
on22cz likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ffay005
Did you ask about it?

I've once received a J kit in Y+. Did not complain
Nah, I have more than enough hand lotion and lip balm and tend to put the kits to UFF anyway, so I didn't see the point. Also, the HK-based crew have in my (limited) experience tend to be quite bad with fixing any sort of mishap (maybe everything is genuinely out of their control)
ffay005 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AX
A couple days ago on my flight to ICN I was handed a ”better” pillow by FA prior to takeoff and told they are for Plats (and presumably OWEs as a British person sitting close to me got one as well). Has this been around longer or just something to make up for having still the old bedding and amenity kit on my flight?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:00 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
They came across the cabin with a trolley, at some time between the meals, and serve cake and coffee. I can t remember that I ever saw this before.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by Guillou
A couple days ago on my flight to ICN I was handed a ”better” pillow by FA prior to takeoff and told they are for Plats (and presumably OWEs as a British person sitting close to me got one as well). Has this been around longer or just something to make up for having still the old bedding and amenity kit on my flight?
How is the "better" pillow different? were you in Y or J?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AX
Originally Posted by Clydez
How is the "better" pillow different? were you in Y or J?
J - I can’t recall how the FA exactly called it/described it - maybe that it was memory foam . The pillow itself was firmer than the normal one but no huge difference.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:46 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by Ed Size
They came across the cabin with a trolley, at some time between the meals, and serve cake and coffee. I can t remember that I ever saw this before.
This sounds like the new "kahvikutsut" service concept, introduced on morning departures out of Asia some time in H2 last year.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
On a recent HEL-ALC late night flight as I made my way to my seat in the rear part of the plane the FA (from back galley so not purser) came and asked whether I was Mr. haapalainen and gave me a pillow and a blanket. She said they had only a few pillows and blankets on board in J but she had saved me one as OWE. She also commented how I should have an empty row for myself even though the flight was like 80% full and was somewhat aware of the seat block system. ^ Very nice flight all in all service wise.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:57 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by SuloL
This sounds like the new "kahvikutsut" service concept, introduced on morning departures out of Asia some time in H2 last year.
Never realized that, even if I had two morning flights ex BKK in H2 last year. Anyway even if I neither like cake or coffee I liked the idea.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: AY Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, GC Jade
I got the new pillow on NRT-HEL last Friday. A little bigger and a lot firmer, felt like memory foam. Big improvement in my opinion.
SPBanker likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:04 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards

J - I can’t recall how the FA exactly called it/described it - maybe that it was memory foam . The pillow itself was firmer than the normal one but no huge difference.
Thanks! Me like firm pillows. Personal preference. Hate some hotels have the fluffy pillow which swallows your head.
florens and manywhere like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:25 pm

norra

On a recent business-class heavy Embraer flight (nearly 15 C passengers) the service was just amazing. I found out that there was a trial having 3 members of CC on similar flights. This resulted in a very personalized and unrushed service. My only wish is that they would leave the adjacent seat free at least for individual passengers (I had the pleasure of having an empty seat beside me). The crew was very happy about this trial and encouraged me to answer to a questionary should I receive one. As an OWE I was asked very discreetly my preference of the meal choices. A very good flight wishing this improvement to stay.
SPBanker, loimu, Steve_Hun and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: Finnair plat
Originally Posted by mpkz
Nah, I have more than enough hand lotion and lip balm and tend to put the kits to UFF anyway, so I didn't see the point. Also, the HK-based crew have in my (limited) experience tend to be quite bad with fixing any sort of mishap (maybe everything is genuinely out of their control)
Last year I had a faulty seat in J - which they didn't reported - found out when I complained to customer service.....

by the way, it was the second time I had 8A faulty on different 350
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:48 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
No special pillow to HKG yesterday.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SuloL
The "kahvikutsut" concept is also available on AY1. It is even printed on the menu.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.