Press conference 14.11.2012

Reply

Old Nov 14, 12, 5:19 am
  #61  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: HEL
Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Posts: 8,241
forget it, I read on...
WilcoRoger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 12, 5:21 am
  #62  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Baltic Sea
Programs: AY, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Posts: 5,748
Great to have you here, FinnairPlusrep! And as Kallio said, please contact FT to have you recognized as the official company representative. That way your handle will show up in green and we will all recognize you as the "voice of Finnair Plus". May I also suggest to you to write your handle as FinnairPlusRep.
tsastor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 12, 5:26 am
  #63  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Baltic Sea
Programs: AY, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Posts: 5,748
And congratulations to Finnair for running a really professional operation ex. DEL together with a really professional crew. Also food in Y seems to have improved slightly, although the pre-landing sandwich is still unedible.
tsastor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 12, 5:46 am
  #64  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 32
Is this the right thread to ask the FinnairPlus Rep about HEL-SIN route?

I have been watching this thread eagerly as my partner and I are flying a 'bucketlist' trip to OZ in early January: MAN-HEL-SYD in business class.
We chose Finnair(perhaps naively) because it was rated four-star and mistakenly I thought it was all flat- beds.

I am now reading all kinds of reviews (here and on Skytrax) that IFE that doesn't work and old planes in need of TLC.
Is Finnair actively working to correct IFE problems or is it just hit and miss?

Also, what are the differences on the 'old' A340 planes that seem to be so talked about? How can we find out which 'plane will be operating on our travel days? I'm sure all this sounds really inconsequential for frequent flyers but to us this is a trip of a lifetime.

Are the almost lie flat beds so awful?

Any reassurances would be welcome......
cosmos57 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 12, 6:03 am
  #65  
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: HEL
Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Posts: 3,567
I think it is impossible to say now what plane will be flying what route in early January. Closer to the date you can check http://www.ftdashboard.net/ay.htm to see what planes are flying where.

I have slept relatively comfortably on the angled flat seats, but obviously YMMV. Otherwise the older planes are, well, older. A bit more worn out etc.
SPBanker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 12, 6:13 am
  #66  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 32
YMMV ?
cosmos57 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 12, 6:20 am
  #67  
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: HEL
Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Posts: 3,567
Your mileage may vary. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/YMMV
SPBanker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 12, 6:23 am
  #68  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 32
Thank you for that piece of information. I eagerly await any response from FinnairPlus Rep.....
cosmos57 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 12, 6:37 am
  #69  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Programs: AY Plat
Posts: 126
Originally Posted by OH-LGG View Post
As much as I hate A340-300 aircrafts, I'd like to know what is wrong with OH-LQA ?
You might be right.

I got carried away with the 1994 ex-Virgin, I confess I might not have experience on that but not sure as I have not checked the airplane codes when boarding. Maybe I have understood the ex-Virgin product wrong? I would so love to see full flat seats on the 340's and "1994" was a red flag for me. Does it have the traditional Finnair lie flats? Screen? I have not found specific info on that even here in FT. But I guess I was too quick in drawing conclusions, sorry.

But I do have experience on the ex-AF and the biz seat is somehow odd when upright, it keeps your neck bended forward. And the screen is small. I would have liked to see +10% earnings to compensate slightly for the inferior product or -5000 upgrade points for the same reason.
Benzin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 12, 7:00 am
  #70  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 513
Originally Posted by Benzin View Post
I got carried away with the 1994 ex-Virgin, I confess I might not have experience on that but not sure as I have not checked the airplane codes when boarding. Maybe I have understood the ex-Virgin product wrong? I would so love to see full flat seats on the 340's and "1994" was a red flag for me. Does it have the traditional Finnair lie flats? Screen? I have not found specific info on that even here in FT. But I guess I was too quick in drawing conclusions, sorry.
Ex-Virgin A340 has same seats and IFE as newer A340s. Angled lie-flats in biz as only fully flats are in A330s (and not even all of them have those) though. And I go to roller coasters or drive sports cars if I want thrills from motion, so in my opinion A340 has a nice, quiet and comfortable ride in the skies.
Kallio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 12, 7:41 am
  #71  
TTL
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KUO
Programs: HH Diam, AY Plat, IHG Plat, Visa Plat, PP Prest
Posts: 1,652
What will happen to the good old booking class letters in the new system? Other FFPs depend on that information. And how to book a specific letter in the future?

