Wiki Posts
Search

AY in 2012 FlyerTalk Awards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 3:00 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Original Poster
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
AY in 2012 FlyerTalk Awards

As you may have noticed, the 2012 FlyerTalk Awards have been announced. (You did vote, didn't you?)

http://www.flyertalk.com/awards/fullresults.html

I find it quite interesting that AY+ is ranked one of the worts FF programs in Europe, scoring between TAROM and Aerosvit. I don't think things are quite that bad, given the fact that Finnair was mentioned in 1.88% of the votes in the category, more than e.g. Iberia, Alitalia and Aer Lingus. Obviously not so many ranked it first, though.

Given this, it is even more interesting that AY+ is tenth in the Outstanding Benefit category with "Upgrading with miles from any booking class." Almost four per cent of voters mentioned this! Given the size of Finnair, I think this is pretty significant. Finnair, anybody listening?

I have always thought that this easy of upgrading is the benefit of AY+, and it seems many others agree. But the overall ranking of the program is pretty sad... Granted, large carriers have a definite advantage in votes of this kind, but still.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 4:08 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
There just is no way I will choose Finnair in the foreseeable future.

Compare with SAS: 100% point earnings, 50% point bargains, no fuel surcharge.
There is even a rumour that SAS will reintroduce free food in the autumn.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.