CDIJ in Business?
YBH in Pro?
KMPT in Value?
-------cut out limit for any OW mileage of value-------
The rest in Basic?
TTL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 12, 8:47 am
  #72  
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Pampanga, Philippines
Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Posts: 1,619
Originally Posted by TTL View Post
What will happen to the good old booking class letters in the new system? Other FFPs depend on that information. And how to book a specific letter in the future?

CDIJ in Business?
YBH in Pro?
KMPT in Value?
-------cut out limit for any OW mileage of value-------
The rest in Basic?
AA has been 100-200% all classes depending on status, if that's cut, goodbye AY for good.
LH747FTL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 12, 8:49 am
  #73  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: HEL
Programs: AY Gold, Shangri La Golden circle
Posts: 65
Originally Posted by OH-LGG View Post
As much as I hate A340-300 aircrafts, I'd like to know what is wrong with OH-LQA ?
Do you mean that some or one of the AY 340s have fully flat seats?
MrsMK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 12, 10:05 am
  #74  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: HEL
Programs: BA GGL, AY Platinum, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond
Posts: 437
There has been some conversation about the seating plans and configurations on AY LH fleet. Hopefully this will provide some clarification what to expect:

Five A340s (LQA-LQE) have the same seating configuration, "old Finnair style" angled lie-flat bed in J. Economy seats are also the same. In other words cabinwise no difference between 1994 LQA and 2008 LQE.

Two ex-AF A340s (LQF/LQG) have ex-AF seats (with Finnair textiles though), AF-style angled lie-flat in J and AF-style Y seats with smaller IFE screen than in LQA-LQE.

Four A330s (LTM-LTP) have the same seats than LQA-LQE, angled lie-flat etc., the only difference is the lighter blue colours in the textiles.

One A330 (LTR) has the new bigger J class, with the new fully flat seats.

Three A330s (LTS-LTU) have the same new J seats than LTR, just fewer seats in J resulting more seats in Y class. All A330s have the same Y seat than LQA-LQE.

Consistent product, eh?

Last edited by esledo; Nov 14, 12 at 12:17 pm
esledo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 12, 10:45 am
  #75  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: HEL
Programs: AY Gold, Shangri La Golden circle
Posts: 65
Originally Posted by esledo View Post
There has been some conversation about the seating plans and configurations on AY LH fleet. Hopefully this will provide some clarification what to expect:

Five A340s (LQA-LQE) have the same seating configuration, "old Finnair style" angled lie-flat bed in J. Economy seats are also the same. In other words cabinwise no difference between 1994 LQA and 2008 LQE.

Two ex-AF A340s (LQF/LQG) have ex-AF seats (with Finnair textiles though), AF-style angled lie-flat in J and AF-style Y seats with smaller IFE screen than in LQA-LQE.

Four A330s (LTM-LTP) have the same seats than LQA-LQE, angled lie-flat etc., the only difference is the lighter blue colours in the textiles.

One A330 (LTR) has the new bigger J class, with the new fully flat seats.

Thee A330s (LTS-LTU) have the same new J seats than LTR, just fewer seats in J resulting more seats in Y class. All A330s have the same Y seat than LQA-LQE.

Consistent product, eh?
Yes, isn't it! I'll fly to BKK soon and will have a "solo" seat. Is that configuration always with the new flat seats? Thanks!
MrsMK is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread